Projected Mage build

This is a discussion on Projected Mage build within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Hi guys . I'm finally able to upgrade my uniques, and I need opinions This is what I should be ...
Page: 1

From Bankrupt to Blue Sky Senior Member Riley's Avatar

Default Projected Mage build

Hi guys . I'm finally able to upgrade my uniques, and I need opinions This is what I should be able to get, with a little bit of work.

That is with:
    Paper Set +8
    DD Talia
    SSE +2 x2
    EP +3
    Rol +2
    LB +2
    Glass belt
    AG Faun +7
    W/ DD helmet its about 10184 HP

Buffs are: Undy and 350 AC, and HP PUS scroll thingy.
    Obviously with 31 AC I'd have 1058 AC.

My question is:
    Are there any similarly priced accessories that I can swap out to get better stats? Mages aren't really a problem on my server since most of them are support, and with 10k HP they just tickle. I'm not really concerned about damage, sooo, no comments on that . Would it be worth it to get dual WSE +3 instead of the sse +2's to help with the int?

Also..not into the whole shield build thing, so, none of that

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

nah ur mana is fine imo ur mana is mostly affected when ur non stop blading...
    ur not a priest who will suck
    up mana like crazy. unless using mana shield..

others will say to trade out sse for an lkp +3 pff
    but sse +2 has more hp than lkp and more ac which is wat ur after im sure

if u think ur lacking resist use ur gr and all u would lack is fire which is something
    i woldnt worry about id rather worry bout being slowed or being stunned sine ur a support mage

I also have talias for mages if they're really THAT bad, but most mages are nub or dont hit hard since theyre support.

you're uniques seem fine cuz they are pretty much the best ac uniques for a paper mage but i would miss flame rings too much if i were you. i would prob try going for dual fr+3 just because im a damage whore

Quote Originally Posted by Castine View Post
    you're uniques seem fine cuz they are pretty much the best ac uniques for a paper mage but i would miss flame rings too much if i were you. i would prob try going for dual fr+3 just because im a damage whore
    He's a lightning mage, so FRs would be kinda ... useless

your resists really need to be higher ^^ I'd go for 1 LKP or trade a ROL for another LB

WSE ain't a must, since you won't be staffing THAT much

bugabuga

Well now rogues are gonna know to drain you first....

Quote Originally Posted by cizia View Post
    He's a lightning mage, so FRs would be kinda ... useless

your resists really need to be higher ^^ I'd go for 1 LKP or trade a ROL for another LB

WSE ain't a must, since you won't be staffing THAT much
    I've decided to get dual WSE +3, as opposed to dual SSE +2, because I get 14 more defense, 30 more int, and only lose 10HP, which..I really don't need :P

Also, like I said, resists really aren't overly necessary in my server. Most mages are pretty nub, and don't put a dent in me. I rarely run into mages even who attack now that I think about it..most are off in the forest tping their party. Also, the mages who are actually decent and attack..which there are about four of them total on orc side, are all lightning, so the rol and my own LR spell, I will be fine in that area.

Raoul

would you consider taking out points from both mp and hp to instead get something like gab adamant +7 or instead just get a chitin shield or something for those incidents where there is just a lot of people trying to kill you?

baburself paper+9 set
    dual rols is ok i guess, but id prefer to be the best mage that kills so id get the elemental rings imirs or flame rings or rofs.
    If ur rich keep both for support/solo/ks as mage.
    Or get as much HP as possible and get urself a CS+0 and dont worry about support. When ur in a pinch switch to cs0 and when u in group atack with as much dmg as u can deal.

I played a freidns mage with elier+11 rebirth lightning shell set 9 253 mp 160int dual imir3 / in3 ib3 dual sse3s back when there was no 83 patch
    and seriously it was the bets build eevr. Especialy running in a pack of mages, u will only see urself dominatiing even without trying. Heck soloing was the best for me. Blink blink lighting blade. Nearly invicible cuz u can run or initiate an attakc.