Suggestion for RLB fire/ice mage - setup and staff

This is a discussion on Suggestion for RLB fire/ice mage - setup and staff within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; A friend of mine is going to buy and play a mage lvl 69 so, he is going to pk ...
Page: 1

7t7t7t

A friend of mine is going to buy and play a mage lvl 69 so, he is going to pk in RLB.

From what he told me he wants to skill the mage as FIRE/ICE

Jewels included in the character:

dual FR+0
    skele belt+0
    warrior earring+0

The question is..what armor/weapon he should use and wich jewels should he focus on?

Server: Pathos

P.S. About his budget..well it's quite limited. So...let's say a basic but decent setup ( if u can add an average price of the items he needs / should buy..it can be really nice.)

Tnx for all answers.

A friend of mine is going to buy and play a mage lvl 69 so, he is going to pk in RLB.

From what he told me he wants to skill the mage as FIRE/ICE

Jewels included in the character:

dual FR+0
    skele belt+0
    warrior earring+0
    The question is..what armor/weapon he should use and wich jewels should he focus on?
    Server: Pathos

P.S. About his budget..well it's quite limited. So...let's say a basic but decent setup ( if u can add an average price of the items he needs / should buy..it can be really nice.)
    Tnx for all answers.[/b]
    hellblood +7
    crimson +8 or completes +7 whichever one u can afford
    EP +0 for neck..

WEs -> LKPs (they are cheaper and better :P)
    get EP +0
    HellBlood +7
    shells +7/chitins +8
    chitin def set +7 or at least helmet, boots & pauldron (got pauldron for sell if u want xD)
    after u get this, try to get Glass Belt

and later work on the rest of uniques (FRs +1 > EP +1 > LKPs +1 or some SSE/WSE +1)

thibaultcam

+1 to cizia

but u can also take another setup if u like to do more dmg and got good priests to back u up
    that would be the 112 int build with scorching+7/8 and linen set+8
    friend of mine used it and he made 500+ elemental dmg on rogues(frs+1 tho) and with good party that extra dmg becomes very usefull, if ur pking with noobs then go with the crimson/shell8 build for sure

uniques stay same for both builds ofc(see cizias post)

andreh88

Can tell you what i had on my mage (not really great items but a cheap and really effective build imo)
    I had LKP +1 dual, RoM +1 and a FR (but i would guess if u got 160 int build then go for dual fr +1\2)
    EP+0 light belt of life, lycaon staff +7, and tier 1 mage paper armor...
    If you\ure friend is playing on 1 of the old servers, then this build would be pretty useless...

But for me on CW i beat 2 rouges vs me solo with this build (talia talia talia.........) And as a paper mage that is pretty solid...
    But if you go for 160 int build, then hf with tping people... Because that is basicly all youre gonna be able too do, unless you have ALOT of money for great items like a fulitol +7\8 and iron set, FR +2 etc....

Too put it more short, eigther go FULL attack or go FULL defence, if you go fire\ice then the best thing IMO is too go full attack..
    Because mages aint meant too be tanking anyway, and people wont be able too kill you when they die first right?
    my 2 cents GL