Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is this OK for tank build (lvl 70)

This is a discussion on Is this OK for tank build (lvl 70) within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; I don't plan on taking it higher so looking at these items, need to know for suggestions making it better. ...
Page: 1

I don't plan on taking it higher so looking at these items, need to know for suggestions making it better. Please note I'll also have a set of FP / Chit defences (spear gaunts and boots, dd helmet, club pauldron, axe pads)

Chits+7 - Dread+7

EP+3 - IB+0 - LB+0 - ROL+0 - CE+0 - SSE+0 - Lycaon Ham+6
    ###########

If my sums are right it should be
    - 1549 ac
    - ???? hp
    - 20DD - 30AX - 30 SPEAR - 10 SWORD - 10 ARROW - 10 CLUB

141FR
    121GR
    181LR
    ###########

> As I play diez I considered swapping the rol for a rom (for the gr) since we are swamped with mages and I don't like being slowed
    > Can anyone suggest other (non-uber) items to get as I'm a cheap arse and gearing up my warrior too :P

I don't plan on taking it higher so looking at these items, need to know for suggestions making it better. Please note I'll also have a set of FP / Chit defences (spear gaunts and boots, dd helmet, club pauldron, axe pads)

Chits+7 - Dread+7

EP+3 - IB+0 - LB+0 - ROL+0 - CE+0 - SSE+0 - Lycaon Ham+6
    ###########

If my sums are right it should be
    - 1549 ac
    - ???? hp
    - 20DD - 30AX - 30 SPEAR - 10 SWORD - 10 ARROW - 10 CLUB

141FR
    121GR
    181LR
    ###########

> As I play diez I considered swapping the rol for a rom (for the gr) since we are swamped with mages and I don't like being slowed
    > Can anyone suggest other (non-uber) items to get as I'm a cheap arse and gearing up my warrior too :P[/b]
    uhh... could you somehow trade the ep for an IN? >.< nothing beats the awesome weapon defences for a priest

well.. u said u dont plan on taking the accesories higher.. so what "suggestions to making it better" do you want?

i&#39;d say chitins +8 is the most important for you....... you gain quite a bit of HP + some AC... your accesories look fine..... i would save up for a CS of any +... since its teh pwnzor for tank mage..

[/b]
    uhh... could you somehow trade the ep for an IN? >.< nothing beats the awesome weapon defences for a priest
    IN doesn&#39;t do that much for priest it&#39;s BP who need it more, INT priest have massive ac and it can be cured in a second anyway. I&#39;d rather stick with the huge hp boost from an ep

your accesories look fine.....
    I did change it around slightly, was mainly ce+1, rom (instead of rol)

i&#39;d say chitins +8 is the most important for you....... you gain quite a bit of HP + some AC...
    agreed, changed to and chits+8 20ac boost or something for 2 stats lost

i would save up for a CS of any +...
    I&#39;m nowhere rich enough for a cs so I&#39;ll get a personal shield, better than shitty dread shields anyway
    (35 club axe sword and spear def at +6)

since its teh pwnzor for tank mage..
    I&#39;m a priest :P

IN doesn&#39;t do that much for priest it&#39;s BP who need it more, INT priest have massive ac and it can be cured in a second anyway. I&#39;d rather stick with the huge hp boost from an ep

your accesories look fine.....
    I did change it around slightly, was mainly ce+1, rom (instead of rol)

i&#39;d say chitins +8 is the most important for you....... you gain quite a bit of HP + some AC...
    agreed, changed to and chits+8 20ac boost or something for 2 stats lost

i would save up for a CS of any +...
    I&#39;m nowhere rich enough for a cs so I&#39;ll get a personal shield, better than shitty dread shields anyway
    (35 club axe sword and spear def at +6)

since its teh pwnzor for tank mage..
    I&#39;m a priest :P[/b]
    yeahi t was a typo :P :P

Actually... int priests could benefit from an IN a lot too... it&#39;ll reduce the damage you get hit for... so that if theres a group of ppl gangbanging on you, you could out-heal/pot the damage.. but with an EP they might do more than 1920 + 720 damage per pot/cooldown. Meh its ur own choice.. since you dont have high weapon defences... i&#39;d say that an IN would probably be better for you. Maybe if your personal sheild goes +6.. then i would consider the ep :P

if ya want more resistances then swap the SSE for CE +1 or something, and swap 1 of your rings for the legionaire band, ya loose a bit of AC, but you gain quite a lot of resistances.

Druide_Fr

Actually... int priests could benefit from an IN a lot too... it&#39;ll reduce the damage you get hit for... so that if theres a group of ppl gangbanging on you, you could out-heal/pot the damage.. but with an EP they might do more than 1920 + 720 damage per pot/cooldown. Meh its ur own choice.. since you dont have high weapon defences... i&#39;d say that an IN would probably be better for you. Maybe if your personal sheild goes +6.. then i would consider the ep :P[/b]
    I tested both a combination Dread Shield +7 / EP +2 / Glass Belt vs Dread Shield +7 / IN / Glass Belt, without master skills for damage reduction. It came out that I prefer the HP boost from the EP +2. In my mind, if the EP is +3, there is no questions you should keep the EP.

I also happen to have a personnal shield +6. I use it from time to time, but really my no 1 shield is the dread shield +7. The AC boost is awesome and it really make a difference, especially when you are maliced / tormented.

My 2 cents.

I tested both a combination Dread Shield +7 / EP +2 / Glass Belt vs Dread Shield +7 / IN / Glass Belt, without master skills for damage reduction. It came out that I prefer the HP boost from the EP +2. In my mind, if the EP is +3, there is no questions you should keep the EP.

I also happen to have a personnal shield +6. I use it from time to time, but really my no 1 shield is the dread shield +7. The AC boost is awesome and it really make a difference, especially when you are maliced / tormented.

My 2 cents.[/b]
    well i guess the HP and weapon defences is just personal preference.

And about the dread +7 vs Personal, i have a friend who tested a personal +5 against a dread +7 on a lvl 75+ warrior. And the personal, even only at +5, reudced like 30-50 or so damage compared to the dread.... which is pretty godly

well i guess the HP and weapon defences is just personal preference.

And about the dread +7 vs Personal, i have a friend who tested a personal +5 against a dread +7 on a lvl 75+ warrior. And the personal, even only at +5, reudced like 30-50 or so damage compared to the dread.... which is pretty godly[/b]

meaby cuz warrior got high ac, my friend tested same on paper bp and dread > personal against warrior with rappy

personal>dread when it comes to spear axe and dagger reduction damage ofc as the % of it is higher in personal, dread is a nice shield for its ac and resists, but i would keep personal as it is more balanced agaisnt all classes, only way i would take dread is if it was +8

meaby cuz warrior got high ac, my friend tested same on paper bp and dread > personal against warrior with rappy[/b]
    i meant the one doing the damage was a warrior lvl 75+. friend is a priest. and shouldnt a personal help a bp more?...... cuz the lower your AC, the more effective weapon defences are... i mean if you get spiked 1k with 0 dd, then 10 DD will save you 100 damage...... but if you get spiked 500 , then 10 dd = 50 damage......? shouldn&#39;t it be like that?

Aurora

> As I play diez I considered swapping the rol for a rom (for the gr) since we are swamped with mages and I don&#39;t like being slowed[/b]
    Don&#39;t do that. Cure is the medicine of Ice. But what would you do when you are atacked by a lightning mage? Healing failed? Cure failed? LR more important IMO.

Possibly but when your slowed more chance of being gang banged too

Besides this build still has 160LR using ROM and could quite easily use a lightning belt or goblins for 200+

Aurora

Your choice ofc. But i prefer 10 def, 50 hp, and LR then GR ^.^ Hate being stuned by lightning mages and staff skill fails my skills so much. SS + Lycaon covers any difference about resists.

AndyJH

I&#39;ll stick with the ROM I think. Ice is just as important as LR I think, and you dont get stunned as many times with 160LR anyway. Easily change to SS if needed anyway for that lil boost

the great thing about weapon defences, you cant debuff them, whereas ac and HP get the fucked debuffed out of them

Exactly - that&#39;s why it&#39;s statted for high wep def

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast