Reverse & Paras

This is a discussion on Reverse & Paras within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Before I passed out last night I was thinking about Reverse Life and Parasite.... idk why, but it struck in ...
Page: 1

Default Reverse & Paras

Before I passed out last night I was thinking about Reverse Life and Parasite.... idk why, but it struck in my head that I really dont even know what exactly they do.

It seems no one ever uses reverse life. Is this because Paras takes away the HP buff AND 20% of base HP? or does it take away only 20% of the hp. 20% of 3000 hp is only 600. Doesnt seem right in my head.... would seem logical to use Reverse Life if Paras only took 20% of the buffed HP.

Demika

reverse deletes all buffs
    parasite only deleted hp buff and decreases ur hp by 20%

Anal Rapist Senior Member

Reverse won't work with scrolls. Thats why we mainly use parasite...

Reverse works on scrolls. It only lasts for 5? or so seconds though, so when it runs out they get all their health back.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintKnight View Post
    Reverse won't work with scrolls. Thats why we mainly use parasite...
    All above is correct! Parasite rocks just about anyone. But reverse life can have a very good tactical advantage also because it only lasts 5 seconds, when the opponent isn't using scrolls throw in reverse life and because it only lasts like 5 seconds the buffer many times doesn't remember or won't see the duff on the character.
    The funniest thing is when noobs use parasite on you then immediately use reverse life... all the reverse life does is cure you of parasite

Reverse life is more like 2 seconds, quickly flashes on, deletes buffs and flashes off

With lagg, low fps and an average preist they wouldnt even be able to cure the reverse

Obv doesnt delete scrolls, parasite stays on a player till it is cured deleting buffs and taking 20% of hp.

Thats why u dont see reverse life much

P.S it also deletes debuffs

Haters gonna hate Senior Member MushtMan's Avatar

Does Reverse life delete ALL their buffs? cus thats what i see you guys are saying, it means it deletes HP and AC?

no it deletes only hp , and idk bout most priests but i use revere life a lot, because even tho it does only last 5 seconds, they have to rebuff after it goes off so it is useful for those who play on buffs. BUt some priests are lazy and just wait till para comes back lol

Banned

I rarely use reverse life..
    I just got no time for it
    When I torment/para/malice there is always someone to be healed/cured.
    And after that I can use torment/para/malice again, but it's a usefull skill if you pk against buffed players!

exactly, if you're an experienced player, you'll find time for reverse life. i use almost every single debuff there is including confusion and slow. there is not 1 second that i'm thining what skill to use bc the timing on the skills to cooldown is kind of automated in my head :S hehe i guess too much PKing. it's also usefull to use this debuffs (when all the good ones are on cooldown) because the enemy buffer doesn't know which debuff you threw on their party members. so instead of making him heal or buff you're maing him waste time in casting a "useless" party cure.

I always loved using mana drains in dcz on a sin trying to get away and minoring.

para deletes hp buff/cancels hp scroll until they die or cure. and on top of that takes away 20% hp.

reverse deletes hp buff/cancels hp scroll for 2-3 seconds and then it goes off

many priest do no use reverse simply for the fact that you do not always have all day to sit back and duff, cause you also have to heal and cure. so when you can duff its common sense to use parasite cause you dont have to worry about whether they are scrolled or buffed since it works on both. with reverse it could just end up being a waste of time that you sometimes cannot spare for a duff that doesnt help.

but when im in the situation to throw out alot of duffs because there is another priest healing or the party members capable keeping hp up and rogues curing i will use every duff i can, malice,para, reverse, and i use mana sweep on rogues alot, like if they are tanking to much or trying to heal someone its works great.

How do Slow help out?