rlb fire mage

This is a discussion on rlb fire mage within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; im thinking about lvling my fire mage to 69 i got lucky today and bought a flame ring from some ...
Page: 1

im thinking about lvling my fire mage to 69

i got lucky today and bought a flame ring from some noob that had it on merchant for 600m

=D

and am thinking about picking up a +10 wood staff...

my gear would be as follows:

+10 wood staff
    +8 paper set
    10 dd cap

chitin shield+0
    iron set
    rom+0
    flame ring +0

earrings, im not sure what ill get...

any ideas if this build is ok to go with?

not sure how much a dd25 cap is atm, but am too cheap to buy one

=D

unless the price is right

RE5PECTmf

Imho , this build would be one of the worst choices u can make . If I was you , I would sell FR and ROM and try to get dual imirs +1 ( u would have to add few extra gb's ) . For the cash u'll give for wood staff +10 , u can get elysium +7 easily , or maybe even +2 reb or so .
    Iron set and CS would cover ur ass well enough . For the first time ... rental completes +7 will do the job , with hp valkyries and rogue or warrior def gloves ... if u r able , get crystal dd 25 , if not .. aim crimson +8/17 .. defense difference between crystal dd 25 and crimson +8 will give u like extra 2-3 dd , so it would be like having 20 dd helmet . For earrings go with a mix .. LKP's r overpriced atm , so my choice would be CE+0/1 - WSE+0/1 and u'll do fine ... knowing that u play priest as well ... u can use those earrings on priest also . Just my 2 cents . U will be way more effective as a light mage , than a paper 2 hit mage with those items .

If u still wanna stay in fire mode , post ur opinion about that , and I'll try to help ya =)
    Cheers .

Imho , this build would be one of the worst choices u can make . If I was you , I would sell FR and ROM and try to get dual imirs +1 ( u would have to add few extra gb's ) . For the cash u'll give for wood staff +10 , u can get elysium +7 easily , or maybe even +2 reb or so .
    Iron set and CS would cover ur ass well enough . For the first time ... rental completes +7 will do the job , with hp valkyries and rogue or warrior def gloves ... if u r able , get crystal dd 25 , if not .. aim crimson +8/17 .. defense difference between crystal dd 25 and crimson +8 will give u like extra 2-3 dd , so it would be like having 20 dd helmet . For earrings go with a mix .. LKP's r overpriced atm , so my choice would be CE+0/1 - WSE+0/1 and u'll do fine ... knowing that u play priest as well ... u can use those earrings on priest also . Just my 2 cents . U will be way more effective as a light mage , than a paper 2 hit mage with those items .

If u still wanna stay in fire mode , post ur opinion about that , and I'll try to help ya =)
    Cheers .[/b]

i want to be able to kill from a distance...ive realized that i just suck at comboing/sliding and that sort of stuff...not quick with my fingers i suppose...so im just hoping to level both my archer and mage and go back to being a support priest

=D

will the damage i give as a light mage still be good?

im still debating whether i want to go 59 or 69 with my mage...

is a lvl 59 fire mage decent then for dcz? with a +10 wood staff?

Cheers .[/b]

hey

i actually just looked up prices on imir ring +0s, seems like flame rings are almost 3x the price of a imir +0...

so i could probably get dual imir+0s and a full set of crimson or something

just wanted to know what the damage of a mage with dual +0 imirs would be versus a paper mage with a +10 staff and dual flame ring +0s

im a mage noob and have no idea...but just want to lvl to 59 or 69 and play around...

any advice is more than appreciated

=D

if ur playing Ionia then FR is worth 2 IRs

RE5PECTmf

if ur playing Ionia then FR is worth 2 IRs[/b]
    Hes talking about dd 25 and he owns a CS , that should give u some clue about servers that he could play on . Assuming that this is Mr_Sandman from Prophecy , hes on Ares .

If u wanna stick with fire mage , my choice would be this . Dual CE+1 as earrings , 3rd grade set +8 as a armor , Scorching +1-5 reb , Dual fr's +0 and u'll do fine .. decent amount of hp .. def and resistances . In rlb I wouldn't go for Crystal/Complete build with fire mage ... since u won't have much in mp and u don't have 72 skill , so Hell Blood would be stupid to use , and new staffs can't be used . Get dd 25 116 int .. Those pieces of armor r not more than 1gb each .. later work on FR's +1 and scorching +8 if u don't get it now .. and u'll do fine . If u r able to get dd 25 , then use warrior defense gloves or something , since u'll have enough DD .

Hes talking about dd 25 and he owns a CS , that should give u some clue about servers that he could play on . Assuming that this is Mr_Sandman from Prophecy , hes on Ares .

If u wanna stick with fire mage , my choice would be this . Dual CE+1 as earrings , 3rd grade set +8 as a armor , Scorching +1-5 reb , Dual fr's +0 and u'll do fine .. decent amount of hp .. def and resistances . In rlb I wouldn't go for Crystal/Complete build with fire mage ... since u won't have much in mp and u don't have 72 skill , so Hell Blood would be stupid to use , and new staffs can't be used . Get dd 25 116 int .. Those pieces of armor r not more than 1gb each .. later work on FR's +1 and scorching +8 if u don't get it now .. and u'll do fine . If u r able to get dd 25 , then use warrior defense gloves or something , since u'll have enough DD .[/b]

i just bought a elysium +7

=D

so how should i build a light mage?

Hes talking about dd 25 and he owns a CS , that should give u some clue about servers that he could play on . Assuming that this is Mr_Sandman from Prophecy , hes on Ares .[/b]
    I didn't read the topic, cuz it's like 472364325416452469238 others here...

I just looked here:

Group: Member +
    Member No.: 23,804
    Server: Ionia
    IGN: YourGayLover
    Nation: El Morad

RE5PECTmf

i just bought a elysium +7

=D

so how should i build a light mage?[/b]

Like I said , Get DD Helmet first ( DD 25 is cool , no matter 116 int or 136 int , but 136 int is better since it got higher defense ofc ) .
    For armor , like I said , spare some cash on that atm and use complete rentals .
    For Rings , Fr is like 14-15 gb i believe , and rom is like price of imir +0 ... or maybe a bit more ... so if u r lucky , with ROM + FR and maybe 5 gb's ... u'll be able to get dual Imirs +1 .
    Earrings , WSE+0/1 and Ce+0/1 , like I said , lkp's r overpriced atm , and those 2 u can use on ur support priest ...
    U got belt / necklace covered , and also a shield ... so u'll do fine . Build I would go would be . 160 int , 1 into str to use a CS , rest into mp ... Hp valky and I would go with warrior defense gloves , especially if u get dd 25 . This build will give u enough hp , nice defense for sure and good dmg ... First concentrate on playing more like a support mage , 'till u get the feeling , and while u see how much u get hit for , who hits u for most .. things like that . After that , when u get a nice crew for pk ... tell some priest to cover ur ass , and u run into ppl , trying to stun the priest of opposite party with 42 skill .. if its rough , get out ... blind / blizzard , run away and return to support ... U'll get the feeling after few hours , and about combo .. Idk which one u use , I use W+R when tanking , and R or RR when i'm on enemies back .. if there is anything more U need to know , feel free to post more . I'll help ya as much as I can .

Like I said , Get DD Helmet first ( DD 25 is cool , no matter 116 int or 136 int , but 136 int is better since it got higher defense ofc ) .
    For armor , like I said , spare some cash on that atm and use complete rentals .
    For Rings , Fr is like 14-15 gb i believe , and rom is like price of imir +0 ... or maybe a bit more ... so if u r lucky , with ROM + FR and maybe 5 gb's ... u'll be able to get dual Imirs +1 .
    Earrings , WSE+0/1 and Ce+0/1 , like I said , lkp's r overpriced atm , and those 2 u can use on ur support priest ...
    U got belt / necklace covered , and also a shield ... so u'll do fine . Build I would go would be . 160 int , 1 into str to use a CS , rest into mp ... Hp valky and I would go with warrior defense gloves , especially if u get dd 25 . This build will give u enough hp , nice defense for sure and good dmg ... First concentrate on playing more like a support mage , 'till u get the feeling , and while u see how much u get hit for , who hits u for most .. things like that . After that , when u get a nice crew for pk ... tell some priest to cover ur ass , and u run into ppl , trying to stun the priest of opposite party with 42 skill .. if its rough , get out ... blind / blizzard , run away and return to support ... U'll get the feeling after few hours , and about combo .. Idk which one u use , I use W+R when tanking , and R or RR when i'm on enemies back .. if there is anything more U need to know , feel free to post more . I'll help ya as much as I can .[/b]

hey

thanks a lot for your help, i really appreciate it

=D

i realized that i just dont have the time to level a character to 69...i thought it would be easier, but im trying to level and i am now remembering why i stopped playing my priest...because i just dont have the time to play

haha

i decided to go DCZ (ardream)...

i have full crimson +1rb set with dd15, CS+0, iron set, elysium +7 and dual imir+1s...i would get a dd25, but it is too expensive and i figure dd15 should be ok

just wondering if i should stick with this build or switch it up to maybe t2-t3?

also, thanks for the tips in how to play, it makes a lot of sense...im just trying to get used to playing as a mage..

also, for a lvl 59 mage, any tips on a skill bar?...i want more attack eventually, instead of support...so im just trying to figure out how to equip him

RE5PECTmf

DD 15 will work at first , but next step you should do is DD 25 . Get Crimson Goblin Pads , they r easy to find .. and on lvl 59 they give u more benefit than even crimson +8 , cuz u get 16 resistances to all , and u don't lose hp ... My tip would be to get those pads , dd 25 , and u would still need 3 parts of crimson +8 ( Pauldron / Gloves / Boots ) . Good thing about this is even if u decide to go 60+ , u can maybe only swap crimson pauldron for a complete one , crimson goblin for a complete one ... Crimson +7 helmet would do the job for xping , and crimson +8 gloves/ boots are only 4 difference in defense comparing to complete ones , and they r alot cheaper , but thats way into future , and u might not even xp ... But for now ... ur gear setup is good , like I said , aim DD 25 and u'll do more than fine . After DD 25 and goblin pads , get those 3 parts of crimson +8 , but that shouldn't be ur first goal , cuz difference in def comparing to +7 isn't that much , and hp is around 100 ish difference .
    About skill bar ... I gave u already one , but since this is different ... idk , I personally on my dlw mage use blizzard , but I don't have impact .. cuz I find blizzard way more usefull , ardream is always crowded .

F1 - Range skills

1- Hp pot
    2- Mana Pot
    3- 18 lvl skill ( Dot dmg dealer )
    4- 39 lvl skill ( Also dot dmg dealer )
    5- Thorn ( great way to recover Hp )
    6- Static Orb ( some ppl say it has the best stunning rate from all range skills )
    7- Thunder Blast
    8- Ice Blast

F2 - Aoe / Slowing Skills

1- Hp pot
    2- Mana Pot
    3- Light lvl 33 skill
    4- Blizzard
    5- ThunderCloud
    6- Ice Arrow
    7- Solid
    8-

F3 - Close combat mode / vs

1- Hp pot
    2- Mana Pot
    3- Charged Blade ( 42 skill )
    4- Thorn
    5- Manes ( I use it mostly when I xp or in FT , its kinda useless in pk , at least for light mage , so it can be replaced with some ice skill , maybe frostbite )
    6- Static Orb
    7- Sweep Potion
    8- Solid

F4 - Full Support Page

1- Tp
    2- Hp pot
    3- Ice blade ( 42 skill )
    4- Blizzard
    5- Frostbite
    6- Gate
    7- Gate
    8- Mana pot

F5 - Scrolls / Resistances and such

1- Tp
    2- Hp pot
    3- Frozen Shell
    4- 50 Gr
    5- 80 Lr
    6- Speed pot
    7- Buff scroll
    8- Ac scroll

This is , I repeat , self-preference , for me its working good , for some1 else it might not ... u chose , same with stating the mage .. some ppl like to have 51 in ice , i find that useless ... depends on playing style .

P.S. Funny how topic " Rlb Fire mage " changed to " Ardream Lightning Mage " :P

DD 15 will work at first , but next step you should do is DD 25 . Get Crimson Goblin Pads , they r easy to find .. and on lvl 59 they give u more benefit than even crimson +8 , cuz u get 16 resistances to all , and u don't lose hp ... My tip would be to get those pads , dd 25 , and u would still need 3 parts of crimson +8 ( Pauldron / Gloves / Boots ) . Good thing about this is even if u decide to go 60+ , u can maybe only swap crimson pauldron for a complete one , crimson goblin for a complete one ... Crimson +7 helmet would do the job for xping , and crimson +8 gloves/ boots are only 4 difference in defense comparing to complete ones , and they r alot cheaper , but thats way into future , and u might not even xp ... But for now ... ur gear setup is good , like I said , aim DD 25 and u'll do more than fine . After DD 25 and goblin pads , get those 3 parts of crimson +8 , but that shouldn't be ur first goal , cuz difference in def comparing to +7 isn't that much , and hp is around 100 ish difference .
    About skill bar ... I gave u already one , but since this is different ... idk , I personally on my dlw mage use blizzard , but I don't have impact .. cuz I find blizzard way more usefull , ardream is always crowded .

F1 - Range skills

1- Hp pot
    2- Mana Pot
    3- 18 lvl skill ( Dot dmg dealer )
    4- 39 lvl skill ( Also dot dmg dealer )
    5- Thorn ( great way to recover Hp )
    6- Static Orb ( some ppl say it has the best stunning rate from all range skills )
    7- Thunder Blast
    8- Ice Blast

F2 - Aoe / Slowing Skills

1- Hp pot
    2- Mana Pot
    3- Light lvl 33 skill
    4- Blizzard
    5- ThunderCloud
    6- Ice Arrow
    7- Solid
    8-

F3 - Close combat mode / vs

1- Hp pot
    2- Mana Pot
    3- Charged Blade ( 42 skill )
    4- Thorn
    5- Manes ( I use it mostly when I xp or in FT , its kinda useless in pk , at least for light mage , so it can be replaced with some ice skill , maybe frostbite )
    6- Static Orb
    7- Sweep Potion
    8- Solid

F4 - Full Support Page

1- Tp
    2- Hp pot
    3- Ice blade ( 42 skill )
    4- Blizzard
    5- Frostbite
    6- Gate
    7- Gate
    8- Mana pot

F5 - Scrolls / Resistances and such

1- Tp
    2- Hp pot
    3- Frozen Shell
    4- 50 Gr
    5- 80 Lr
    6- Speed pot
    7- Buff scroll
    8- Ac scroll

This is , I repeat , self-preference , for me its working good , for some1 else it might not ... u chose , same with stating the mage .. some ppl like to have 51 in ice , i find that useless ... depends on playing style .

P.S. Funny how topic " Rlb Fire mage " changed to " Ardream Lightning Mage " :P[/b]

hey,

thanks again for your help...pretty interesting post you wrote up

=D

yeah, it is funny how this started off as being a fire mage topic and now its light mage

=D

one last question, if i go crimson, will i be able to kill anything?

i can staff people for about 320+30 right now with imir+1s and elysium7...