Rare Archer Build

This is a discussion on Rare Archer Build within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; If I get myself a Lv80 Rogue, I am thinking about this skill setup. I would like to hear all ...
Page: 1

If I get myself a Lv80 Rogue, I am thinking about this skill setup. I would like to hear all of your opinions about this build in general.

This is the Lv79-80 Stealth Archer Build, the playstyle is quite obvious and it has some advantages and disadvantages.

Skills:
    70 or 72 Archery
    45 Assassin
    25 Explore
    0 or 2 Mastery

Banned Senior Member

"Skills:
    70 Archery
    45 Assassin
    25 Explore
    2 Mastery"

this 1 will be the best imo

Hey metalkon,
    You absolutely dont need the lvl 72 archer skill more than you need magic shield. That is my opinion about those 2 options. Archers do get hit by mages when they think they are in a safe location far from the melees. Getting away from nova shows can only be done with ms.

My opinion about the total skill setup is: You dont need stealth that badly as an archer, because you dont have to sneak up to your enemy like sins do for close encounters. Ofcourse it comes in handy when you can start using arrow shower right away. But that puts you in a tricky situation aswell. Also if there is backup coming from the opponent side you are way too close. For this setup you give up the lvl 80 archer skill. And that skill is the MUST HAVE for every archer that wants to get massive amount of kills. It is like giving up critical point for sins, but archers need it even more. I am not really sober atm, so I will take a look here again in a few hours.

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

gogogo town arrowshower XD

gogogo town arrowshower XD[/b]
    Thats one of the fun advantages. :P

Or 55 Archery with 80 Assassin for CP Arrow Shower!

Haha that would be sweat though :lol:

sounds stupid to give up masters, cure and magic shield for stealth, which you dont even need as archer, this is like being a bp without masters or a lvl80 warrior using howling sword

Haha that would be sweat though :lol:[/b]
    I was having fun Town Showering on my Lv61 but it was pretty lame only having 57 Archery, 45 Assassin and nothing in Explore/Mastery. :P

I wonder what an Arrow shower hits with CP

StoneColdAngel

I doubt those skill setups would be nice. I mean you don't really need stealth as an archer and especially not if you secrafice more useful skills.

72 skill is completely worthless.

This would be fun to mess around with but I have to agree with the fact that you will be doomed w/o Magic Shield and Cure in any serious pk situations. Even if you are able to sneak up on anyone, you still can't minor and if he has any sort of def/ac your not going to take him out that quickly any way (also chances are he isn't going to stand in one spot and take all 5 arrows). Without Lupines, you can't see sins sneaking up on you and that isn't good for you or your pty (unless there are sins in ur pty) either.

A full well rounded archer has to be able to cure, lupine, minor, sw, wolf, as well as his attks (Ice, Light, Styx, Blind, etc) and for the most part really needs to have the highest powered shot for max dmg when it counts. People may say you ks but just remember not only are you doing dmg, you are slowing down the targets, canceling mage and priest skills constantly, blinding thus confusing or taking attkers out for a bit, wiping mana, and that last ks (because of the dmg) may take out the priest or mage killing the entire party.

The build above would just be purely for fun. I would luv to have scaled skin and stealth on top of everything else, that would be sick.

Its mainly a for-fun build, only considered The lv72 skill for fun but I don't really know how much that MS adds to resistance since I honestly only played dcz rogues and a lv61 rogue and there are Legionnaire Bands.

:P

The build has these skills:
    Minor Heal
    Cat's Eye (Good for solo tbh)
    Light Feet
    Magic Shield

Rad archer and me gave our thoughts.
    If you're still going to try it. Please post the results

MS adds 120 resis. to EVERYTHING.. so if you had 50 flame resis already.. you would have 170 with MS on :P personally i find it VERY usefull

MS tip: you can use that PUS scroll that doubless the time it lasts