Fire? Ice? Light?

This is a discussion on Fire? Ice? Light? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; I currently have a lvl 57 Fire mage. I plan to ge him as close to lvl 69 (For RLB) ...
Page: 1

Tazthespaz

Default Fire? Ice? Light?

I currently have a lvl 57 Fire mage. I plan to ge him as close to lvl 69 (For RLB) as I can with my exp sharer. I was thinking about my fire mage and i thought, Ice accesories and staffs are so damn cheap, maybe i should switch. Also, thinking about lighting support mage with a DS +7 and Holy ANiomr.

Current gear:

Glass belt
    Scorching staff +8
    Flame ring +1 x2
    EP +1
    (Working on earings)

THe problem with the ice and lighting is, I got this +8 scorching staff by luck. IT IS SUPER hard to find them and even harder for Ice and Light staffs. I was wondering what i should do really.

I am on an newer server if that helps...So yea

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Tazthespaz; 09-27-2009 at 08:36 PM.

wat server do u play mah dude?
    U seem to have decent gear. Your flame dmg will be good, but if u play a highly babashoped serever, ur mage staff atck will be weak compared to other classes cuz most will have +3 flame or +3 imirs or+3 shios. I say u go ice with +3 shios it is cheap and good dmg. U can kill a lot this way and u wont have to reply on ks methods like the way fire does. Also u can vs decently and kill most newbies.

Tazthespaz

I play on Girakon. Problem is, what do I do for a staff? I can't really get a +8 oasis staff...to hard to find. Idk what to do exactly, can someone tell me exactly what they would do if me for Fire, light and ice?

Thanks to all

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Senior Member

For rlb i would choose fire .. u can hit a lot noob rogues .. so u can ks pretty well if u dont have a party

pthawaii

Depends mainly on what you tend to do.

Solo aoe for xp = fire/ice
    Mage parties for pk = fire/ice

Melee parties for xp, or mage aoe for xp = ice or light
    Melee parties for pk = ice or light

You should be able to easily trade ur gear for some nice support gear as ice or light, cause ice gear is sooo cheap.

Personally, I think going ice is good, ds (which are all over the place) has no gr (has good fr and lr), and you will live longer than as fire mage.

gl

All I know is shield build is awesome, u can tank alot and save ur partys ass when ur outnumbered so u can win battle after all with some regoups, but dont use HA just switch from shield to staff(chaotic+7 or oasis+7 is enuff this build isnt about makeng dmg) so u can tank and slow/stun pple when needed and when ur pt is not in danger, but anyway it depends on what your friends/clan u pk with need and what classes they are. But I'd either go for attack build(stay fire) or go support(ice/light), not something in between since light/ice dmg kinda sux in rlb and u'd hit pple for 500 with ur staffskill with the items u have now

Tazthespaz

Hmm alright. So is there such thing as an Ice mage that can still kill but also slow? And also what is good for a shield mage? For both, can someone tell me the stat points I need and where. Because I could easily get Shios +2 and MAYBE even 3 if I just got an oasis staff +7 and not 8. Or something like that.

If so, please tell me what I should do for ice, it seams as if Light is a lost cause. I am very interested in Ice so thanks to all who responded.

dont make some stupid move man, you got some nice stuff and you lvl 57 wtf there is no need to reskill to other element, fire/ice is best for exp and you aim 69 thats lots of exp to do, just buy platinum premium lol as its no point exping without that

at 69 you may think about what options you have...but DS with animor rly com on, you want to be a tp machine or what?

Tazthespaz

Lol no no. I want to be an Ice Destoryer

Is there any build for good slow rate and good damage with shios or something?

mellowman

yi think you should go 160 intel, 51 str for a scorpion sheild, garp or oasis, and trade you flame rings for like +2 shios tears

Tazthespaz

I was thinking that, but i just got 24gbs (Someone quit and gave me it) sooooo now idk what to do