Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stay Fire or Go back to Ice

This is a discussion on Stay Fire or Go back to Ice within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Well i use to be Ice but switch to fire for some real damge how ever im poor as shit ...
Page: 1

peterX

Well i use to be Ice but switch to fire for some real damge
    how ever im poor as shit so i didnt really optimize my build for
    high damge simply because 1 i like complete armours too much.

So shoul di stay fire and maybe restatskill to carboard build with scroch or woe
    or go ice restat/skill and full out tank

Also on Ares

well for one whats your level, if you wanna be Support ( tank as you say ) then yeah go ice... Ice is better for xp, but when it comes to PK its Personal Preferance really..

Rai

I definitely prefer ice for the whole tank and support thing.. just depends on how you wanna pk and who you pk with so that you can kinda decide what would work best for those parties as well.

Well i use to be Ice but switch to fire for some real damge
    how ever im poor as shit so i didnt really optimize my build for
    high damge simply because 1 i like complete armours too much.

So shoul di stay fire and maybe restatskill to carboard build with scroch or woe
    or go ice restat/skill and full out tank

Also on Ares[/b]
    poor = ice.

Unless ur loaded, fire mage is stupid for PK, u'll get raped in a matter of seconds.

peterX

poor = ice.
    Unless ur loaded, fire mage is stupid for PK, u'll get raped in a matter of seconds.[/b]
    always admire ur tips and guides :P
    lol thats answer my question
    ya im lv 65 so i be needing to do some xping
    + icing will be hell fun in BDW

Da Camel Senior Member Killing spree's Avatar

+ icing will be hell fun in BDW[/b]
    im ice to, and i LOVE IT
    I think many ppl will agree on the fact that ice is 1 of the most annoying things in cz
    so thats why i'm ice, just to fuck ppl up

well for one whats your level, if you wanna be Support ( tank as you say ) then yeah go ice... Ice is better for xp, but when it comes to PK its Personal Preferance really..[/b]

I prefer doing 4.5k-5K damage on cw/fc as fire complete mage than 2K damage as ice complete mage, they don't hit back hard anyways and if you got the little bit skill thats needed to cast blizzard in time, it won't be needed to have the other ice skills.

For those who say "ice hits harder on ew". If you are full mp build yes, if not a fire mp mage will outdamage a tank ice/semi ice mage any day. (yes i have a 74 ice mage with shios +2 and personal +7 so 200 mp points) and i hit around 2-2.4k. On my fire mage where i had fr+1and fr +2 i was doing 2.6K-2.8K (but was higher lvl).

poor = ice.
    Unless ur loaded, fire mage is stupid for PK, u'll get raped in a matter of seconds.[/b]
    For akutee's post, 1K ac and 4.5K-5K hp should be enough and is pretty easy to get ... complete +7( crimson +8 even better, same ac , more hp), ac valks , iron belt, ep +1 , dual fr +1 and your almost there when fully scrolled up. This build is only good at lvl 70(5)+ so I don't recommend it for your lvl as your damage will be very low. Ofc this build comes with full mp and 160 int ... no hp points... at 80 I had 2.9k hp with that gear and some earrings i cannot remember atm.(which was low, but enough)
    gaunts + boots = 100
    pads = 100
    pauldron= 115
    helm= 75
    iron belt = 50
    ep +1= 24
    dual fr +1= 48
    lvl= 65
    ac scr = 350
    enchant= 30
    valks= 50
    Total= 1007 ac, the gear is pretty cheap except for the ib and maybe the ringss, you could get more ac with earrings tho. ( as ice mage, having 1 shio +2 and 1 rol +1 is a good choice too, damage/resists/hp/ac will be higher that way)

To sumarize , as most of you guys won't even bother to read it all:

If you are new to mage: go ice and full hp for exp and pk, low damage, slow rate will depend on your gear, but also on your way of playing ( impact , directly followed by prismatic (comet in your case) will have a much better effect than 1 of these skills seperate because they hit at the same time... to give an example)

The build i wrote: Only good for 75+ mages (as soon as you can get 200+ mp and 160 int)

If you want fire at your lvl: I suggest you go g3 build just enough int, rest mp. Your damage will be good , but your ac and hp (untill higher lvl) will be terrible. It's a very good build for exp, but a very bad one for pk unless you got godlike items. ( this is the same as what akutee said a few posts up i think.)

I hope my post was clear, as it's late and i wrote it fast.
    you don't have to agree but everything i wrote comes out of my own expierience.

good luck.

(ps:the one who posts under me will be andy, wonna bet :-D?)

AndyJH

Why not go hp build ice mage and use garp / shios(+3 ftw)

loads of hp loads of slow and good dmg

peterX

Why not go hp build ice mage and use garp / shios(+3 ftw)

loads of hp loads of slow and good dmg[/b]
    the thing bout HP build , u dont mind 'bout damege right
    + the Garp req too much MP whil something like Oasis would be fairly good and req less MP

well as u said ur only lvl 65...
    so fire on ares would be pointless since u cant rly do much dmg on that lvl and seeing as ur poor on gear...
    but for ice u dont rly need uber gear... cause most of the time u would be in the back iceing and tping ur babaz...
    and ice is also great for exp seeing as its easiest to get a aoe party if ur an ice/luring mage ^_^

so i would go for ice... u can allways reskill back to fire when u hit 72/75/80... and farm some 1337 items :wub:

peterX

Ya that true, i keep forgeting i need
    lv + the base MP to do some GOOD damge
    is it 200 MP + afterward is when the damege starts to change dramaticaly?

the thing bout HP build , u dont mind 'bout damege right
    + the Garp req too much MP whil something like Oasis would be fairly good and req less MP[/b]
    glacier erenion is the best support staff there is

+ icing will be hell fun in BDW[/b]
    :P tnx.

Yeah for bdw, definately go ice. Being able to stay alive, cast good TP's, and slow the opponent will be much more beneficial to the party than doing high damage, yet getting killed in a matter of seconds. A lotta people get mad at mages being paper for bdw, since unless u have good gears, they really are useless. Also for exping, 99% of aoe parties need an ice mage, so it'll be pretty easy for you to start some aoe parties, or join one ^^

Oh yeah, (not sure if its fixed yet) but in bdw u couldnt cure back when i still played, so ice would be wayyyyy good ^^

About the staff, go get an oasis staff imo. It gives a bit of HP, some DD, and decent AP/elemental, which is important, since you are still exping..... higher damage = faster exp :P. For PKing as an ice mage, AP is good, but not that neccesary, but for EXPing, it makes a diff (especially for AOE EW parties :P)

Banned

:P tnx.

Yeah for bdw, definately go ice. Being able to stay alive, cast good TP's, and slow the opponent will be much more beneficial to the party than doing high damage, yet getting killed in a matter of seconds. A lotta people get mad at mages being paper for bdw, since unless u have good gears, they really are useless. Also for exping, 99% of aoe parties need an ice mage, so it'll be pretty easy for you to start some aoe parties, or join one ^^

Oh yeah, (not sure if its fixed yet) but in bdw u couldnt cure back when i still played, so ice would be wayyyyy good ^^
    About the staff, go get an oasis staff imo. It gives a bit of HP, some DD, and decent AP/elemental, which is important, since you are still exping..... higher damage = faster exp :P. For PKing as an ice mage, AP is good, but not that neccesary, but for EXPing, it makes a diff (especially for AOE EW parties :P)[/b]
    Ap is important in pking as an ice mage, cause if you have under 100ap you hit like 300- with ice blade. If you get over 100 ap, Ice blade gets like power boosted and you can hit for over 400...And yeah like akutee said you cant cure in bdw so ice is pretty useful, especially with frostbite.....

(I remember getting pissed really hard at some mages that kept castin it on me) :P

Ap is important in pking as an ice mage, cause if you have under 100ap you hit like 300- with ice blade. If you get over 100 ap, Ice blade gets like power boosted and you can hit for over 400...And yeah like akutee said you cant cure in bdw so ice is pretty useful, especially with frostbite.....

(I remember getting pissed really hard at some mages that kept castin it on me) :P[/b]
    well yeah, but i was just comparing ice-tank mage with cardboard fire mage, since those were the 2 that he asked abotu xD

u noop!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast