Quake?

This is a discussion on Quake? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; How much damage does it do? How is it different compared to provoke? I need details. Cooldown time. Range. Dot? ...
Page: 1

How much damage does it do?
    How is it different compared to provoke? I need details. Cooldown time. Range. Dot? w/e ect...
    Would it be a good idea to go full berserk and join a mage clan to powerlevel?

Would it be a good idea to go full berserk and join a mage clan to powerlevel?[/b]
    L0L'ed

Having two provokes could get a lot of exp. If quake is quicker or bigger, one could do wonders with some experimenting and practice.

Having two provokes could get a lot of exp. If quake is quicker or bigger, one could do wonders with some experimenting and practice.[/b]
    Quake isnt a provoke, You use it after you provoke and from what ive heard it does good damage, Also you had to use a MP set or something to increase damage.

Manilas

I tried it, it's lame.

Here's what I observed.

Strength stat changes nothing. I tried naked and with my gear on. So, as far as I know, it's damage is fix.
    As for how much damage, on spoilers, I was doing 170'ish.
    Range, as small as the level 33 Mages area of effects.
    Also use the same targeting mode than provoke, so it's hard spamming it.
    As for cooldown, it could be spammable, kodb indicates a 5.1 second cooldown but as far as I remember when I was using it, it was at the same speed than the typical warrior attack skills.

I'm sure there's some hidden method to make it stronger (hp stat? mp stat? being higher lvl?), I can't believe Mgames created such a lame skill as we see it at the moment.

I tried it, it's lame.

Here's what I observed.

Strength stat changes nothing. I tried naked and with my gear on. So, as far as I know, it's damage is fix.
    As for how much damage, on spoilers, I was doing 170'ish.
    Range, as small as the level 33 Mages area of effects.
    Also use the same targeting mode than provoke, so it's hard spamming it.
    As for cooldown, it could be spammable, kodb indicates a 5.1 second cooldown but as far as I remember when I was using it, it was at the same speed than the typical warrior attack skills.

I'm sure there's some hidden method to make it stronger (hp stat? mp stat? being higher lvl?), I can't believe Mgames created such a lame skill as we see it at the moment.[/b]
    Im pretty sure its MP damage, i remember seeing a Warrior selling a FP +8 set MP damage. So i was assuming it was for Quake.

Manilas

Im pretty sure its MP damage, i remember seeing a Warrior selling a FP +8 set MP damage. So i was assuming it was for Quake.[/b]
    Or it could of been just a noob that added the wrong stat on the item. I saw in the past some Rogue Chitin with Intel on it thinking it would increase his mana XD

So he messed up a whole set? o.o

It happens. They are all blue, and don't forget that most of the players in this game are a.) incredibly stupid, and b.) don't speak English.

It happens. They are all blue, and don't forget that most of the players in this game are a.) incredibly stupid, and b.) don't speak English.[/b]
    Lol +1.. Though if you do try out Quake build.. Iunno buy like a +7 fp clean set and add MP yourself.. Would be nice to know if it does actually help.. Oh and i wasnt only going by seeing MP on a fp piece.. A friend of mine said something bout it for quake when i was laughing in vent about someone adding MP to warrior FP.

Or a read it in a book once h34r:

Yeah if I have some extra money I would like to try it. Who knows, maybe it's a great way to solo exp. Just provoke and spam it. Most other RPGs have skills for warriors like quake that are actually good.

Yun_Yuuzhan

That's an interesting question. In older times I'm aware of several people who tried it out, including myself, and found that it was worthless. It did 150-300 damage on mobs and less to players.

Festo tried it out once on a GM character (level 70 3k attack power 255 all stats) and reported that quake still hit like shit.

No chance hittin people for 1k with quake u would need liek 6k ap with 3k ap i hit ppl 300 with quake[/b]
    Well i had 255 in every stat so yes[/b]
    However, this was done pre-KE and pre-ROFD.

There's also some belief that the skill is/was spammable, but apparently if you don't wait long enough in between uses it doesn't do any damage. That was probably a bug that has since been fixed. KODB reports a cooldown of 5.1 seconds.

It is possible changes have been made to this skill since. Has anyone tested quake post-ROFD, or, even better, post-FF?

EXP Extraordinaire Senior Member HeavensReject's Avatar

if u wanna be passion warrior, just sack up and get 83. without a spammable skill that hits decently that u can combo with no1 will want u for pk/exp.