Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick support mage question

This is a discussion on Quick support mage question within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Wondering what you all think is better for support mage...ice/light or light/ice? I have a 65 mage that i am ...
Page: 1

Ickamore

Wondering what you all think is better for support mage...ice/light or light/ice? I have a 65 mage that i am redoing. Thinking of goin 160int with enough mp for armor and rest into hp?? What do you think?

Thanks!!!

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Wondering what you all think is better for support mage...ice/light or light/ice? I have a 65 mage that i am redoing. Thinking of goin 160int with enough mp for armor and rest into hp?? What do you think?

Thanks!!![/b]
    never go light/ice as a support mage...

never go light/ice as a support mage...[/b]
    and why not?

I'd say light pwns ice even as a support, u just need lvl80...

and why not?

I'd say light pwns ice even as a support, u just need lvl80...[/b]
    stop replying already. Ice disadvantages your opponent for 15 -20 sec. Light for 2-3 secs when you are lucky. Ice has frozen distance (aka ice cube), light has blink -> np for rogues they'll catch you eventually, just 3-4 secs later.
    I am not saying that light sucks for support, I only say that ice is better than light for support.

Really those who say that an 80 light mage is better than a 80 ice mage for support is stupid (like 90% of your posts).

and why not?

I'd say light pwns ice even as a support, u just need lvl80...[/b]
    Um you try that... I'd rather have people slowed for a few seconds when pking with my party, then have them stunned for 1 sec.

never go light/ice as a support mage...[/b]
    bullshit..im light/ice support and im pretty much the best tank mage in diez orc side -.-
    and you know why exactly i like more light? well, support mage is all about staying far from attacks and running and tping, yes slowing is also a good advantage, but lets face it, its most important to stay safe and tp party, when you are being chased as an ice mage with lvl 80 skill you can stop max 2 people from attacking you...with blink you can run away from all enemis you can

stop replying already. Ice disadvantages your opponent for 15 -20 sec. Light for 2-3 secs when you are lucky. Ice has frozen distance (aka ice cube), light has blink -> np for rogues they'll catch you eventually, just 3-4 secs later.

Really those who say that an 80 light mage is better than a 80 ice mage for support is stupid (like 90% of your posts).[/b]
    frozen distance lasts for 10seconds and it fails a lot... and blink is a problem, mage can easily run away and tp party... and if a single sin can kill u, well than u suck :] if there is more, u won't stay alive as a ice

Um you try that... I'd rather have people slowed for a few seconds when pking with my party, then have them stunned for 1 sec.[/b]
    who said light can't slow? and as far as I've noticed, lightning aoes stuns a lot (atleast @ pathos)

u understimate blink... best skill ever :wub:

freezing distance is a preety cool skill, but it has to work first... (im getting like 10% of them?)

bullshit..im light/ice support and im pretty much the best tank mage in diez orc side -.-
    and you know why exactly i like more light? well, support mage is all about staying far from attacks and running and tping, yes slowing is also a good advantage, but lets face it, its most important to stay safe and tp party, when you are being chased as an ice mage with lvl 80 skill you can stop max 2 people from attacking you...with blink you can run away from all enemis you can [/b]
    +1...

and you know why exactly i like more light? well, support mage is all about staying far from attacks and running and tping, yes slowing is also a good advantage, but lets face it, its most important to stay safe and tp party, when you are being chased as an ice mage with lvl 80 skill you can stop max 2 people from attacking you...with blink you can run away from all enemis you can [/b]
    first of all as a support mage u shouldn't be even getting into big group fights... as u said, u should be staying at the back and tping the low hp ones, meaning if you are already doing this, u don't need to blink out of anywhere... and don't say what if people chase me, well duh that's why there is a party, u get heals to stay alive and get a rouge to drive some of them off.

frozen distance lasts for 10seconds and it fails a lot... and blink is a problem, mage can easily run away and tp party... and if a single sin can kill u, well than u suck :] if there is more, u won't stay alive as a ice
    who said light can't slow? and as far as I've noticed, lightning aoes stuns a lot (atleast @ pathos)

freezing distance is a preety cool skill, but it has to work first... (im getting like 10% of them?)
    +1...[/b]
    if you know on who to use freezing distance on and when, then it won't be 10%... it works alot if u know how to use it

overall: ice/light > light/ice as support mage... i talk from my experience at least

As archer, I rather have an ice mage in my party than light.

An ice mage will slow always rogues (chances are way to high that they dodge it with 3 aoe's falling), which makes it for me easier to get their asses. And that's the opinion of an archer (ranged class). So I guess warriors will agree with me as well.

+1...[/b]

Ice meteor lasts 10-17 secs , depends. Ice cube lasts 10 sec you are right. Stun lasts 2 secs? So you say that Stunning 1/2 persons out of 8 is better than disabling 1-2 persons for 10 sec and slowing down 3 or 4 more for +-10secs??

And about a single sin killing me, I'd like to see you vs someone like giorgio (palaviahrs) , you wouldn't last longer than 3 secs. With a perfect combo without any hesitations I failed to drop his hp. + With only 1 shard he would spike me for 1.6K with 45 dd on and 1K+ac. Imo you are underestimating the skill/weapons of diez. Diez is nowhere near c-west, my dear. And for an ice mage not being able to tank more than 1 sin? Then you suck imo. As an Ice mage you should have 6-7k hp or higher and somewhere near 1.2K ac (no shield). If you use dd not even 4 sins will take you down. (depends on their items and skill ofc)

Blink is only useful when you have to run or get out fast. And you said in another topic that YOU NEVER RUN ... so why would you get blink if you don't wonna run but tank the priest instead? hmm???

Ice meteor lasts 10-17 secs , depends. Ice cube lasts 10 sec you are right. Stun lasts 2 secs? So you say that Stunning 1/2 persons out of 8 is better than disabling 1-2 persons for 10 sec and slowing down 3 or 4 more for +-10secs??

thaha

Blink is only useful when you have to run or get out fast. And you said in another topic that YOU NEVER RUN ... so why would you get blink if you don't wonna run but tank the priest instead? hmm???[/b]
    eh... seriously, u r retard :unsure: :unsure: in the other topic I said, that im trying NOT to get hit by orcs and IF I do, then I start attacking priest... you can stun priest and blink away if ur hp is going down to fast...

as an ice, u've got 10seconds to kill the whole party (counting that there is only 2 priests in party and freez worked on both on them)... if a mage runs away, then u r screwed... especially if it's light mage and there is a thinking rogue in a party who can cure him...

wtf is ice meteor??? u mean ice storm? HAHA xD don't u know what is cure for?
    I said, the skill has to work, which is NOT that easy, cuz I get it like 10% of time it's casted on me (both on a mage and a priest)... and if ur priests need 10seconds to cure ... well, that's ur problem :lol: :lol:
    the thing is u can NOT cure stun

eh... seriously, u r retard :unsure: :unsure: in the other topic I said, that im trying NOT to get hit by orcs and IF I do, then I start attacking priest... you can stun priest and blink away if ur hp is going down to fast...

as an ice, u've got 10seconds to kill the whole party (counting that there is only 2 priests in party and freez worked on both on them)... if a mage runs away, then u r screwed... especially if it's light mage and there is a thinking rogue in a party who can cure him...

I said, the skill has to work, which is NOT that easy, cuz I get it like 10% of time it's casted on me (both on a mage and a priest)... and if ur priests need 10seconds to cure ... well, that's ur problem :lol: :lol:
    the thing is u can NOT cure stun[/b]
    lvl 60 = nova , lvl 70 skill = meteor , who cares about the correct name. You understand what I want to say don't you?

w/e man your clueless. You only pk in your imagination imo. Everything you say, if , if , if. If I win the lotto I would be rich too.

The skill has to work, I say -> Stun has to work, try to stun a priest with light talia, dual legionaire band +2 , lycoan hammer and goblin pads. Gogo . Cure takes time aswell = cure = no heal. And for cure being so easy, when you pk vs 3 duffers , and you have 2-3 duffers aswell (no party cure), the priest won't cure you just cause your slowed. He will only cure and heal those who are duffed. When you pk vs 3 duffers and you have no partybuffer you won't have time to cure every single person when hes slowed. Ofc the mage should be cured first, everyone knows. But only 5% off the priests actually does it, not to talk about the random party's who are even worse.

Made my point, if you have an other opinion about it, so be it. But most people will agree with me that both can play support but an ice hp mage is the better choice as support.

the thing is u can NOT cure stun[/b]
    um 10 seconds is enough to kill a full party if your party knows what they are actually doing

as for the cure, you drop blizzard, slows 2-4/8, the priest uses party cure (assuming there is a party curer)... u drop an ice nova, and lets assume there is 1 more party curer in the party, and he cures... and u drop the 3rd one, u ice about half the people, and this time there is CD on both the party cures, and in that little amount of time, there is enough time to kill off a specific target

As for lighting, priests don't get stunned espcially since most of the int priests are using ROLs which have LR, and they use weapons with resistances... so meaning in that time that you stun EVEN lets say the whole party, they still won't die since the priest is still moving and can easily heal/cure him

This topic is on prefreance... in my past experience, since I've played both, ice>light in support any time

lvl 60 = nova , lvl 70 skill = meteor , who cares about the correct name.[/b]
    I meant curing not the name :unsure: :unsure:

w/e man your clueless. You only pk in your imagination imo. Everything you say, if , if , if. If I win the lotto I would be rich too.[/b]
    If u had a brain, u would think a little... IM SAYING WHAT IM DOING WHEN IM IN A SITUATION LIKE MENTIONED ABOVE.... and ofc.. im cluless and Im pking in my imagination... I have a lvl 90 warrior mage which can cure himself, can run like using speed hack and I rape every1 with my Gold Pwnage Sexy Iron Breaker +69 rebirth...

The skill has to work, I say -> Stun has to work, try to stun a priest with light talia, dual legionaire band +2 , lycoan hammer and goblin pads. Gogo . Cure takes time aswell = cure = no heal.[/b]
    and try to slow a priest with items like this (ofc with ice talia) gogo... and yes... it's way better not to cure self/others, run around slowed and spam heals :lol: :lol:

Made my point, if you have an other opinion about it, so be it.[/b]
    finally a wise words u said... that's your opinion...

I meant curing not the name :unsure: :unsure:
    If u had a brain, u would think a little... IM SAYING WHAT IM DOING WHEN IM IN A SITUATION LIKE MENTIONED ABOVE.... and ofc.. im cluless and Im pking in my imagination... I have a lvl 90 warrior mage which can cure himself, can run like using speed hack and I rape every1 with my Gold Pwnage Sexy Iron Breaker +69 rebirth...
    and try to slow a priest with items like this (ofc with ice talia) gogo... and yes... it's way better not to cure self/others, run around slowed and spam heals :lol: :lol:
    finally a wise words u said... that's your opinion...[/b]

I ment curing, not the name? You said HAHAHA ICE METOER WTF IS THAT, i just meant the lvl 70 skill. Who cares if i say ice storm or ice meteor. Like you are so prefect.
    I respect people who have an other opinion. However i dislike people who only tend to listen to themselves and have no ears for other/better suggestions and think that only their way is the way to go...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast