Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shard+8 or Cleaver+9?

This is a discussion on Shard+8 or Cleaver+9? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; I was wondering if I should use a shard+8 or a Cleaver+9? Also, which one would be cheaper on cwest ...
Page: 1

Realsies

Default Shard+8 or Cleaver+9?

I was wondering if I should use a shard+8 or a Cleaver+9?

Also, which one would be cheaper on cwest and would you know the prices?

Banned

cleaver9 is like 12-13, shard8 is 13-15 in cwest. I prefer shards, but I guess they are really close.

Steven Senior Member doomdudenoob's Avatar

depends on your personality i guess...i like looking cool so i would get dual shard +8 and then make them +5 rb so they would be shiny lol but if u want more attack and elemental go for the cleavers and ive heard in my experiences that cleavers fail more than shards do or something...

daymz798

yeh i hear cleaver9's have wayyyy less accuracy compared to a shard8

_.-~=FackaBitch=~-._ Senior Member Gaudior's Avatar

it depends on the price of them. i've tried both, and they are actually the same, but cleaver+9 was 8gb, shard+8 was 14-15gb so I bought dual cleaver+9s. I haven't noticed any problems with accuray.

daymz798

hmm ok, iv never tested iv just heard it alot, ur spike is supposed to fail more wen using cleavers instead of shards

Jos

cleaver +9 > shard +8

Lurking in the Dark Senior Member MercyfulFate's Avatar

Shard +8 > Cleaver +9

Realsies

what about dual MD+8's for a cheapskate??

Banned Senior Member

cleaver +9 > shard +8
    You can spend the gb that you dont spend on the shard on some nice uniques.

+ Its just a rumor that shard have better accuracy.

cleavers 9 are stronger and shard 8 sexier

depend if u are a fashion victim or not

get.that.money

To everyone that says the failure rate of cleavers is a rumor...ur all idiots...ya, the cleaver still hits the person ur attacking and yes, the skill is used, but that's not the failure...if u look at the damage done to the person it is a very low damage with spike, thrust, etc...that is what is considered a failure, and yes cleavers fail WAY more than shards...I would go shard +8s all the way...the little exta money will save you during a vs or pk etc....just give it some thought!

hatay

Quote Originally Posted by get.that.money View Post
    To everyone that says the failure rate of cleavers is a rumor...ur all idiots...ya, the cleaver still hits the person ur attacking and yes, the skill is used, but that's not the failure...if u look at the damage done to the person it is a very low damage with spike, thrust, etc...that is what is considered a failure, and yes cleavers fail WAY more than shards...I would go shard +8s all the way...the little exta money will save you during a vs or pk etc....just give it some thought!
    Wrong. I've tried both and cleaver doesn't fail more or less, it's exactly the same.. If it did, it's because when you were using the cleaver, you were obsessed with this rumor and it falsified your perception so all you could see was more fails.

get.that.money

Quote Originally Posted by hatay View Post
    Wrong. I've tried both and cleaver doesn't fail more or less, it's exactly the same.. If it did, it's because when you were using the cleaver, you were obsessed with this rumor and it falsified your perception so all you could see was more fails.
    I would have to disagree...I didn't even know about the rumor before I discovered that cleavers fail more...but it really is all about personal preference and if you wanna save a little money for other things then cleavers are possibly a better choice...if it were me I would go with the shard +8

daymz798

yeah i know people have tried it and found the cleaver is less accurate, mostly in a PK situation though, dont know anything about just hunting monsters lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast