Need help for staff choice :P

This is a discussion on Need help for staff choice :P within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; 74 lvl mage with following gear : Dual Flame Rings +1 Elemental pendant +1 ( working on geting +2 atm) ...
Page: 1

RE5PECTmf

74 lvl mage with following gear :

Dual Flame Rings +1
    Elemental pendant +1 ( working on geting +2 atm)
    Ce+1
    2 x SSE+0 ( will be +1 soon )
    Iron belt
    Stated as 160 int / 200 mp / 51 str / rest to hp ... mixed completes and crimsons +8 ...

What u think would be better choice .. elixir +8/+5 reb .. maybe even higher if i can find (regular or exc ) or hell blood+7/+2-3rb ( dont have money for +8 yet ) ...
    I would like advice from peoples who used similar builds , not the ones who used crystal or so with hell blood ...
    Last time i was int i was 64 lvl and was using ge+7 as a support mage , so i dont have much experience for this build .
    Any advice would be helpfull . From my point of view , blading dmg should be around same , but elxir would do more dmg with regular / aoe skills . Correct me if im wrong .

Banned

Hellblood even at +7 is better than elixir +8 imo, you could use that extra mana aswell + it has more ap, and if u might get +2/+3 rb even better.

For sure hellblood.

If you chose fire build, it means taht you probably want to do good damage.

Hellblood requires much much less stats into INT, meaning you are abel to put more into either HP, or Magic power (for more damage) Also, at 7 it already has better AP than elixir, meaning your blade damage will be better ^^, and at +3 rebirth, its way better than elixir.

Only bad thing, is that its harder to buy/sell, and if ya ever want to go lightning/glacier mage, ya cant use one of those elemental scrolls from charon :P

RE5PECTmf

Only bad thing, is that its harder to buy/sell, and if ya ever want to go lightning/glacier mage, ya cant use one of those elemental scrolls from charon :P[/b]
    That doesn't matter to me , im concentrating on building mage that is able to tank and also to deal good dmg ... for changing elemental i dont care much , cause in case of changing build , i would need to change rings also .. True it might be a bit harder to find , but im sure i will get +7 easy . Good for start .

That doesn't matter to me , im concentrating on building mage that is able to tank and also to deal good dmg ... for changing elemental i dont care much , cause in case of changing build , i would need to change rings also .. True it might be a bit harder to find , but im sure i will get +7 easy . Good for start .[/b]
    hmm then, if you want to tank better, i suggest you maybe put 40 points into STR (yeah i know its a lot) so that you can wear a dread sheild +7. its quite a lot of points.... but the 365 AC + weapon defences on a dread sheild will dramatically increase your tanking abilities~! and once you TP your party members, ya can pop your staff back on to do some damage~!

RE5PECTmf

hmm then, if you want to tank better, i suggest you maybe put 40 points into STR (yeah i know its a lot) so that you can wear a dread sheild +7. its quite a lot of points.... but the 365 AC + weapon defences on a dread sheild will dramatically increase your tanking abilities~! and once you TP your party members, ya can pop your staff back on to do some damage~![/b]
    :P Too much points to waste and remain flame .. if i wanted that i would be ice with rols and ge long time ago ^^
    By "tanking" i meant ability to take more hits than lets say half paper .. .but still deal good dmg ;P
    Tnx for advice tho, it might work in 80... for 74 its really a waste of points .

swimmy

Cool

lol try m1rzaa for a +9 elixer ^^ he knows magic!
    might have 2 learn turkish tho xp

:P Too much points to waste and remain flame .. if i wanted that i would be ice with rols and ge long time ago ^^
    By "tanking" i meant ability to take more hits than lets say half paper .. .but still deal good dmg ;P
    Tnx for advice tho, it might work in 80... for 74 its really a waste of points .[/b]

well then.. get defence pathos gloves to tank a bit better?

its really hard to be able to tank good without having a sheild :/

Then add 1 stat to STR, so you can use a +0 scorp sheild... which you can use in emergencies or runnin away situations.

But ya really do needa get an iron necklace if ya wanna tnak good... its too good to ignore.

Saunis

I have Ice tanking mage.
    It really rocks, you 1 priest near you can keep you alive really long time. Eaven you are under heavy attack.

Currently using:
    Complete set +8
    Iron nec
    Glass belt
    SSE +1
    CE +1 (I wanna have +3 :P )
    Dual RoL +2
    Shiotear +2

And I have Dread shield +7 & lycaon hammer +6
    Exceptional elixir +8
    Oasis +7... (i really need +8, so I wont need to change staff all time )

And ofcourse, if you try to be tanking mage, you need weapon defence armors..
    Only usin my spear def armors, JhonnieWalker (80lvl warrior) hits me 800-900 (and that was whitout shield... ds+7 would give me +20spear def)
    Whit 72lvl blade skill I hit 400-500