Paper HP support?

This is a discussion on Paper HP support? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Alrighty guys... I've seen this build around, and i just wanted to know what you guys think of mine: 76 ...
Page: 1

From Bankrupt to Blue Sky Senior Member Riley's Avatar

Alrighty guys... I've seen this build around, and i just wanted to know what you guys think of mine:

76 int for +8 paper armors.
    104 str for +6 personal shield

GEAR:

Full +8 paper hp armor.
    Glass belt
    Dual LB's (for the resists)
    Dual WSE (for the int)
    Player shield +6
    (no idea for club. not enough int for lycaon.)

This leaves me with about 247 points into hp
    76 into int.
    104 into str.

Which means I have 808 def unbuffed.
    And about 5238 hp from my gear, etc. (im not really sure what the base hp is)

My main concern is my mana. Im a 60/60/6 master build, and im worried that i wont have enough hp to cast full party heals.

Suggestions/comments please.

try a small shield +8/25 repel ull have some fun there

Well first of all, do not try this build if you dont have g1 weapon defences, which means, if you dont play older servers with the good g1 defenses dont even bother with this build, same if you dont have CS. Your items are good, but youre better off going chitin/fp if you dont have the weapon defense or CS, the reason a chitin shield is so important with this build is its low str requirement which allows you to pump even more points into str. You will have enough mana for party heal, but styx or mage lvl 80 skill will completely own you and your party so you must learn to pot pretty fast. As for the hammers you could pump a little more into int and use lycaon/lobo hammer, or just stick with a tooth.
    pros:
    -much more hp
    -around same damage taken(if you have full g1 weapon defense armor+cs)

cons:
    -low mana
    -need really good gear for it to work good
    -not enough variety of hammers to use
    -shitty resists

In conclusion, this is not a build for new servers

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

if u need more mana, get a sword of the beast, if u need more mana get a tooth

if u need more mana, get a sword of the beast, if u need more HP get a tooth [/b]

but u should go for chitin build it's better

Well first of all, do not try this build if you dont have g1 weapon defences, which means, if you dont play older servers with the good g1 defenses dont even bother with this build, same if you dont have CS. Your items are good, but youre better off going chitin/fp if you dont have the weapon defense or CS, the reason a chitin shield is so important with this build is its low str requirement which allows you to pump even more points into str. You will have enough mana for party heal, but styx or mage lvl 80 skill will completely own you and your party so you must learn to pot pretty fast. As for the hammers you could pump a little more into int and use lycaon/lobo hammer, or just stick with a tooth.
    pros:
    -much more hp
    -around same damage taken(if you have full g1 weapon defense armor+cs)

cons:
    -low mana
    -need really good gear for it to work good
    -not enough variety of hammers to use
    -shitty resists

In conclusion, this is not a build for new servers [/b]
    +1, i agree with this guy, one of the MAIN disadvantages of this build is the very very low mana and resistances. With such low mana pool, u'll end up potting MP a lot, which means u cant pot HP much, which would probably mean that you would be down on the ground even before a chitin priest would be. Same as the resists, u'll be easily stunned and slowed, so curing urself will mean less time to support ur party... which wouldnt be nice.

If you really do think u like this build, then i would suggest it to you for ARDREAM!. its a really good build in ardream, i've tested and played around with it, but u must have at least some kidna weapon def belt and upgradeable DD helmet. Why this build works in ardream and NOT cz (60+)? well because in ardream, mages arent much of a threat, definately not compared to 60+ mages. Mages dont have the poweful lvl 72 blading skill, or lvl 60 and 70 novas, making them not much of a threat. Of course, theres gonna be some mages with godly gears that'll hit very hard, but those mages probably make up 1% of the mage population, so it wont really hurt that much. Oh and, for ardream, u really dont need THAT much mana.... unless ur a party healer (when i went this build, i was a tormenter... and torment doesnt use much mp, same as 960 heal =O)

Dual LB / Dual LE / Iron Set / Lycaon Hammer / Paper8 HP Armours /G2 DD Helmet / Chitin Shield

That would be a better build as paper support IMO, good enough for a full healer. If paper HP however I'd recommend going duffer / heal rather than healer / duff. Less maan consumption

Going 102 INT allows for a cheaper DD helmet, unlocks the ability to use lycaon hammer and ability to use higher grade armours with 4-500 more mana.

You'd get around 1k ac, 100 resists+ to all and around 6500+ hp scrolled.
    EDIT - Give me 10 mins ill post up stats of a priest like that :P

As promised (assuming your 72 btw)

102 INT
    76 STR
    242 HP
    ############
    1111AC
    6446AC
    FR - 138
    GR - 158
    LR - 178

CS+0, Lycaon +6, Iron Set+0, Dual LB+0, Dual LE+0, G2 DD Helmet, G2 Goblin Pads/Paul, G1 Spear Boots, G1 Spear Gaunts

EDIT : You won't be as much of a tank as a true INT priest but this build is very good. I had talia skin, dd helmet, spear boots /gaunts and personal shield +6

Could easily tank the lvl 80 warriors in cave and i didn't have subside or iron set

From Bankrupt to Blue Sky Senior Member Riley's Avatar

As promised (assuming your 72 btw)

102 INT
    76 STR
    242 HP
    ############
    1111AC
    6446AC
    FR - 138
    GR - 158
    LR - 178

CS+0, Lycaon +6, Iron Set+0, Dual LB+0, Dual LE+0, G2 DD Helmet, G2 Goblin Pads/Paul, G1 Spear Boots, G1 Spear Gaunts
    EDIT : You won't be as much of a tank as a true INT priest but this build is very good. I had talia skin, dd helmet, spear boots /gaunts and personal shield +6

Could easily tank the lvl 80 warriors in cave and i didn't have subside or iron set[/b]
    Well then why wouldn't I just upgrade to g2 armor?

104 STR ( i cant get a chitin shield, ill have to find wep def elsewhere. Ill be using player shield +6)
    114 Int Which allows me to use lycaon/lobo.

This takes 18 points away from my first build, leaving me with 229 HP points.
    However, I gain 33 points of defense, and lose 261 hp.

yay or nay?

Well then why wouldn't I just upgrade to g2 armor?

104 STR ( i cant get a chitin shield, ill have to find wep def elsewhere. Ill be using player shield +6)
    114 Int Which allows me to use lycaon/lobo.

This takes 18 points away from my first build, leaving me with 229 HP points.
    However, I gain 33 points of defense, and lose 261 hp.

yay or nay?[/b]

i would go G2 and sacrifice the 261 hp...

also, adding a lycaon +6 into the mix would help you out big time...
    also, you can try getting G2 goblin pads and pauldron, thatll lower your INT requirement, give you some additional resists and regain some of your lost HP...

I don't know what server you're on but I selected that build as using wep defence armours, being paper you'll need them on nearly all the time. This is where it differs to INT builds.

If you're on servers were they have wep defence armours, try getting those items asap (g2 spears if you can). Then use goblins

That way you have some base wep defences and some resists with lower INT req. Add the stats for personal shield and dump the res into HP

Then skill yourself as 70 duff / 10 master / 46 heal. Believe me the dmg reductions help a lot (not just against melee but mages). I was a 60/60 in dungeon , it was good for keeping party alive but melee's hit hard. The dmg reductions would be great as it's every hit.

Iron Set / Wep Defs / Subside means the high lvls hit like bitches. Ignore people who say this build can't tank for shit, it can. You just need the items to back it up and it's way cheaper than INT build. You can easily whack on a talia for some bonus +50/+200 defences.

I will point out a FP Tank would be better than HP tank, but HP tank is better if you can't afford FP build. The prices between wep def armour is 2-3x cheaper than the FP equivalents

EDIT - PS, fuck lobo it's crap. Get lycaon best INT mace ever

feng

i used to do this build, +8 papers, dread shield +6, quest accessories, u have lowmana, but ur hp is high, and u should have decent ac, use a tooth and use undying, u can buff up to like 8k, yes u havelow mana, but ur hp is so high u dont really need to hp pot, usually between complete heal and complete party heal u wontneed it, ppl complain abouthow u need to hp pot but they havent tried the build, i was only lvl 68 onmy priest, but even at that lvl when i pk'd i could tank 2 80 rogue cp combos easily, nothing more amusing than goin to bdws and watching ppl try and kill u as a tank priest, i could tank the entire team 2 complete heals + 1920, u dont NEED hp pots, + u can always get mana accessories