Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

BP vs BP

This is a discussion on BP vs BP within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; What is the best method to win a BP vs BP 1vs1 ? Lets pretend neither BP has curse-reflect...
Page: 1

Default BP vs BP

What is the best method to win a BP vs BP 1vs1 ?

Lets pretend neither BP has curse-reflect

1st example (what i currently do)

Massive (so they have to cure and re-book)
    attack
    Parasite (timed immediatly as opponent cures)
    attack

it doesn't always work perfect, because opponent will massive me back... therefore i have to cure and re-book

Lets hear your ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Wirinom22 View Post
    1st example (what i currently do)

Massive (so they have to cure and re-book)
    attack
    Parasite (timed immediatly as opponent cures)
    attack

it doesn't always work perfect, because opponent will massive me back... therefore i have to cure and re-book

Lets hear your ideas
    You have to understand the weaknesses of each class too, if you're going up against a full str BP, your best option is massive + parasite when they're curing

If you up against a chitin BP I wouldn't bother worrying too much on their damage, I'd throw a massive just to make them cure (they still hit pretty hard) when they're in mid-cure I time it so I can malice / torment them and it doesn't cure, start attacking instantly and as they run parasite and chase

A paper BP suffers from VERY low HP in full str, and parasite is enough to get fights over with quickly. A chitin BP has fuck loads of AC and HP but shitty AP, so you're best bet is to take out their strongest stats first.

You're main problem aswell is mana, against a chitin BP you will always lose out on mana , so you're focus is to get their HP low as quick as possible

You will always lose and win some but don't worry, it's only a game

Full STR is ALWAYS best for 1v1 when you're skilled, but they're no where near as flexible as INT BP

If you had a Full STR vs INT BP in 1v1 and both players were experts the STR priest would win hands down, the chit BP is better for current PK because you get lots of gang bang and tanking is needed.

I still love STR though, it's nice seeing my damage go into the 2000 range on paper classes and 1000 + to INT priests

Quote Originally Posted by puggy306td View Post
    You have to understand the weaknesses of each class too, if you're going up against a full str BP, your best option is massive + parasite when they're curing

If you up against a chitin BP I wouldn't bother worrying too much on their damage, I'd throw a massive just to make them cure (they still hit pretty hard) when they're in mid-cure I time it so I can malice / torment them and it doesn't cure, start attacking instantly and as they run parasite and chase

A paper BP suffers from VERY low HP in full str, and parasite is enough to get fights over with quickly. A chitin BP has fuck loads of AC and HP but shitty AP, so you're best bet is to take out their strongest stats first.

You're main problem aswell is mana, against a chitin BP you will always lose out on mana , so you're focus is to get their HP low as quick as possible

You will always lose and win some but don't worry, it's only a game

Full STR is ALWAYS best for 1v1 when you're skilled, but they're no where near as flexible as INT BP

If you had a Full STR vs INT BP in 1v1 and both players were experts the STR priest would win hands down, the chit BP is better for current PK because you get lots of gang bang and tanking is needed.

I still love STR though, it's nice seeing my damage go into the 2000 range on paper classes and 1000 + to INT priests

Very nice response, Ty

Only thing is maybe parasite is better vs chitin BP, because they usually have LOW HP, so making the HP even lower makes them easy kill

If you torment/malice chitin BP, they will still have like 5k hp and mediocre AC

i'd rather if they had 3k hp parasited and their 1000 whatever AC, because Helis disregards Defense... you will still hit them really hard

Quote Originally Posted by Wirinom22 View Post
    Only thing is maybe parasite is better vs chitin BP, because they usually have LOW HP, so making the HP even lower makes them easy kill

If you torment/malice chitin BP, they will still have like 5k hp and mediocre AC

i'd rather if they had 3k hp parasited and their 1000 whatever AC, because Helis disregards Defense... you will still hit them really hard
    It's true that parasite helps, but you REALLY see a damage difference when you reduce AC on enemies. Chitin BP won't have 5k hp parasited, it's more like 4500 and when you cure they won't lose much HP

Think of it this way, if you malice them, you're damage is effectively increased from 600 to 1000+ , if you parasite your always going to hit them for 600

Hit them 3 times, you make 1800 damage, compared to 3000 damage with malice. It's just my own personal opinion, I'm full str priest anyway, I die very quick but I don't find it a problem hitting INT priests for 1k + when maliced.

Alterantively, what you could do is don't bother with massive, let the Chit BP massive you, as they are duffing you throw a parasite, don't heal, then throw malice as they start attacking you cure and rebook. They're still duffed and fast to kill

Paper BP can make strong enemies mediocre if the right duffs are thrown, personally I don't bother with HP armours anyway, the only people it's useful against are the ones who take it fast (mages)

Just did a quick test with a warrior from these forums (and now I know why they had high ac lol)

1000 dmg with torment / malice (IN+3)
    1300 dmg with torment (IN+3)

They had about 1000ac with torment at a guess

Do you even suggest massiving?

I found once i start massiving in vs, they start doing it to me

and massive messes me up bad, cuz u gotta rebook, and continue to cure and duff

So would you suggest just parasite first? and toss a torment to drop EXACTLY once they cure, and then proceed to wail away?

damn BP vs's are so technical its nuts

curse-reflect changes everything... BP with curse reflect pwns in BP vs BP 1vs1

Alright, since I had some nice BP vs BP fights in the past, I would like to give my shares of thoughts aswell.
    First to correct a fact stuff puggy306td got wrong.
    Paper BP have relative high HP compare to chitin BP(not low), paper BP reach full STR at around lvl 63 already if I remember it right, so the rest points automatically goes to health and ends up with good amount of HP. However, chitin BP have to balance between STR and health, so they could easily end up with 60 base health, which eventually ends up with around 3k HP.

About the duff thing, it can gets very complicated in a fight between 2 strong BP, the more duffs both use, the longer fights goes. I personally dont bother too much with duffs, coz when I used to play as BP, I always had the confidence to take the other BP down without duffing, so I go 100% offensive mode, my style is "good offense is the best defense" and "less duff, more bashing".
    But if u absolute must duff, I can share those experience, from my point of view, paper BP are extremely vulnerable against malice/torment, while chitin BP are more vulnerable against massive, parasite is only useful if the target either doesnt cure the effect or have low base HP. HOWEVER, superior parasite is another story.
    About an ideal VS by paper and chitin, I wouldnt bet 100% on paper. Paper BP might hits relative hard, but they have mana to consider, chitin BP have mana enough for the whole fight, so no mana pot needed. I tried both builds, and I found both have about the same mortality when it comes down to such fight as BP vs BP. Think about it this way, chitin BP have low HP but high mana, while paper BP is the other way around, just using different pots. And paper have high AP but low AC, while chitin BP have low AP but high AC, so both will hit each other about the same. Everything balance each other, thats why theres no best build, all depends on the individual player's style, and skills. Its hard to find 2 BP fights exactly the same way, so yes, the possiblities of a BP vs BP fight is so unpredictable as playing chess IMO. For me, of all these years, its still most important to know urself, what is ur capacity? Thats all that matters.

One last thing, about u mentioned that ppl start throwing massive when u do. I for one find it lame, when they use it on me, so if my opponent break that lameness, then I would do the same, no matter if it extend the fight to an impossible level. Massive/subside simply slowing down the VS process, its like a fight between 2 tank priests wearing shields, full mace/sword def and talia, how is that gonna turn out?
    For me its a question about moral.

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

my turn?

ok...

basically since mgames has added these expansions, since after ROFD and such, paper has become obsolete in the for of this game, the difference between paper + chitin is tremendous, and in a vs, a chitin bp should beat a paper bp if both are duffers. ap difference between the two will not make a difference ( chitin more ac, paper more ap, pretty much can say they can cancel eachother out in theory). what will save you though as a chitin bp is your mana pool, when you have 2 stop as a paper priest and use a soul pot, you have 2 stop hp potting, where as the chitin bp doesn't. mana makes a HUGE difference in vs, which people underestimate its importance,

ask yourself this, how many attacks (and damage total) do you get off in the time you are using 1 pot.

and also... ap difference on a chitin bp vs a paper bp, isn't that huge, i had 27xx as a chitin bp vs 32xx as paper bp, the damage i TOOK was a HUGE difference in the loss of ac (especially from sins). both were as 255 str ( cept chitin was 253). waring str +9 armors paper (cept helmet) vs. chitin +8

i have exceptional gear for a bp, but hands down, in todays day in how this game has evolved, a smart chitin bp can overkill a smart paper bp.

this is still my personal preference, between differen't "styles" of bp's based on playing both, some ppl feel that paper is better then chitin, that ac isn't that big of a deal nor is the extra resist or mana, but from my personal preference i'd play chitin over paper. i like playing paper, its not a bad choice.

in a bp vs bp situation, it also depends on how they are geared, etc etc, but saying if people have exactly the same uniques, but differen't build and both are lvl 83.

If u start fight with +7 weapon against BP with +9 one, better use masive/subside or u will die really fast.
    And about paper vs chitin hmm.. all depands about skill and gear but with same gear / lv / items paper should win. One more - most paper bps got +9 armors and chitin just+8. if both have armors + 9 (or both+8), we all know who has the advantage.

What is your thoughts on:

BP - 80 point into HEAL/45 in duff/15 master

use the lvl 80 restore in VS

you will still have parasite, and malice for BP vs BP 1vs1

and you will have curse-reflect

only downside to this, u dont have massive/subside

but i think this build would win more bp vs bp 1vs1's

_.-~=FackaBitch=~-._ Senior Member Gaudior's Avatar

lol man dont!!!! random bp vs bp are rare as hell lol. go for 60 heal, 70 duff, rest to master
    at 82 you'll get curse reflect, this is what you need nowadays i think. You really need torment/subside, they are really important!

yeah but LVL 80 heal priests are very rare

and lvl 80 restore is VERY useful

lvl 80 restore > lvl 83 priest master skill

to win a BP vs BP fight u must have a bit of experience.., and there are some point that u have to check

if hes pimped or no (ofc if he is he will just attack u w/o duff because he knows that he can manage every 1 on 1 and thats offensive mode like c4pt4in said),

when i used to vs'd for the first time some1 and he hits hard, i take defense mode and while im curing my self or healing idk i can see wich combo he use so i can use maybe swr to make him miss more attacks or wrskill..

when 1 vs 1 a bp u can simulate casts of duffing so they will cast cure thinking that u are goin to duff ... but u gonna stop the cast and start hitting in that moment ur taking the advantage while ur attacking u can cast a duff like malice/torment if he throw massive and ur paper bp u can keep attacking but if ur chitin u have to cure and try again.

Ofc Chitin bp will always have advantage over Paper BP (more ac, more mana) but a experience paper bp can take him down if he know his gamestyle and use the right combo.

i've played bp on MYKO and USKO - 2 servers, Ares and Manes and on both i played decently and managed every 1 on 1 that i had, it all about duff, cure, heal timing to manage a 1 on 1, or even a 7/8 on 1... as bp.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast