Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

suggest some improvements

This is a discussion on suggest some improvements within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; If you stay paper I'd work on being a 1 handed BP (hanguk / CS / PS / Dread) your ...
Page: 2

If you stay paper I'd work on being a 1 handed BP (hanguk / CS / PS / Dread) your ap will hit 2200+ no problems anyway and you get a much needed AC boost

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

There's no middle point. Either you go full AP as paper BP, or go chitin +8 for full AC. Your AP won't be much lower than what you have now.

Paper HP build is not as effective as a chitin build. Why? The HP Pots of 720 and the 1920 heal will always stay the same. So, let's say one person has 1000 ac and 5000 hp, and another one has 600 ac and 8000 hp. Now, the damage on the 2nd person will be higher than the one done to the 1st, due to the AC. So, whenever you use a heal or a pottion, it is more effective if you have higher AC.
    1st Person:
    Gets 2 hits of 300 for each potion of 720 : Can outpot the damage for over 120.
    2nd Person:
    Gets 2 hits of 500 for each potion of 720 : Can't outpot the damage.

So, the best you can do is actually kill them before they kill you, thus the need of high damage.

Also, as a chitin BP, by just tanking it was rather impossible for me to defeat other BPs who had full str (2600+ AP). Why? Because my main strenght against regular BPs was that my MP was huge compared to theirs, thus varely had to use any Soul potion during the fight. THAT is a huge factor. But, due to their huge AP, they didn't needed to use many MP pots either.

Biggest difference: When fighting other classes and being outnumbered, it is far easier to tank as Chitin/FP+9 than as Paper, because of the HP part and the effect of pots and heals mentioned above.

So, I'd say either stay as Paper, boost your AP by tons and stick to playing hit and run, or go for Chitin+8 and learn to play in team aswell as tanking... will require a really good combo to kill on your own tho.

Also, that's what forgot to mention. When being Chitin BP, if you know what items to get, is really easy to switch from support priest to attack priest, wich makes it all the more fun.

There's no middle point. Either you go full AP as paper BP, or go chitin +8 for full AC. Your AP won't be much lower than what you have now.

Paper HP build is not as effective as a chitin build. Why? The HP Pots of 720 and the 1920 heal will always stay the same. So, let's say one person has 1000 ac and 5000 hp, and another one has 600 ac and 8000 hp. Now, the damage on the 2nd person will be higher than the one done to the 1st, due to the AC. So, whenever you use a heal or a pottion, it is more effective if you have higher AC.
    1st Person:
    2nd Person:
    Gets 2 hits of 500 for each potion of 720 : Can't outpot the damage.

So, the best you can do is actually kill them before they kill you, thus the need of high damage.

Also, as a chitin BP, by just tanking it was rather impossible for me to defeat other BPs who had full str (2600+ AP). Why? Because my main strenght against regular BPs was that my MP was huge compared to theirs, thus varely had to use any Soul potion during the fight. THAT is a huge factor. But, due to their huge AP, they didn't needed to use many MP pots either.

Biggest difference: When fighting other classes and being outnumbered, it is far easier to tank as Chitin/FP+9 than as Paper, because of the HP part and the effect of pots and heals mentioned above.

So, I'd say either stay as Paper, boost your AP by tons and stick to playing hit and run, or go for Chitin+8 and learn to play in team aswell as tanking... will require a really good combo to kill on your own tho.

Also, that's what forgot to mention. When being Chitin BP, if you know what items to get, is really easy to switch from support priest to attack priest, wich makes it all the more fun.[/b]
    Nice post. I think this is what the topic starter needed.
    My dream is a chitin8 bp with hb8, but i think i will never be able to make one bacause my warrior<3 and my university (Im in the final year <_< ) and i think i wont have enough IG money for IB,IN and HB8 (and im not a babashopper because of my ethics ) So it will be my dream, maybe i will able to make it true after my first million of euros :lol:

TunaFishyMe

so remember that guy who&#39;s birthday is like 4 times mine when i was old? 23!!

Vaako

There&#39;s no middle point. Either you go full AP as paper BP, or go chitin +8 for full AC. Your AP won&#39;t be much lower than what you have now.

Paper HP build is not as effective as a chitin build. Why? The HP Pots of 720 and the 1920 heal will always stay the same. So, let&#39;s say one person has 1000 ac and 5000 hp, and another one has 600 ac and 8000 hp. Now, the damage on the 2nd person will be higher than the one done to the 1st, due to the AC. So, whenever you use a heal or a pottion, it is more effective if you have higher AC.
    1st Person:
    2nd Person:
    Gets 2 hits of 500 for each potion of 720 : Can&#39;t outpot the damage.

Also, as a chitin BP, by just tanking it was rather impossible for me to defeat other BPs who had full str (2600+ AP). Why? Because my main strenght against regular BPs was that my MP was huge compared to theirs, thus varely had to use any Soul potion during the fight. THAT is a huge factor. But, due to their huge AP, they didn&#39;t needed to use many MP pots either.

So, I&#39;d say either stay as Paper, boost your AP by tons and stick to playing hit and run, or go for Chitin+8 and learn to play in team aswell as tanking... will require a really good combo to kill on your own tho.

Also, that&#39;s what forgot to mention. When being Chitin BP, if you know what items to get, is really easy to switch from support priest to attack priest, wich makes it all the more fun.[/b]
    Thx, that will help me alot.

And if u can help out with the bolded part it will be even better

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

I haven&#39;t played since before the Moradon Expansion patch so no idea what jewelry is the best now a days.

For me, a ROL and a ROC was the ideal as far as rings.

As to armors, best to have would be both sets of Chitin+8, STR and HP, so you can switch them according to what you need to play as. But, one thing you can do is get STR chitins only, and for each piece of STR armor you get add 15 to Health and reduce 15 to Strenght, as long as it is no less than the requirement for your weapon. The objective would be to reach over 100hp to gain the extra AC boost. Would reduce your max AP in exchange of more life/ac. Obviously, get as many usefull Weapon Defense armors that you can. Mainly DD, SD, AD and CD.

Also, there&#39;s 4 things at least you need. A 1H attack weapon, a 1H support weapon (lycaon is the best), a good Shield with weapon defense and a 2H attack weapon. If you get a Smite Hammer that works for the 1st two. If you can get other shields, such as a SS, or DD, it&#39;d do a lot of healp if you know how to switch.

IN and IB obviously, altho a WP+2/3 > IN+0 imo. As to earrings, I think there are some new ones that mix a WE with a SSE or something among the lines.

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

I haven&#39;t played since before the Moradon Expansion patch so no idea what jewelry is the best now a days.

For me, a ROL and a ROC was the ideal as far as rings.

As to armors, best to have would be both sets of Chitin+8, STR and HP, so you can switch them according to what you need to play as. But, one thing you can do is get STR chitins only, and for each piece of STR armor you get add 15 to Health and reduce 15 to Strenght, as long as it is no less than the requirement for your weapon. The objective would be to reach over 100hp to gain the extra AC boost. Would reduce your max AP in exchange of more life/ac. Obviously, get as many usefull Weapon Defense armors that you can. Mainly DD, SD, AD and CD.

Also, there&#39;s 4 things at least you need. A 1H attack weapon, a 1H support weapon (lycaon is the best), a good Shield with weapon defense and a 2H attack weapon. If you get a Smite Hammer that works for the 1st two. If you can get other shields, such as a SS, or DD, it&#39;d do a lot of healp if you know how to switch.

IN and IB obviously, altho a WP+2/3 > IN+0 imo. As to earrings, I think there are some new ones that mix a WE with a SSE or something among the lines.[/b]
    lilimes enticements are the best earrings for a priest, and imo, gogo iron neck,
    use legionaire band and roc ( legionaire band for resist imo, so dont need 2 sacrifice weapon defense to get a wp for extra resist) iron belt or glass belt ( i like glass for extra mana <3)
    also get weapon defense, its what will make you a tank, the less damage you take, the better and longer you will live

since u said you were 75, go 60 heal/ 60 debuff 12 master,

always always have partyheal, you can NEVER have enough partyhealers in a pk party

and lastly, have fun

Vaako

guys thx for the answers and for the help
    Ill spend some of the gbs to get u guys some beers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12