Staff for Dread Shield mage (DCZ)

This is a discussion on Staff for Dread Shield mage (DCZ) within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; im going for an overall build with 152 int for dd 110 mp to wield a staff and 90 str ...
Page: 1

im going for an overall build with 152 int for dd 110 mp to wield a staff and 90 str to wear dread shield with 2 remaining stat points (hp).

Basically im 51 ice/45 lightning, idont give a fuck aboout damage i just wanna slow /stun.

I will be predominantly using ice but i like to use lightning when neccasary i.e. blade on priests/minor healing rogues

so i wanna know

GE+7 for the better ice slow or Rons for the overall elemental.

i would say that GE+7 has slightly better bonuses and i know its good for slowing.

does anyone have experience with this build or with Rons staff?

most poeple dont like them but i liek the idea of a houlistic staff as i frequently swicth staffs for element.

Banned

...If you're going DS Build in DCZ, only build to go is Glacier, as you can weild a Skull Hammer +7/8/9....So much glacier on that thing.

...If you're going DS Build in DCZ, only build to go is Glacier, as you can weild a Skull Hammer +7/8/9....So much glacier on that thing.[/b]
    glacier dmg on weapons that aren't staffs don't effect mage skill damage at all and they can't use their blade skill either. the only thing u can use blade skills with a shield with is the halloween cane.

and yea ge would be the best staff to get for it's hp bonuses. ron's staff is just useless.

ok cheers,

so the lightning elemental will be insignificant, and id get just as much stun off a ge 7?

...If you're going DS Build in DCZ, only build to go is Glacier, as you can weild a Skull Hammer +7/8/9....So much glacier on that thing.[/b]
    only staff's elemental damage will work for mages.

ok cheers,

so the lightning elemental will be insignificant, and id get just as much stun off a ge 7?[/b]
    Uhh i heard that lightning damage is based mostly on the weapon AP... so u shouldnt even bother with that, cuz u cant weild an elysium... so probably wont stun much. Go with the GE, it gives good HP along with really high elemental. For glacier mages, rumors go that higher elemental on staff will effect the rate of which you slow people.

Oh and remember to get a halloween cane.. its the only 1h staff at the moment, so u can use it alon gwith ur dread sheild.

sweet as GE it is.

thanks alot cus i was seriusly gonna go with the rons.

ive used GE before and it is pwnge for ice.

and the haloween cane no dice becus akara was made after haloween.

and the haloween cane no dice becus akara was made after haloween.[/b]
    oh damn ><" its so useful to blade ppl while having ur staff on ><" i guess u&#39;ll hafta wait until they release 1h staffs like jpko has

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

rfeading this reminded me of something....

while back while i was in bera my freind general stupidy was working on a full hp ice mage... the mage had no mp watsover only enough to wear wizzy +8. i cant remember wat lvl he stopped it at but he had alot of ho he would run around with a ss+6 and when sins spiked him they spiked for like 600 i belive but he still had like 6 k hp. his theory was that ice had nothing to do with intelligence. suprisingly he still slowed fairly often for being a paper mage. when we had a mob of orcs after us he would pretty much be the bait. like 4 sins would spike him and he still had more then half hp. i dunno its just an idea u might wnna try out.

keep in mind he was using ss+6 so he had no weapon def so this build might work with the ds..... pff i dont know

also the ice thing was long b4 the moradon patch so icing somebody was like a miracle

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

i would use a lightning staff, personally, the light damage from light blade helps out a lot with stunning priest and all classes all around

i think u can ware a chaotic staff +7, (not sure :S) and this staff has dd, and hp, it is a great for support when you need to switch to a shield and run to tp ppl in,

and do remember when ppl are stunned, they cannot town, where as when they get iced, they can...

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Look at it this way, you want to be dropping blizzards/ice comets to slow down players, and on the other hand you want to be also dropping thundercloud/stun blade, so therefore for the thundercloud and stun blade to have a much greater effect then therefore i would say go for Ron staff.