stone splitter+8 vs smite+7

This is a discussion on stone splitter+8 vs smite+7 within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; i would like to hear some opinions about stone splitter vs smite hammer . Mainly for an rlb priest. Tbh ...
Page: 1

from the only place where u'll be able to listen the true Minimal

Default stone splitter+8 vs smite+7

i would like to hear some opinions about stone splitter vs smite hammer .
    Mainly for an rlb priest.

Tbh i do no really understand why stone splitter is so much cheaper ( at least in my server, splitter+8 costs 2x or 3x less than smite+7 price 0_o) since it has pretty nice bonus.
    At +8 (if i remember right) it gives: 15 club def, 35flame res,35 ice res, 35magic res and just -120 hp curse. And even if at +7, it is still cool.
    And imo, it seems to be a good club to use in combo with a dread shield that lacks both of ice res and club defence.

Moreover just consider that in the newer servers, since the upgrade of smites is still bugged, finding a smite+7 is not so common and it gives ya just some hp and mana bonus.

I mean, paying 400-450m for a smite +7 (vs 200m max of stone splitter+8 ) for having a bit more hp and mana is really worse?
    Wihout considering that u can conuter the hp lost with the splitter just wearin a wing obtained by mining (so for free)

Well i'm in love with Lycaon hammer but it as well as holyanimor cost almost 10gb on my server.
    The price difference is really huge, and i can buy many other things with the rest of money.
    Why stone splitter is so underrated?

I think it`s pretty much connected to the fact, that ~68 (if I remember correctly) is the first levels you can equip a fp-battlepriest with a (2h-)weap (enough str.. ) . You miss hp and that`s exactly what the stone splitter takes away. Mages again are not so much of a problem in rlb in ares at least (0.1%?). For int-priests this leaves club-def vs HP of Smite or AC+HP+resists + repel (working or not..) on HA.

So that`s why ppl prob prefer the smite hammer for a 1-h-bp-setup which is only hitting considerably hard with helis and a much higher level anyways. And Stone Splitter has a str-requirement too which makes int-priests jump on other maces.

Ares: Smite +7 (250m)
    Stone Splitter +8 (450m, only saw it once in a long while)
    HA +6 - +7 (500-800m, some HA+7 are cheaper than other HA+6)

just my 2 cents whatsoever. So for 200m I would pick Stone Splitter for sure too :-P

lol it's hilarious how prices are different from server to server and i agree with you.
    btw..ston splitter + 8 needs jsut 92 str. that's just 2 point more than the 90 str needed for dread shield+7.

Banned

dude stone is so much better +7 stone over >+8 lobo imo the club def is amazing get the stone !! i use stone and ds for rlb

well, since the HB is a fking good weapon and rlb is nicely infested by bp/warrios using it, having an extra 15 clb def wouldn't be bad 4 sure :P
    Especially if u think of a combo like: in,glass, chitin pauldron club + stone spltt+8; lol u wear smthing like 55 club def that's more than a talia :P
    ye i keep using stone and well i'm loving it XD

Quote Originally Posted by jesseblue View Post
    I think it`s pretty much connected to the fact, that ~68 (if I remember correctly) is the first levels you can equip a fp-battlepriest with a (2h-)weap (enough str.. ) . Y:-P
    didnt read the rest but nope thats completely false my friend was an int tank bp in ard with stone splitter 8 and fp 8/9 str and he did amazing

ive done this before with smite hammer, well this was actualy before stone splitter existed and i did awesome. but not that stone splitter out i think it is an awesome option to go with, the bonuses are awesome, its much much cheaper then smite on any server even at +8. so you could get a great weapon and save money to use on better items to increae stats further.

hope that helps