So this gearing idea..

This is a discussion on So this gearing idea.. within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; So I came back to KO since a day. Noticed a couple of differences with old and normal unique's and ...
Page: 1

Banned Senior Member

Default So this gearing idea..

So I came back to KO since a day. Noticed a couple of differences with old and normal unique's and such. Heard that old's can be compounded to a normal, but the chances are very low?

However, I heard Ardream was crowded with hackers, so I'm gonna give the new zone RLB a shot. Going to level up a char to that level range.

I was wondering if I would do any good as archer with alot dex accesoiry and well..basicly ksing stuff. Cause that's what you do as archer I suppose.

Thinking about silver earrings, kekuri rings, agility belt and agility necklace and compounding them to higher levels. It shouldn't cost TOO much and it'll give a great chunk of AP. Also going FP +8 and ofcourse better if I get the money.

Will I get like 1-shotted with all this dex accesoiry or will I be able to survive when playing smart? Should I pick some other accesoiry?

Thanks in advance!

all depends on server...

umm fp+8 in a lvl 69 zone might be ok, never tried as archer in rlb, but i'd prefer shells+7 in rlb...

as for uniques...get a bit more balanced, that build has next to no defence and if u dont want to be 1 hit i'd say try aim for this

dual old rol
    old priest pendant
    old rogue earrings (quest ears are also fine)
    old skelaton belt
    and just try get a iron bow +7 for now till you can get something better

also try give an amount of money your wanting to spend so others can help too

If u mean with playing smart towning of some1 is 1 step away from you, you wont get 1 hit. With a good duffer and some nice melee u will be 2? hit with those full ap accesoires. What slayer said is indeed much better. U could also try magic shells for now cause they give a nice mix of ac and hp. But if u have the money for fp +8 i should get shell 7 set if i were you.

If u want a nice cheaper alternative for those old rols, u can always try old shios/imir. Give some nice bonus too untill u can afford rols.

Quote Originally Posted by SSlayer View Post
    all depends on server...

umm fp+8 in a lvl 69 zone might be ok, never tried as archer in rlb, but i'd prefer shells+7 in rlb...

as for uniques...get a bit more balanced, that build has next to no defence and if u dont want to be 1 hit i'd say try aim for this

dual old rol
    old priest pendant
    old rogue earrings (quest ears are also fine)
    old skelaton belt
    and just try get a iron bow +7 for now till you can get something better

also try give an amount of money your wanting to spend so others can help too

fp +8? yeah right... but on everything else, dead on. Maybe not a skelly belt, perhaps for tanking, but not for shooting, elf belt's 10 dex is a lot of ap at 69...

RLB is where a lot of people dump their +9 shell sets and such. You're very likely to run into some very baba characters. You're going to need a chitin set +8 at least... warriors are crazy in RLB. Even if you're striving for that pure AP build, always always throw in something for balance... like, ROLs are non-negotionable, maybe a mix between rol and lego band. PP or WP, or take one of them + and keep the other as an old one... just so you can tank 3 or 4 hits and LF away to town.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goathorns View Post
    fp +8? yeah right... but on everything else, dead on. Maybe not a skelly belt, perhaps for tanking, but not for shooting, elf belt's 10 dex is a lot of ap at 69...

RLB is where a lot of people dump their +9 shell sets and such. You're very likely to run into some very baba characters. You're going to need a chitin set +8 at least... warriors are crazy in RLB. Even if you're striving for that pure AP build, always always throw in something for balance... like, ROLs are non-negotionable, maybe a mix between rol and lego band. PP or WP, or take one of them + and keep the other as an old one... just so you can tank 3 or 4 hits and LF away to town.
    Thanks for your reply.
    However I have a bad habit of sticking to my own idea's.
    A while ago I used a hp set on my priest for pvp. I had around 10k hp that day. Even though none recommended it, actually alot thought it was dumb, it worked. And very well too.

Back ontopic, how much AP does 1 point of dex give me on 69, and is there a way to calculate my amount of AP at that level with certain gear?
    You say, even when buffed, I won't be able to survive a couple of hits? Currently leveling this char in carnac west, and I suppose items are less sick there than my server before (Diez).

I'm aiming for dual kek +2, Belt of Dex +2, Silver earrings (+1 for now), Necklace of agility +2 and FP +8, won't this give me a huge chunk of AP, or am I just thinking too much?...

Banned

King of Knight - Welcome go check the char guide there, you can make your own built there.

Banned Senior Member

Thanks, would you trade around 1900AP to 1700AP on 69 for 800 to 950 DEF?
    Would you say you get 1 shotted or nearly if you have 3643 hp and 800 def at 69?

Banned

I would defenatly get more AC, but that's just me. I prefer to tank more. 200 ap is ALOT, but 1700 ap is still not bad, and you really need the ac.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatero View Post
    Thanks for your reply.
    However I have a bad habit of sticking to my own idea's.
    A while ago I used a hp set on my priest for pvp. I had around 10k hp that day. Even though none recommended it, actually alot thought it was dumb, it worked. And very well too.

I'm aiming for dual kek +2, Belt of Dex +2, Silver earrings (+1 for now), Necklace of agility +2 and FP +8, won't this give me a huge chunk of AP, or am I just thinking too much?...
    You do what you want to do man, for sure, not trying to take out any of the fun of threading your own path but...

oh man, kek rings are horrible, they got no AC on them at all. ROLs should mandatory (2x rols = 100ac and a good chunk of mana and hp, and the dex is not that bad at all), and belt of dex is not a really good belt anymore... if you really want dex build, you gotta pick from either Judicius Belt or Elf belt, which at +1 should be about the same dex, cheaper... the rest of that setup is very good, but since you are already very low ac, i would not reccomend the +16/3 earrings at all.

a judicious belt and 2xrol would balance out the resist and dex loss from switching out the +2 kek rings, and you could throw in the +16/3 earrings to get about the same if not a bit more ac for a higher dex bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Avatero View Post
    Would you say you get 1 shotted or nearly if you have 3643 hp and 800 def at 69?
    you're not going to get 1-shot, but you *are* going to find yourself looking for cover behind other people. everyone loves ganking the archers in shitty-looking gear lol

hope this helped

Extrem1st

As an archer its very important to have your items with plenty of dex. even though ur an archer AC and HP are very important, cuz RLB is usually full of people with very good gear. i would say stick with what SSlayer said to avoid being overrun.

dont get fp+8, its ac is way to low for rlb...

get chitin+8 or shells+7...

and dont get kek +2...go old rols...and either elf belt or skelly belt...

Atheist

U gotta find a balance, u wont get far with the DEX OMGZORZ idea, no one does, I didnt. . .

It'd be awesome if u could PK with Elf belt, Silver Earrings, Elf Rings And an Amulet of Dexterity, all +3, but that's far from reality, life is cruel and so r hackers, if u wanna survive out there, u gotta find a balance which variates in so many diff items that u wont get a real answer out of diff people, u gotta find ur own or u'll drive nuts, trust me, lol.

Atheist.
    Last edited by Atheist; 05-31-2010 at 11:56 AM.