Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

personal shield+6 vs dread shield+8 what better?

This is a discussion on personal shield+6 vs dread shield+8 what better? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; what shield will be best for pk??? i am using fp / chitin build, chitin gob paulderon chitin boots/gunglets+8 helm/pads ...
Page: 1

what shield will be best for pk???

i am using fp / chitin build,

chitin gob paulderon
    chitin boots/gunglets+8

helm/pads fp's

what shield will be better for me?

TopCat

what shield will be best for pk???

i am using fp / chitin build,

chitin gob paulderon
    chitin boots/gunglets+8

helm/pads fp's

what shield will be better for me?[/b]
    hmm i have a ds +8 .. and a gab +6 .. i tested it many ways and the gab is a wee bit better .. gab +7 wud be better though .. btw its gabs adamant.. i also had ps.. but +5 and ds +8 was better than ps +5

zabjaka

id choose ps.. just coz of club def

DeHealer

DS has DD, SPear and Ax defense
    Personal has Spear, Ax, Sword and Club Defense
    Even tho Spear and Ax defenses on PS+6 > Defenses on DS+8
    DS>>PS I've tested it!
    But when u will get attacked by clubs or swords PS>DS, So just switch between them :P

auditurbo4

both are very handy, but a good priest wouldn't need to use just one...he or she would know what shield to use in the given situation...

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

both are very handy, but a good priest wouldn't need to use just one...he or she would know what shield to use in the given situation... [/b]
    +1

take both shields, i had a ds +7 and personal shield +6, and i would switch between them a lot, now i have a gab shield +7 and a personal shield +6, and its almost time to say bb to my personal shield when i go +7 XD (other personal shield boomed going +7 :P )

u mean ur gab +7 is better than u ps +6 and u dont even have to switch them ?

u mean ur gab +7 is better than u ps +6 and u dont even have to switch them ?[/b]
    Gab+7 is WAY better than personal shield

gab7 has the same wep defs at +7 as a personal shield +6, it also includes 25dd, has 18 more resists and has 67 more ac

gab better than cs imo but most cs people argue it

EDIT : Add to the fact that when the curse activates certain classes can't attack you

as an example i took 80lvl chitin build priest:

CS+7 / fp dd25 helmet
    234 AC
    180 HP
    30 FR/GR/LR
    25 dd
    50 sd/cd/ad/swd

GAB+7 / chitin+8/15hp helmet
    375 AC
    267 HP
    30 FR/GR/LR/PR/MR/CR
    25 dd
    30 sd/cd/ad/swd

PS+7 / fp dd25 helmet
    280 AC
    88 HP
    14 FR/GR/LR
    25 dd
    38 sd/cd/ad/swd

With all these items available (old servers), depends on a dominating class on your server. If there are alot of sins, GAB would be prolly your best bet as u can even raise up your dd adding the dd helmet, if warriors/bps - CS anyday. Curse? Too random to count on it.

i prefer my PS+8:

Defense Ability : 234
    Defense Ability (Sword) : 41
    Defense Ability (Club) : 41
    Defense Ability (Ax) : 41
    Defense Ability (Spear) : 41
    Strength Bonus : 8
    Health Bonus : 8
    Dexterity Bonus : 8
    Intelligence Bonus : 8
    Resistance to Flame : 16
    Resistance to Glacier : 16
    Resistance to Lightning : 16

with a chitin DD-helm +7/+8

its absolutly enough!

You can NEVER have enough

I think I'd prefer GABS anyway, saves you fucking around changing shields

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

You can NEVER have enough

I think I'd prefer GABS anyway, saves you fucking around changing shields[/b]
    it does, it is the ultimate shield, and the special ablilty does help out a lot

but, do compare it to newer servers seeing as how we dont have chitin shields ( ok we have 1 cs on our server during that "time" it droped :P)

but gab>cs, hands down, you can argue with me as much as you want, but @ +7 its massive, when (on newer servers seeing as how there is no rare dd shield) seeing a lvl 80 rouge critical point spike you for around 450~500, its great

theres no any point in arguing with u as uve said yourself there are no CSs on Ronark (ok ok 1)

it does, it is the ultimate shield, and the special ablilty does help out a lot

but, do compare it to newer servers seeing as how we dont have chitin shields ( ok we have 1 cs on our server during that "time" it droped :P)

but gab>cs, hands down, you can argue with me as much as you want, but @ +7 its massive, when (on newer servers seeing as how there is no rare dd shield) seeing a lvl 80 rouge critical point spike you for around 450~500, its great [/b]
    I'd have GABS over CS anyway because I like it more, diez has a lot of baba'd level 80 warriors but half can't combo for shit anyway, the lvl 80 rogues on diez don't need combo because they hit me like 1800 or something with dd shield and the bastards usually travel in packs

Times will change anyway, I'm working on my tank priest this year when I return to ko

cowwgoat

i had dread shield +8 and personal +5... i upgraded my persoanl shield to +7 not caring iif it burned cause i loved my dread +8... well i made my personal sheild +7 so then i sold the dread +8 cause the persoanl shield is enoguh... i loved my chitin shield too (all 3) :P but over all u get hella wep def at +7 (38) and the ac is decent along with all the others bonuses... i DO miss the dread shield +8 but i'd def pick personal shield +7 in this situation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast