Q: Shio?

This is a discussion on Q: Shio? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Forgive me if this is a newb question but I did never use one of those elemental rings. So yeah ...
Page: 1

StoneColdAngel

Forgive me if this is a newb question but I did never use one of those elemental rings. So yeah my question is:
    Do Shio Rings increase your slow rate?

Thanks in advance.

Banned

Yep, glacier damage increases your slow rate aswell as your damage, but mostly you see it more when you blade (lvl 42/72 staff skill).
    Thats why Glacier Erenion is best support staff ( 78 glacier damage at +7 and excelent bonuses).
    I personally have shio+1 and +0 along with an oasis staff +7 for better blading damage and i slow almost everytime with 1 nova.

StoneColdAngel

WEll I willbe lvl 59 ardream mage with cs+6 and a lobo hamer+8 ^^ Also I will use a GE+7. I basically know all my gear already, just can't decide wether to go dual ROL or Rol + Shio+0 later +1 ^^

Advice pls :P

lil_mageskillz

duel rol it seems like ur support mage.

StoneColdAngel

Yeah support mage, but I also wanna ice the enemys for my party. Cuz once they are iced we just run over them ^^ I am pretty nice tank already, just worrying about the slowing part.

Banned

Either go dual ROL or ROl+shio+0 is up to you. You will lose 30 ac and like 75 hp but will gain some blading damage and ice rate which i think its excellent as you are a dcz character.
    Also being geared with a cs+6 really cuts down the importance of that extra ac and hp if you would like to sacrifice it for what i just mentioned above.
    Take into account small ac differences in dcz wont matter that much as damage is low already in that zone and you will be wearing a chitin shield when you actually wanna Tank people. My suggestion would be ROL+ shio+1 (+1 is actually worth it, i personally wouldnt go for it with a +0, but its up to you )

Ive heard many ppl say that shios only increase the damage, and not slow rate, But i once tested with a friend who had +2 and +1 shios, and he was able to slow me 4/9 times with his blade, while no other ardream mage was able to slow me with blade, more than 1/5 times.

So imo, yes it does increase your slow rate. HOwever, the tests i did witih my friend could have other factors that affected the slow rate that we dont know about.

I would go for at least one shio, maybe even dual, especially if you plan to use the cs a lot and blade with the helloween cane. But go for +1s at least.

WEll I willbe lvl 59 ardream mage with cs+6 and a lobo hamer+8 ^^ Also I will use a GE+7. I basically know all my gear already, just can't decide wether to go dual ROL or Rol + Shio+0 later +1 ^^

Advice pls :P[/b]

1st off... get a dread instead of a cs :P unless you use the CS on ur main char, cuz the most important weapon defence in ardream isnt included in the CS's weapon defences.

And seeing how you are goign to be a sheild mage, for SURE get a rol. If you are goign tank build, it means you are support > attack.... then why go for attack rings? you will loose 60 ac + a lotta hp if you use shios instead of rol's. DEFINATELY GET ROLS~!

and @ the shios slowing...... i tried with a friend and he does slow me quite a bit more than the average ice mage (he has +2's) but im not sure if its because of his staff's high elemental, or the shio rings, because he has +8 rebirthed elixir...... some ppl say its the elemental on the STAFF that does the slowing, not the rings.