Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DS +8 Vs Gabs Blessing +6

This is a discussion on DS +8 Vs Gabs Blessing +6 within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; What would ya go for? Full support build in cz...
Page: 1

Default DS +8 Vs Gabs Blessing +6

What would ya go for?

Full support build in cz

Cejdik

I prefer Gab for mage

Banned

Depends whats your other gear... Coz ye it doesnt add same AC as DS +8 and it doesnt add HP, but it has 23 def for all the weapons + nice resis

Btw why +6? DS +8 cost like gabs blessing +6?

p.s do you know that the effect works only at +7?

El Shaddai Senior Member zecabr's Avatar

gabs blessing+6 all the way, cz has too many diff meele weapon ( ax, club, sword, spear ) u need all of them + dd, and gabs blessing is better than a +7 coz of the nab curse, and gabs blessing+6 might be even cheaper than ds8 so go for it nico.

from the only place where u'll be able to listen the true Minimal

GAB BLESs +6 usually costs about 300m less than ds+8
    Even if ds+8 pumps a lot your ac (385) ..i would pick gab+6 mainly becouse of higher dd.
    15 dd ( ds+8 ) vs 23 dd gab+6
    And ofc...cuz it has both weapon res to all the other weapons too but arrows, and cuz of all element resist. that are helpfull too.
    Now, probably ds+8 could do its job too if you're not duffed but once maliced what matters is weapon resists. ANd u'll feel a lot 15dd vs 23.
    Moreover, If i'm not wrong, to calculate the dmg u recieve, firstly it's considered the amount of weap resist u got and then your ac.
    Without considering the guys with cp and shining +9/10 items...
    So...what i would try to do is.... mounting gab when in pain (expl. sin incoming..) , mount dd cap,....use the dmg absorb. from mana skill.... ( ofc..i guess u're int with lots of mana..or it wont work at its best ) then tp somewhere farrer from the sin...and cast a blink...or do any other thing u want.
    Shield on and mana absorb skill should save your ass badly... the point is staying alive enough while being duffed...givin u the time to run away/escape and tp your pt.
    Last edited by inarco; 05-19-2011 at 11:06 AM.

i think the gab6 and dread8 are both great shields and they both are better in some ways.

dread8 has 100+ more ac then gab6 which will help your base ac for when you are duffed and lower overall dmg by alot.

gab6 has GR and 8 more DD, both things are much needed and the dd with reduce dmg from rogues.

The beter option is the gab6 mostly because there is more room for improving. Getting ds9 is going to be much harder then getting a +7 gabs.

Banned

I still dont understand why its DS +8 vs Gabs +6..? There is no way that they cost the same, so why not getting a +7 that will have effect that will help ya?

ThePenguin Senior Member ravizzl's Avatar

Dont u dare going support..

well..they prob are about or close to te same price. DS+8 only like 20-25gb's and gabs7 has to be 50gb+.

from the only place where u'll be able to listen the true Minimal

on my serv gab's bless+7 is 30-35 and +6 costs about 13-15gb
    ds 18gb

Against spear and axe, DS+8 is better all the way. 23dd vs 15dd +85 def (on torment) is even and the DS extra def helps against archers. But where Gab's makes the real difference is against club and sword. DS doesn't have them and it really hurts especially on torment. So it's better to pick gab to have a better balanced weapon defences.

also remember its better to have balanced weapon def cause you cant dictate what weapons your opponents will be using. the gabs will cover all if not most, so whether its a wirinom,baal,hb,ave,rappy, and of course dagger.

well if a bless is 3 gb cheaper than a ds+8, my choice would be a ada+6, chd+6 and dual trina +7 ftw! believe me, its worth the risk, with an ada they can bang you all you want, chances are slim they can take u down if ur a light mage

ds +8

gabs..... it has all the wep def and some nice bonuses

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast