Support dcz mage

This is a discussion on Support dcz mage within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; What built is best for dcz mage? Not really good geared though. How many points on ice / light ? ...
Page: 1

What built is best for dcz mage? Not really good geared though.

How many points on ice / light ?

And which staff should I get ? Got about 200m to spend, server is CW.

And also which skills should rly be in main skillbar?

No response?

i'll try to give u a little help, for support mage go 51ice/48light (for 80lr spell) or 54ice/45light (for better ac spell) - i personally prefer the second build, cuz i have never been pking scrolled and the AC spell is quite useful, since u can get far buff, but not far ac... and priests are not always around... also its usefull against townspikers when looking for party at town (especially as mage at orc side)... 50 lr u get is imho still good, anyway, probably only time when i was using lr instead of ice resist was, when sanctis was on (i think subrevuelo will be the one u'll be using it against as orc )

for support mage, i suggest glacier erenion +7, cuz its said to have best icing rate (due to high ice elemental bonus) however the blading ice rate is lower than elixir +7, due to lower staff ap, BUT it gives you 11 health bonus and 50 fr bonus is useful too, ge +7 has also lower mp requirements than elixir, so u can put spare points into health

for stats - 160 int (for crimsons +7), mana power for staff and armors and rest to health (can put one point into str, for scorpion shield +0 (costs like 90mil at c-w atm))

and my skill bars:

F1:

1. Ice blast
    2. Frostbite
    3. Ice comet
    4. tp
    5. hp pot
    6. mana
    7. free (or gate)
    8. gate

F2:

1. lightning blade
    2. ice blade
    3. specter of ice (or some pot, doesnt matter much, cuz ur not supposed to vs)
    4.-8. same as before

F4:

1. lvl 33 lightning aoe
    2. blizzard
    3. thundercloud
    4.-8. same as before

F5:

1. ice barrier
    2. gr
    3. lr
    4.-8. same as before

you need AT LEAST

Stats & Skills

i prefer 54 light / 45 ice
    54 for light thorn
    35 for impact wich attack increadebaly from far

STR : 51 (SS+0 OR make yourself Small Shield +6 (REDUCED) 6x AC)
    INT : 160
    MP : REquirement for your staff
    HP : REST

Items

crimson +7/HP set
    Staff (i dont what you can afford but LE/Elixir and caotic are great)
    Crimson DD when you can

Skill Bar

you try use f1 - f4

on each i use (make it easier to remember and natural)
    1 - HP pot
    7 - MP pot
    8- Tp

f1 attack from far

2 light impact
    3 light thorn
    4 discharcge
    5 51 light
    6 18 light (spammable)

f2 blade and aoe

2 light blade
    3 ice blade
    4 ice ape 45
    5 light aoe 45
    6 light aoe 33

f3 resist and gate

2 LR
    3 GR
    4 ice deff
    5 i dont remember
    6 GATE

f4 scrolls and stuff

Playing mage

in team play party
    You relax, try to stand to others
    always look arround (map, kills(coordinates), players)
    always look CHAT and party bar : prepare for tp tp when they about to die

soloing (when you walk alone to other base)
    try always have a melee with you
    if you attemp vs or kill try ice and look if others are not comming behind
    you can run on side and tp party..

Well good luck

he said he's going support mage... what are his 45+ light skills good for ? recovering hp by thorn ? c'mon... stun rate is low anyway, you need good staff like elixir or chaotic (le sucks), and these staffs are NOT for support mages, no hp bonus and u need to put more points into mp for them (=> less points in hp)... with exeption for chaotic staff, but he doesnt have money for it, you wouldnt even have ice comet (lvl 51), which is along with the frost bite one of the best freezing spell
    ice rate is much higher, imho also much more usefull in pk and you get the 80 gr resist spell, which is the one you'll be giving all the time (and you can still use lightning blade or 33 aoe spell to cancel priests heals)

and tp skill on 8 ? you're not rogue to play with both hands on keyboard, put it somewhere with fast access (preferably 1-4), cuz that's skill you must be always ready to use

Thx for the answers, U guys got me doubting a lil though:P
    But I still have plenty of time to decide, my mage isn't 55+ yet. And I haven't decided which staff i'm gonna buy. But one thing is certain i'm not going above 200m :P

51 ice/48 lighting. Lycaon hammer +dread shield = tanking 20 ppl kkthxbb

Now seriously 51ice/48lighting ge+7 ss +0 and thats all i think because ur budget is tiny :XD
    Btw as for stats go and bug crimsons +7 so that would be 160 int, mp for staff rest into hp thats the cheapest and best support build.

Alibaba85

i'll try to give u a little help, for support mage go 51ice/48light (for 80lr spell) or 54ice/45light (for better ac spell) - i personally prefer the second build, cuz i have never been pking scrolled and the AC spell is quite useful, since u can get far buff, but not far ac... and priests are not always around... also its usefull against townspikers when looking for party at town (especially as mage at orc side)... 50 lr u get is imho still good, anyway, probably only time when i was using lr instead of ice resist was, when sanctis was on (i think subrevuelo will be the one u'll be using it against as orc )

for support mage, i suggest glacier erenion +7, cuz its said to have best icing rate (due to high ice elemental bonus) however the blading ice rate is lower than elixir +7, due to lower staff ap, BUT it gives you 11 health bonus and 50 fr bonus is useful too, ge +7 has also lower mp requirements than elixir, so u can put spare points into health

for stats - 160 int (for crimsons +7), mana power for staff and armors and rest to health (can put one point into str, for scorpion shield +0 (costs like 90mil at c-w atm))

and my skill bars:

F1:

1. Ice blast
    2. Frostbite
    3. Ice comet
    4. tp
    5. hp pot
    6. mana
    7. free (or gate)
    8. gate

F2:

1. lightning blade
    2. ice blade
    3. specter of ice (or some pot, doesnt matter much, cuz ur not supposed to vs)
    4.-8. same as before

F4:

1. lvl 33 lightning aoe
    2. blizzard
    3. thundercloud
    4.-8. same as before

F5:

1. ice barrier
    2. gr
    3. lr
    4.-8. same as before[/b]
    eh, i know Grec....... and he's 100% right on Belg.... take his advice.

in pk mode tho.....i keep my tp on right click. when im solo or vsing i keep my souls on right click. I set my bars totally different cuz i pinky spam my hp's off of the 1 slot on every bar. but mess around with the set ups and get one that feels comfy to ya.