Mage 70+ & Ardream

This is a discussion on Mage 70+ & Ardream within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Im gonna make a comeback as a mage. Long time ago since and i could really use some advice for ...
Page: 1

Default Mage 70+ & Ardream

Im gonna make a comeback as a mage. Long time ago since and i could really use some advice for what type, items, stats i should consider. I wanīt to play eather light or flame, whatīs the advantages with light/flame? If i wanna play both ardream and on my 70+, what kind of armor should i buy?(donīt want to use any armor that will be sealed). And if someone could make a small pricecheck of fire-/light. Last question.. I have always wondered, how is a linen specc like? Any good?
    Many questions i know >.< '

Shorted:
    Both 70+ and ardream.
    Flame or Light (advantages/disadvantages)
    Armor I should consider. (No armor or rings that will be sealed)
    Linen, any good?
    Small pricecheck of Flame & Light

Linen is a very good build for ardream, only problem is , is thats its terrible for 70+

if you are serious about playing the 70+ krowaz is the best and only way.. the difference is just huge. but, you can also go ahead and buy rons .. its OK but not nearly as good as krowaz

Do not go light/fire or fire/light .. the two dont really compliment 1 another very well.

Everything else usually stays the same, just now you want to use imirs/flame rings ..

For your ardream character either go linen 8 or crimson 8 .. maybe even paper 9 .. Iron set / Ep 3 / Highest rings / +8 staff (chaotic or scorching if linen/paper) Elysium / hb if crimson .. earrings get highest CE or SSE .. and your set!

is that all you wanted?

thanks a lot SkyL
    Isnīt there any other way? Canīt i just get a ds +7 for cz or something..instead of krowazes? :P

Well, do you want to attack or no?

Again, where will you be spending most of your time?

Remember mages dont get good until 78+

i would go scorch+8 or chaotic8 with krowaz which is a must i think. scorch/chaotic 8 works well because you can then use it on dcz as cardboard(112int) which is much better than 160int in ardream.

with light you obviously stun but dont waste time stacking int or anything like all those idiots say that to do to increase stun rate, higher the imirs better the stun...imirs are much cheaper than flame rings. Thing with flame is youre sinlge target casts and novas hit for a ton, and staff hit is a bit more than light as well with no stun. plus you can always go fire/light...the OG mage pk build

TNM

I don't know if money is an issue, but if you have nice accessoiries you can just go for crimson +7 and krowaz +6 | or crimson+8 and krowaz+5 (should cost around the same). If money isn't an issue just buy crimson+8 and krowaz +7

I'd only consider linen in cz when you are in one of those clans which only do novatowns and run with two partys at a time :|

My mage is almost 77 >.< ty guys for answering, really apperciate it.
    Money is a lil issue, but the thing is. I donīt really wanna get any sealed armor . Any difference if i go linen but get an in and ib? Will i still be "BAM, DEAD!..."? It might take me until 2019 to get those but, anyway :P..

El Shaddai Senior Member zecabr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NyppaN View Post
    My mage is almost 77 >.< ty guys for answering, really apperciate it.
    Money is a lil issue, but the thing is. I donīt really wanna get any sealed armor . Any difference if i go linen but get an in and ib? Will i still be "BAM, DEAD!..."? It might take me until 2019 to get those but, anyway :P..
    marco, if u dont want to get sealed sets like krowaz, and crimson would suck at cz, complete as well, u should go linen build yea, but then u would have to be support, or either paper, could do like 91 str 112 int 118 mp and rest hp, would use the same build at dcz, just wouldnt have as much hp stats, would be able to wear ds, and still do some damage with oasis/chaotic, or u could just go linen paper mage, 112 int 51 str, like 200mp and rest hp. tbh i would go paper , anyways ur chooice

<3

Quote Originally Posted by zecabr View Post
    marco, if u dont want to get sealed sets like krowaz, and crimson would suck at cz, complete as well, u should go linen build yea, but then u would have to be support, or either paper, could do like 91 str 112 int 118 mp and rest hp, would use the same build at dcz, just wouldnt have as much hp stats, would be able to wear ds, and still do some damage with oasis/chaotic, or u could just go linen paper mage, 112 int 51 str, like 200mp and rest hp. tbh i would go paper , anyways ur chooice

<3
    ty zec , I really do not wanna get any sealed krowazes. I donīt know how long i will be playing mage >.<

i'm playing fire mage with lien set ardream and cz with a 77 mage. there isn't better built then lien set for ardream , i got scorching +8 and even the babas ones go down, but for cz it sucks you die with 2-3 hits buffed , i can only do nova town (it rules) , lien set in cz only with great items and a really good shield (gabs or cs).

prices are roughly

dual imir2 - $175
    dual flame ring2 - $325
    dual ce 2 - $50
    iron set - $250
    linen 8/9 - ?????
    paper dd - ?????
    4 crim8 dd7 - $80
    scorching8 - $90?
    chaotic8 - $65?
    ds7 - $25

fire mage going to cost alot, and wont do all that great unless you spend a good amount on it. light mage will do great but they are still pretty costly.
    going to cost about $650 with crimson/dual imir2,iron set, dual ce2, chaotic8.
    fire mage going to cost $700 just for dual fr2,dual ce2, iron set, scorching8. armor and dd arent included cause i dont know prices, but it could end up being close to $900-1000.

if your not planning to use USD, just convert $3.50 = 1 gb. these are rough numbers too.

fire mage cannot chase, but they can hit harder, they cant really mess up players combos. but i think support fire mage with like a ds7 will do great..as they can teleport, tank, and do great assisting damage aswell as deal final blows. more expensive.

light mage great for vs because they can stun a player which can let you heal up to full or allow you to use mana pot. they also keep opponent from getting away depending on your stun rate. they are amazing at canceling preist skills (when i was playing light mage..i was canceling preist duffs/heals 6+ times in a row, or until they died) very few people are able to kill a int preist solo, but light mages are definetly one of those few. they are also cheaper.

also bro this is mostly based on dcz, as for cz i think you really need krowaz unless you plan to be a support fire mage with ds7 and linen8/9. you will need irons and +8 staff and dd helm. this will be extremely costly.
    Last edited by bknight; 10-27-2010 at 12:03 PM.

Ty a lot guys, now i feel like i know a lot more then my tiny brain can handle..almost :P It looks like i wonīt be playing with linen on my 70+ mage unless i get +9 linens and +3 in set..but that isnīt really my budget so. I guess if im gonna play mage, ardream is the closest. Donīt wanna seal any armor and im a lil tired of *BAM BAM*ing the same ppl in ard >.< Canīt KO just make one zone -.-". Feels like im jumping out of my own topic. Anyway, ty guys. Think that if i go ard mage, i will save up for in set then gogo linen + chaotic or scor staff with ces and imirs / flame r.