Personal Staff +7 versus Elexir + 8

This is a discussion on Personal Staff +7 versus Elexir + 8 within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Which one hits harder?...
Page: 1

simpleguy144

Which one hits harder?

Elixir +8. More AP more Elemental (on 1 element), MP is for the birds in pk.

AP WISE, Elixir is better but I think it's up to the player if he wants to have additional 7hp and some resistances.

Imo, even though I am not a mage player, I'd take Elixir+8

the thing is that personal staff makes quite similar dmg to elixir +8...

AgNostoS_

whats the optimal use of a personal staff +7 on a lvl76(currently)???
    i mean what kind of element whould be good for it?
    does it slow or stun effectively ?

since it's specialty is, that it does not need much INT, I would try to make a low INT build. Something like Cardboard mage or so. Besides of that.. Imho, Personal Staff isn't a good choice. Pole ftw.

simpleguy144

whats the optimal use of a personal staff +7 on a lvl76(currently)???
    i mean what kind of element whould be good for it?
    does it slow or stun effectively ?[/b]

In my own opionion, its good staff whether you are fire, lightning or glacier mage.

Banned

The elixer and the personal staff arent even in the same class. The elixer has a higher ap, so if you're statted for the elixer, it will hit harder. But with the lower int req on the personal, you can add wayy more points into MP and hit harder then the elixer.

I've always been a believer in building your mage around your staff. Staffs are separated in classes of int. Certain staffs have higher AP/Int ratio. Meaning: Higher AP vs lower int requirement. This means you can A: use armor with similar Int requirments (leaving you with more points to put into MP/HP) or B: Stat higher into int (go 160 for crimson etc.)

The best choice is nearly always A. The personal staff has an Int requirement of 100 meaning you could put only enough points into int that your armor required, that would leave you 60 extra points you could potentially put into MP.

To make a long story short, if you want to build for crimson or complete = elixer, for Cardbaord-crystal = personal.

simpleguy144

The elixer and the personal staff arent even in the same class. The elixer has a higher ap, so if you're statted for the elixer, it will hit harder. But with the lower int req on the personal, you can add wayy more points into MP and hit harder then the elixer.

I've always been a believer in building your mage around your staff. Staffs are separated in classes of int. Certain staffs have higher AP/Int ratio. Meaning: Higher AP vs lower int requirement. This means you can A: use armor with similar Int requirments (leaving you with more points to put into MP/HP) or B: Stat higher into int (go 160 for crimson etc.)

The best choice is nearly always A. The personal staff has an Int requirement of 100 meaning you could put only enough points into int that your armor required, that would leave you 60 extra points you could potentially put into MP.

To make a long story short, if you want to build for crimson or complete = elixer, for Cardbaord-crystal = personal.[/b]
    i agree with ur explanation

Senior Member TheWorldWelivingIn's Avatar

best staff for crystal build would be hell blood, garp or elysium. 138 int req i think and lots ap

the best u can do is to listen to sanctis

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

IMO only time u should be using personal staff if ur a cardboard mag. In situations if you are shell or crystal build, then take elixir +8 any time over the personal

ThePrime

you are stupid if you choosen personal staf above pole. pole is very good in what it does. for cardboard scorch staf> personal staff.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

you are stupid if you choosen personal staf above pole. pole is very good in what it does. for cardboard scorch staf> personal staff.[/b]
    wtf... just lol