Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick support mage question

This is a discussion on Quick support mage question within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; hes goin 69, not goin 70+ u probably go bdw, i would go ice, since theres no cure in bdw ...
Page: 3

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

hes goin 69, not goin 70+
    u probably go bdw, i would go ice, since theres no cure in bdw

i prefer ice, but my opinion doesn't matter cuz im a noob haha[/b]
    no u actually state more logic then any of them did... i already said my opinion on the level 65 mage to go ice/light, but no one pays attention... yet continue on to discuss level 80 mages

Willows

no u actually state more logic then any of them did... i already said my opinion on the level 65 mage to go ice/light, but no one pays attention... yet continue on to discuss level 80 mages[/b]
    Because that's what the discussion turned in to...?

The question has been answered, the discussion continues albeit on a slightly different topic than the original question. You'll get over it, I'm sure, but feel free to call everyone talking about level 80 mages an idiot on your way out...

And magyk, only thing I've heard you say so far is that every light mage ever (except you) is an idiot.

...care to explain WHY?

@ cizia

I'm saying light is either actively cancelling the priests OR running away and tping people out etc, whereas ice can easily do both because they don't have to be that close to do their job, and slow works at a very high %. If you seriously think your light novas are consistently gonna stun even one party member, let alone specifically the priest, you're lying to yourself.

Blind is easily averted by melees and priests alike, as you can manually click where the person was to target them when blinded, and party heals still work fine when blind. It IS effective but far from shuts the party down.

Ice cube has a HIGH freeze rate that I'm told works based on how much HP someone has. I've got 5k hp and get frozen about 50% of the time I get hit by one of 'em. Catholicon, the priest, has about 10k hp and gets frozen 80% of the time, at the very least. When a fellow ice mage casts both his ice cubes, I've never seen it that neither hit freeze someone. Don't tell me it doesn't work often, I've seen it in action bajillions of times and KNOW that it does.

I am light, I am MP 246 build in shells (160 int), I have an elysium +8 and use imir +2 / +0 atm and I KNOW STUN IS NOT AN EFFECTIVE MEANS OF SHUTTING DOWN THEIR PARTY. On well geared level 80 priests I'm lucky to stun once in 15 blades. You cancel the hell out of their healing, sure, but like I said if you're in the party stunning the priest you're clearly not running/blinking away and doing "what you're supposed to be" as a support character.

Light does mess stuff up, I know that very well, but imo ice is better for support if you're truly support and not looking to get your name on the kill board, just keep your party alive.

Because that's what the discussion turned in to...?

The question has been answered, the discussion continues albeit on a slightly different topic than the original question. You'll get over it, I'm sure, but feel free to call everyone talking about level 80 mages an idiot on your way out...

And magyk, only thing I've heard you say so far is that every light mage ever (except you) is an idiot.

...care to explain WHY?
    @ cizia

I'm saying light is either actively cancelling the priests OR running away and tping people out etc, whereas ice can easily do both because they don't have to be that close to do their job, and slow works at a very high %. If you seriously think your light novas are consistently gonna stun even one party member, let alone specifically the priest, you're lying to yourself.

Blind is easily averted by melees and priests alike, as you can manually click where the person was to target them when blinded, and party heals still work fine when blind. It IS effective but far from shuts the party down.

Ice cube has a HIGH freeze rate that I'm told works based on how much HP someone has. I've got 5k hp and get frozen about 50% of the time I get hit by one of 'em. Catholicon, the priest, has about 10k hp and gets frozen 80% of the time, at the very least. When a fellow ice mage casts both his ice cubes, I've never seen it that neither hit freeze someone. Don't tell me it doesn't work often, I've seen it in action bajillions of times and KNOW that it does.

I am light, I am MP 246 build in shells (160 int), I have an elysium +8 and use imir +2 / +0 atm and I KNOW STUN IS NOT AN EFFECTIVE MEANS OF SHUTTING DOWN THEIR PARTY. On well geared level 80 priests I'm lucky to stun once in 15 blades. You cancel the hell out of their healing, sure, but like I said if you're in the party stunning the priest you're clearly not running/blinking away and doing "what you're supposed to be" as a support character.

Light does mess stuff up, I know that very well, but imo ice is better for support if you're truly support and not looking to get your name on the kill board, just keep your party alive.[/b]
    I didn't call everyone lol, if I did, srry ... only a few specific ones.

But who cares man, let them think that light is better at level 80... i guess it's their preference

20 master skill (resistance something, i forgot the name) + 3 ice aoes = rapeage... along with FD

aPon

Depends on servers I guess but as for Ares with so many people with rapage gear... if u want to be anything other than lighting on Orc side you gotta have a CS. Support mage without CS and blink = dead.

the Ares people can vouche for me

(edit: didnt see level)
    As for ur lvl (65?) I guess ice would be better since no ligthing staff or blink >_>

Depends on servers I guess but as for Ares with so many people with rapage gear... if u want to be anything other than lighting on Orc side you gotta have a CS. Support mage without CS and blink = dead.

the Ares people can vouche for me

(edit: didnt see level)
    As for ur lvl (65?) I guess ice would be better since no ligthing staff or blink >_>[/b]
    +1....as for topic yes ice is better under lvl 80 but for 80+ light owns and any good support mage can say same, blink is much more useful than 80 ice. Just think abuot it disable 2(IF the skill doesnt fail and if you got instant magic ready) or run from a thousand and tp to save your party?

+1....as for topic yes ice is better under lvl 80 but for 80+ light owns and any good support mage can say same, blink is much more useful than 80 ice. Just think abuot it disable 2(IF the skill doesnt fail and if you got instant magic ready) or run from a thousand and tp to save your party? [/b]
    Um actually I always find those the best kills ever... I always love mages that blink out, then they tp a low hp member, and from my party a rouge goes spikes him and BB to him since he is out of the priest's range...so u actually do us a favor

BUT if you were ice, u would be only tping within the priest's range heal... and trust me, I know what pisses people off the most... they get pissed off the most when a person is about to die, and they get tped just a few steps away and get full healed

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

All Hail Magyk and his infinite lightning mage knowlege !!! h34r:[/b]
    Fuk yeah! <_<

I don&#39;t know where you live, but it ain&#39;t even close to saturday night here. But anyways, I&#39;m 19, a bit over the stage of kiddo... so I mean ok if you are like 25, then I understand you have to right to call me one, since you&#39;re older.

As for your 2nd paragraph, once again didn&#39;t quite understand... but from vaguely reading it, from what I can tell is you never did play on a level 80 mage did you... so my question is, if you haven&#39;t why are you even responding to discussions about level 80 mages.

And trust me I&#39;m not misinformed, I know which mages from ko4life are good, and which I&#39;ve heard alot about, take example of like simon and pipo, I&#39;ve heard alot about them... but never have I heard about you[/b]

Ghhh, a year ago there used to be epic mage wars here. Now the forum is pretty much dead. So since ur too wuss anyways, im better off just explaining things in a calm way.

But its funny how u try to cover ur stupidity with avalanche of mumbo-jumbo.

Anyways, GMT+0 aint in north america. I dont like ppl who are keen to selfownage.

So, my point was (and its pretty clear) i was playing on lvl 80 mage before usko even had iceage. MEANING, i didnt play on it in usko, it was in japko. One of my old myko beta friend was /God there so she asked if i wanna play a little from time to time. And i did.

U dont know anything about ko4life and good mages. So better dont go there. Sry

And the names i gave few posts ago, none of those were my usko char names.

ABOUT THE TOPIC NAU.

I just cant belive how many times i need to say this. Its not my fault if ur too stupid to know how to play with light mage. U dont know shit about stun, u dont know shit about CC, u dont know shit about good pk party it seems. Ice mages are good, they can rip the enemy party apart, only dif is that light mage can do it better if played right.

Also, i hardly ever used blink to shoot out and start tping party. I used it on just a pure CC.

@willows

If u have hard time doing ur job then lemme give u a hint. Mp build light mage is a joke.

I&#39;m saying light is either actively cancelling the priests OR running away and tping people out etc, whereas ice can easily do both because they don&#39;t have to be that close to do their job, and slow works at a very high %. If you seriously think your light novas are consistently gonna stun even one party member, let alone specifically the priest, you&#39;re lying to yourself.[/b]
    as a support u can slide priest and blink away if u r being attacked... u have to know how to use your blink and u can be good support who messes opponent&#39;s party... and yes light nova does stun... I know the % of stun is way lower than slow...

Blind is easily averted by melees and priests alike, as you can manually click where the person was to target them when blinded, and party heals still work fine when blind. It IS effective but far from shuts the party down.[/b]
    it&#39;s not that easy to click on it... and ofc heals works, but attacking is very hard

Ice cube has a HIGH freeze rate that I&#39;m told works based on how much HP someone has. I&#39;ve got 5k hp and get frozen about 50% of the time I get hit by one of &#39;em. Catholicon, the priest, has about 10k hp and gets frozen 80% of the time, at the very least. When a fellow ice mage casts both his ice cubes, I&#39;ve never seen it that neither hit freeze someone. Don&#39;t tell me it doesn&#39;t work often, I&#39;ve seen it in action bajillions of times and KNOW that it does.[/b]
    as I said, im getting it like once per 10 with 6k hp...

I am light, I am MP 246 build in shells (160 int), I have an elysium +8 and use imir +2 / +0 atm and I KNOW STUN IS NOT AN EFFECTIVE MEANS OF SHUTTING DOWN THEIR PARTY. On well geared level 80 priests I&#39;m lucky to stun once in 15 blades. You cancel the hell out of their healing, sure, but like I said if you&#39;re in the party stunning the priest you&#39;re clearly not running/blinking away and doing "what you&#39;re supposed to be" as a support character.[/b]
    doesn&#39;t canceling heal help?

Light does mess stuff up, I know that very well, but imo ice is better for support if you&#39;re truly support and not looking to get your name on the kill board, just keep your party alive.[/b]
    being support doesn&#39;t mean u can&#39;t kill... unless u r wearing a shield, which makes u a tp machine, not a mage... <_<

Um actually I always find those the best kills ever... I always love mages that blink out, then they tp a low hp member, and from my party a rouge goes spikes him and BB to him since he is out of the priest&#39;s range...so u actually do us a favor[/b]
    ... n/c on a mage like this... when u blink away twice and sin can hit the person u&#39;ve just tped u&#39;ve got damn slow tp... I can easily tp 2-3ppl when I blink away b4 any sin gets closer...

as a support u can slide priest and blink away if u r being attacked... u have to know how to use your blink and u can be good support who messes opponent&#39;s party...[/b]
    Mages who blink away from me when their hp get&#39;s low are screwed, igzination has huge damage and huge range, archers or sins will kill him too.

and yes light nova does stun... I know the % of stun is way lower than slow...[/b]
    agreed, but ice aoe&#39;s will slow more than 1 person. Light aoe stun&#39;s 1-2 persons when you&#39;re lucky. And you cannot blade all 8 off them at the same time, to stun all of them.

it&#39;s not that easy to click on it... and ofc heals works, but attacking is very hard[/b]
    Idd , if your opponent knows what he&#39;s doing , it&#39;s very hard to attack him. If hes a wonnabe mage and stays at the same place where he casted the blind spell he will be dead within 2 secs.

as I said, im getting it like once per 10 with 6k hp...
    doesn&#39;t canceling heal help?[/b]
    When I played on a human ice mage (lvl 79) It worked like 8/10 times. But then again, the average hp in diez is way higher than c-west.

being support doesn&#39;t mean u can&#39;t kill... unless u r wearing a shield, which makes u a tp machine, not a mage... <_<[/b]
    A support mage is meant to be tping and supporting his party, not killing.

... n/c on a mage like this... when u blink away twice and sin can hit the person u&#39;ve just tped u&#39;ve got damn slow tp... I can easily tp 2-3ppl when I blink away b4 any sin gets closer...[/b]
    you can only use blink 2x every 3 minutes (as the insantly magic skill has 3 minute cooldown). So most of the time you will only blink once, which allows sins, archers and mages to still hit you. And You can run, but as soon as you stop they will gang you. Mages are first victim in every party.

Both light and ice got their advantages and disadvantages, a lot depends on how you play your char and own preferences.

Fuk yeah! <_<
    Ghhh, a year ago there used to be epic mage wars here. Now the forum is pretty much dead. So since ur too wuss anyways, im better off just explaining things in a calm way.

But its funny how u try to cover ur stupidity with avalanche of mumbo-jumbo.

Anyways, GMT+0 aint in north america. I dont like ppl who are keen to selfownage.

So, my point was (and its pretty clear) i was playing on lvl 80 mage before usko even had iceage. MEANING, i didnt play on it in usko, it was in japko. One of my old myko beta friend was /God there so she asked if i wanna play a little from time to time. And i did.
    U dont know anything about ko4life and good mages. So better dont go there. Sry
    And the names i gave few posts ago, none of those were my usko char names.
    ABOUT THE TOPIC NAU.
    I just cant belive how many times i need to say this. Its not my fault if ur too stupid to know how to play with light mage. U dont know shit about stun, u dont know shit about CC, u dont know shit about good pk party it seems. Ice mages are good, they can rip the enemy party apart, only dif is that light mage can do it better if played right.

Also, i hardly ever used blink to shoot out and start tping party. I used it on just a pure CC.

@willows

If u have hard time doing ur job then lemme give u a hint. Mp build light mage is a joke.[/b]
    lol u must be the biggest retarded ever. Let&#39;s talk about your time zone... did I ever know that you are GMT 0, to selfown myself somehow? el oh el

as for you being on jpko on lvl 80 mage... ok sure, then why not just stay on it and have fun instead of coming here to start of the same process when starting a new char

I don&#39;t know about you, but talking about intelligence, I can tell you I&#39;m 100% smarter in real life, as you are in the army (says enough about ur future choices in life) and I&#39;m on my way on becoming a doctor... if you want I can mention all my accomplishments, but they you guys would say I gloat too much... and as for KO, I have played for the past 5 years, in the meantime I have tried out every single build possible for mage, and I think I know what I&#39;m talking about

As for your light mp mage comment... what a joke. Recently I have played on a light mage mp build, ChocolateChip (75) on Carnac West... and let me tell you, if I was able to beat the highest level mage (82 fire) with the best gear on the server... while he used Fire Armor, Ignization, 2x Vamparic Fire... and while I only had light staff with light armor (not even insant magic)... then that tells you something what a light mp build mage can do.

... n/c on a mage like this... when u blink away twice and sin can hit the person u&#39;ve just tped u&#39;ve got damn slow tp... I can easily tp 2-3ppl when I blink away b4 any sin gets closer...[/b]
    Um actually when u tp away twice that&#39;s even worse then tping away once.... since in that meantime that you start tping the whole party of 8, I assure u at least 2 people will die from your party in ur tping process (that&#39;s assuming the opposing party knows what they are doing, and actually aim the same targets and not each one differently)

As simon said, instant magic has a CD of 3 min, meaning that you would usually be using 1 blink most the time...

You wrote like 6-7 lines about your life. What makes you think, that anyone gives a flying fuck about your real life?

and:

the biggest retarded ever

ftl.

both have adv and disadv.

light mage can own intel preists. Get away from opponents quickly to regroup. but theyre stun is limited as alot of players wont get stunned

ice has a high sloow rate which is great for killing runned and also for nova&#39;ing partys. idk much about the 80ice but it seems to be good if it works. Anyway ice cant really kill someone like a light mage can. and effects can be reversed easily (cure)

i think both are great and it depends on the situation which is better. EG in ardream ice is better ( so many runners)

thibaultcam

On topic, I playd on a 69 mage for some time in akara(80k nps total in rlb) and from my experience best way to setup skills is 60light/60ice.. Becuz of this setup ull be able to slow and stun as much as needed. As concerned for the staff take chaotic+7 or better(dd+hp helps alot for support), slow rate will still be hella decent for rlb and u can cancel priests heal alot if u get a chance(which happens dang often.. lota noobs running arround in rlb zone who dunno who to target/protect). If u want be more of a tank get a DS+6 or more for if its running time=), its just my opinion and experience so no flame pls but for me this works best for rlb..

peace out

aPon

lighting > ice on ARES for (no question about it)
    Other servers: DONT CARE :P

Isnt he asking for 65 lvl anyway? (prob max at 69?) so why you guys still debaiting on 80+?

simple, ice for RLB/Ardream

pthawaii

I&#39;ll confess, I couldn&#39;t get through even half of this thread. But for what it&#39;s worth, I&#39;ve played both ice/light and light/ice (total 3 years), and I&#39;d say at 65, go hp ice/light. Both are good, but that would be my choice for pk.

Plus, you&#39;d be able to get an xp party when pk is dead (at 65, ya gotta level up). 160INT, min MP, rest HP.

Good luck.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast