Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Stun % with LR MAGE???

This is a discussion on Stun % with LR MAGE??? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; I know it is one of the misteries of KO, but I currently just switched from a Fire mage to ...
Page: 1

Tazthespaz

Default Stun % with LR MAGE???

I know it is one of the misteries of KO, but I currently just switched from a Fire mage to a LR support mage.

Build: 160 INT, 118 MP, 90 STR, 54HP (lvl 63 PLAT PREM WORKING ON LVLING) 62 light, 45 ice, 1 master.

Items :

Chaotic staff +8
    Dread Shield +7
    Glass belt
    EP +1
    Bronze earing +2
    Agate earing +1
    Imir ring +0
    ROC
    Full +7 complete + DD helm

Now of course, what your wondering is why don't I have duel imir rings or at least +1s? Well, I'm working on selling my ii +8 and other things, and if i'm lucky, i will have JUST enough for duel +2 imir rings. I just switched today, so those are the only rings I had.

Anyway, my sharer logged on his rogue so that we could test our stun rate even though we don't have rings. And with our Chaotic +8, it was a pathetic amount. Like 1 time every 20 staff hits or so. (This is WITHOUT MAGIC SHIELD!!!)

I was wondering if the Imir rings will really help that much once I get them? And what else might effect it?

ALSO, wondering what the best stun skill is AND IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO STUN WITH ANY SKILL WITH MY DREAD SHIELD ON!?!?!?

Thanks in advance!

Raoul

my advice is to give ice a try... yes everyone wants to stun hardcore... but in my opinion you will be more useful and have better success with ice because the success rate for slowing is way higher than stunning... especially at those levels... Imir will definitely help with this issue... but I think it is also an issue of levels, when you get more levels things will get better. In my opinion, shio is a crapload cheaper.. and ice is better for this ordeal at this level... the reason ppl do lr later on is for blink... which helps when getting away and staying alive to support the party... meh.. your call... w.e. you do have fun. It is a game!

it also depend on ur friend rogue items and no one actually can give u a stun % rate

Tazthespaz

I guess maybe what I'm asking, is there anything that people know of that helps stun %? And also, when I get my Imir's +2, do you think that will help a ton or no?

Thanks for the replies

YourCorpse

Stun rate on blade is really low. On my light mage when somebody ran at me I'd orb, thorn and impact, and one of them would usually stun him for sure. I used to fight my friend on his char and he had much better gear, I'd orb thorn and impact, he'd stun I'd blade him a while and then he'd die. I'd never go ice unless I had a good clan to pk with that needed an icer.

Well get rid of your chaotic, those suck. Pick up an Elysium 8. Dual imirs, get rid of your shield, put the difference into mp until 180 or so ... If you want to stun. Do that. Very high stun rate with a player who doesn't have much lr.

Tazthespaz

4Spit, As I said I wanted to be a SUPPORT LR mage, not one that can kill. I need the shield for not dying and TPing party members. As for the Chaotic, it is great with high elemental dmg and also fits my build perfectly considering I have 118 MP and it uses 118 MP. But thanks for the advice everyone!

WNxPwnStar

dnt even consider imirs if ur support get RoLs and get urself a cane thingys k2 was giving out u can blade with those and lvl 42 blade skills are crap it will work out better for u at 72+...I recall my friend Riley being a kickass light support mage but he was in crystal armor i think

Ok...then what you need is an oasis...but really in reality don't use a staff...get a club and cast with that...don't need any blades either. Basically go ice...lightning Is basically good for attacking, the only support in it is 62 skill and stunning the priest if they can be stunned...ice all the way as support...don't need staff as ice support because the ice effect only lasts for a few seconds...where blizzard lasts for 15 I think...and yes roms or rols...no imirs or shio's

Tazthespaz

Well to be honest, I have already committed a lot of my money to Light. I am hearing what you are saying about the whole ICE support and I am likeing the idea, I just don't know if I can change AGAIN! I would like to be a suport LIGHTING MAGE With good stunning so I can stun the priests as noted before. I would like to know the best skills to STUN WITH MY DREAD SHIELD on and WITHOUT. Thanks for allll the advise

Impossible when you have your dread on...if you want to keep it on...best sit back and cast novas...but that's ice again lol. You would need to take off your shield to stun.

Tazthespaz

So really I'm screwed is what you are all saying and I should go ICE even though I really can't?

HOW CAN I SALVAGE WHAT I HAVE ALREADY MESSED UP ??

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazthespaz View Post
    So really I'm screwed is what you are all saying and I should go ICE even though I really can't?

HOW CAN I SALVAGE WHAT I HAVE ALREADY MESSED UP ??

ice is cheaper than light amd all u need to do is sell those imirs+2 with that u can buy shio +3 then sell chaotic and buy oasis u would still have money left over im sure

Don't even need a staff as support as stated before...sell staff get a decent club..sell rings and get rols ... And ur set man! Ice support rocks!

its true ice is cheaper and u can posibly get similar amount of kills with it. I on the other hand neevr played as ice mage and never wil. That is beyond suport and it seeems worthles for me as mage. Ice looks like crap for me, and most rouges town instantly when they are iced, when people are stuned i dont think they can town as fast. Also when having 8v8 batles with a good clan and when mages need to cancel out preists and stun them, lr is more useful than ice.
    Lr causes more laqq as well expecialy the light blade and the thunder burst. Stay lr dont go ice. No need to go ice. Most ice mages always im probaly 100% sure feel jealous of a good lr mage. Lr mages have more presense and other people feel more threatened by them.

Forgot to mention: Do not be swayed by other people's opinions so hastily; remember in the end, it all comes down to what u prefer and what u enjoy. Ur first instincts usually are good to follow.

I on the other hand run around wiht lycoan+11 rebirth in ardream so haha im not scraed of any1, but yea u do what u think is best.

You asked stun rate? Well i kno this to be a fact: if ur oponent has low resist to LR they will be stunned very frequently. Resist to elementals impact the dmg done and stun rate by a mage.

ooo it seems like this is ur first time switching to lr? Then learn to combo. MOst fire mages are newbies becuse all they ever do is slide. Learn to combo. Lr mage that cannot combo will neevr be useful. U will not stun as frequently and or kill.

Kirox newbie this is Repulsion from diez lolz Where did u go neevr saw u mage again.
    Last edited by Electr1c; 10-15-2009 at 11:00 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast