Ice mage slowing/surviving (DCZ)

This is a discussion on Ice mage slowing/surviving (DCZ) within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Cwest Not sure how to stat it but i was thinking this gear... Dual CE+2 (or CE +2/SSE +1) RoL ...
Page: 1

Default Ice mage slowing/surviving (DCZ)

Cwest
    Not sure how to stat it but i was thinking this gear...

Dual CE+2 (or CE +2/SSE +1)
    RoL or RoM +1/Shio +1 or 2
    Glass Belt +0
    IN +0 or EP +1
    Crystal +8
    DD +6
    Glacier Erenion +8/Garp +7

Now my big problems are statting, staves, rings, necklace... I want to focus mainly on slowing but being able to survive too... I was thinking the GE for slowing, but idk if i should go IN route or EP. And if i should go dual shios or get a RoL or a RoM for second ring? Thanks for comments <3

MakeYouSweat

You want to be support?

If so get IN, GB / IB, combine Rol and ROM together, to make your GR and LR good, and I would take CE +2 (or even +3s if possible) and Oasis 7 just for the DD And Dread Shield +6

If you want to be attack, still, Oasis 7 and just shios.... Same items except DS ofc...

Btw valks with HP are MUST, coz if your HP will be low, as attack mage, youll be 1~2 hited when para maliced...

from the only place where u'll be able to listen the true Minimal

TBH with a dread shield or not, i would still pick shios in spite of rols/roms/fove.
    WHY?
    1- if u are going to equip a dread shield, hell u wont lack of ac
    2- what's the point of choosing ice if u wont be able to slow?

The exception about point 2) is a cz ice mage that needs to tank almost always if he wants to cast the cube skills on the right targets (like priests - cuz that bastards, usually stand behind the lines, so u have to face few warriors, and a probable incoming sin under a full duffed condition too )

The best for you would be having 2 sets; shios for when u feel safe and u can attack and roms/rols in case u need to run away.
    IN seems pretty useless in ardream; Elemental pendant 4life. Any + u can afford. The hp bonus it gives is priceless.
    I agree with hp valky and oasis. DD bonus+hp bonus and decent ap..what else. GE+8? it is pretty cool staff too..since it has a really nice hp bonus...good to use for your undy set mainly.
    As earrings, i would go after dual sse. u need hp and ac more than few more resistences. Flame will always hit quite hard..better focusing on not being slowed or stunned.
    if u get shios..u got a decent ice res and if u use skele..would be an other +30 ice res.
    Then since u're ice/light..u can use light resist on ya...so..shouldn't be stunned so easely.
    If u feel so worried about resistences...get a goblin pauldron robe or the royal too. Crystal set + 9 seems a must but...the +8 should work too.
    IB vs Glass belt wins the glass all the life for a mage. anways...Glass belt?! blah...for what? a few int bonus that u wont feel so much at your lvl since the spells u use do not suk so much mana and a few more resistences than a skele? against what? arrows?...lol high ac does more effect than 10 arrow def; club def? neither an HB just +7 wont feel a 10 club def.. what i wanna say..if u are going to use a dread shield...and if your server is quite full of mages..well i would use a skele or a noob old harpy belt cuz they give a damned nice 30 ice and 30 lr resist that are more than usefull.
    I could reach 170 ice res and 200 lr...LOLled @ those who tried to stun me.
    DD helm +6 or +7 they are almost the same...ready to switch it when in need or just use it all the time if it's so full of sins. ( ep and hp valky will cover the hp lost..good to use here a GE+8 too..that all alone gives almost the same hp bonus of your helm. )

Quote Originally Posted by inarco View Post
    TBH with a dread shield or not, i would still pick shios in spite of rols/roms/fove.
    WHY?
    1- if u are going to equip a dread shield, hell u wont lack of ac
    2- what's the point of choosing ice if u wont be able to slow?

The exception about point 2) is a cz ice mage that needs to tank almost always if he wants to cast the cube skills on the right targets (like priests - cuz that bastards, usually stand behind the lines, so u have to face few warriors, and a probable incoming sin under a full duffed condition too )

The best for you would be having 2 sets; shios for when u feel safe and u can attack and roms/rols in case u need to run away.
    IN seems pretty useless in ardream; Elemental pendant 4life. Any + u can afford. The hp bonus it gives is priceless.
    I agree with hp valky and oasis. DD bonus+hp bonus and decent ap..what else. GE+8? it is pretty cool staff too..since it has a really nice hp bonus...good to use for your undy set mainly.
    As earrings, i would go after dual sse. u need hp and ac more than few more resistences. Flame will always hit quite hard..better focusing on not being slowed or stunned.
    if u get shios..u got a decent ice res and if u use skele..would be an other +30 ice res.
    Then since u're ice/light..u can use light resist on ya...so..shouldn't be stunned so easely.
    If u feel so worried about resistences...get a goblin pauldron robe or the royal too. Crystal set + 9 seems a must but...the +8 should work too.
    IB vs Glass belt wins the glass all the life for a mage. anways...Glass belt?! blah...for what? a few int bonus that u wont feel so much at your lvl since the spells u use do not suk so much mana and a few more resistences than a skele? against what? arrows?...lol high ac does more effect than 10 arrow def; club def? neither an HB just +7 wont feel a 10 club def.. what i wanna say..if u are going to use a dread shield...and if your server is quite full of mages..well i would use a skele or a noob old harpy belt cuz they give a damned nice 30 ice and 30 lr resist that are more than usefull.
    I could reach 170 ice res and 200 lr...LOLled @ those who tried to stun me.
    DD helm +6 or +7 they are almost the same...ready to switch it when in need or just use it all the time if it's so full of sins. ( ep and hp valky will cover the hp lost..good to use here a GE+8 too..that all alone gives almost the same hp bonus of your helm. )

totally agree, except the only exception is NEVER wear anything but mage rings. If u can afford a ROL/ROC...... you can afford shios. The AC/HP/Resists difference isnt much but at least gain attack power from the mage rings.

CE
    Shio
    IB
    IN/EP
    Crimson
    Oasis
    DD

If you scroll, you'll be tanktanktank. I wouldn't swap out an IN unless it was for an EP2 or higher - personally.

Tough choices...

Oasis, crimson, IN, GB, Shios +2, dd6, CEs +2

My question is though, will that slow at all?

Quote Originally Posted by knox09 View Post
    Tough choices...

Oasis, crimson, IN, GB, Shios +2, dd6, CEs +2

My question is though, will that slow at all?

i have a TP mage and use a ROM+2, ROL+1, CS7 and Lobo7

no staff....

i just tp and lvl 33/45 aoe, comet and frostbite.

im still able to slow enough for the party to get kills, so no, im sure youll be fine.

shios increase the damage of ice attacks. im not sure how they affect the duration of the slow though...