Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Support mage q's

This is a discussion on Support mage q's within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; OK, I've decided to make my mage a bdw / RLB only character. It's going to be support class so ...
Page: 1

OK, I've decided to make my mage a bdw / RLB only character. It's going to be support class so I'm not bothered about damage. My interests are surviving for a long time, stunning & slowing lots but obviouisly with high ac, hp and wep defs.

I have some questions as I can't play mage v.well and not sure about items. I've thought about following builds

Uniques: (same in both builds)
    IMIRS+3
    IB+0
    EP2/3 or IN+0 ?
    LKP's+0

Armours / Weps:
    Completes+8/15HP
    G3 DD Helmet

N.B - Staff chosen because of low INT / MP requirements

Glacier Erenion+8
    Chaotic Staff +8

Build 1:
    160 INT
    122/124MP (w/e for the staffs)
    91 STR (for dread shield)
    REST HP (think it's 81)

Build 2:
    160 INT
    122/124MP (w/e for staffs)
    51 STR (ss, can't afford cs)
    REST HP

Questions :
    1 - Which build would you choose and why?
    2 - Is it a wise build, I've chosen IMIRS because I want to stun more the slow rate with ice is already ridiculously high anyway
    3 - Any other builds can be suggested?

Go build 2...NEVER use build 1 91 str for dread shield is too much of a waste thats way too many points that can go to hp...better find weapon defense shields with low str requirements(try look for wooden shields with 51-60str) they got decent ac and enough weapon defense but some are expensive. Also chaotic+8 only needs 118 mp for me its best light support mage staff, i wouldnt agree on the imirs if you want to be support tho, although honestly im not sure if they will increase your stun. I would suggest forgetting complete build and go crystals i am atm 144 int 118mp rest hp light support mage and it works perfect i barely get killed iwth the right items this is the perfect support build altho i got 71 str for cs+4.

when servers come back up ill double check my stats:
    164 INT
    118 MP
    171 HP (i think)

Im only using +8 Personal Pole / +7 shell set / Glass Belt / Dual SSE / EP +1 / Dual ROL and i get 1200 ac 7018 hp (2k sc) and like 8200 hp on undy

huh

with those items, complete build isnt enough?

and yes check stats for items 164 and other stuff got upped a little

i would go build 2, you enough nice items dont need 91str, just get spear boots and you up to go

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

Go build 2...NEVER use build 1 91 str for dread shield is too much of a waste thats way too many points that can go to hp...better find weapon defense shields with low str requirements(try look for wooden shields with 51-60str) they got decent ac and enough weapon defense but some are expensive. Also chaotic+8 only needs 118 mp for me its best light support mage staff, i wouldnt agree on the imirs if you want to be support tho, although honestly im not sure if they will increase your stun. I would suggest forgetting complete build and go crystals i am atm 144 int 118mp rest hp light support mage and it works perfect i barely get killed iwth the right items this is the perfect support build altho i got 71 str for cs+4.[/b]
    idk what your talking about, but 90 str points into str is WORTH the ds lol... i love it, and personally if your on a new server, their isn't anything better unless u can get a gab shield and put 91 points into str, and IF your on a newer server, it is a big plus to go complete build so you can ware the weapon defense as ppl on older servers have the better weapon defense which some of them dont understand how ppl on newer servers feel :'(, i really wish they never did take out the rare weapon defense armors its a huge advantage for older servers to go different builds

Imirs should improve stun rate, as stun rate is determined by elemental + staff ap. I'm not sure what factor INT plays in this. I'd have thought sacrificing around ~5-600 hp to gain 300-400ac with some wep defs would still be better but then again it's why I'm asking this question. I wanted the complete build for the higher ac, I've never played support mage before I sorta play it in bdw at the moment just wanted to try and improve it.

Imho 1st option... if u want to be support only, I don't know why r u wondering... oh and DS requires 90 not 91 str

get chatoic staff

imho ep +3 > in (but more expensive)

and get a fll chitin def set

ur dmg gonna b big anyway ^^ imirs +3 <3

Imho 1st option... if u want to be support only, I don&#39;t know why r u wondering... oh and DS requires 90 not 91 str

get chatoic staff

imho ep +3 > in (but more expensive)

and get a fll chitin def set

ur dmg gonna b big anyway ^^ imirs +3 <3[/b]
    The 91 was for gabs shield not dread. Miss type
    Thanks, I&#39;m happy to try either build, just wanted some advice.

I would go SS imo, i like HP!

all you need to do is start crapping money now for Imir3&#39;s

hmmm, go build 2 - 51 str, gain around 80ac + 1400hp

go build1 - 91str, gain 200ac + 900hp + shiloads of wep defs + resists

Think that&#39;s already decided then, ac > hp. Not to mention adding to str, should increase the dmg with light blade from my staff

iron neck +3 is more expensive. but why go ep +3 why not go for wp +3 has better bonus, more resist against lr, gr and fr.

go for string of skulls as belt, dual sse, dual rols as support or dual rings of which ever class mage element you go.

complete set is best more ac go enough int and mp for u to wear the armor and staff and later al too HP HP HP and get a cs0

iron neck +3 is more expensive. but why go ep +3 why not go for wp +3 has better bonus, more resist against lr, gr and fr.

go for string of skulls as belt, dual sse, dual rols as support or dual rings of which ever class mage element you go.

complete set is best more ac go enough int and mp for u to wear the armor and staff and later al too HP HP HP and get a cs0 [/b]
    we r comparing ep +2/3 with IN not in +3 xD WP is good too, but u&#39;ll loose hp

why you will get imir rings and you are glacier .. (imir is for light)

if you want only survive then go for dual rol +2/+3...

if you will chose imirs go for glacier/light with rons staff, and you can slow glacier skills and stun + have great dmg with light skills (staff skill will really own)

you can try with crystal set +9.. is good too

why you will get imir rings and you are glacier .. (imir is for light)

if you want only survive then go for dual rol +2/+3...

if you will chose imirs go for glacier/light with rons staff, and you can slow glacier skills and stun + have great dmg with light skills (staff skill will really own)

you can try with crystal set +9.. is good too[/b]
    Re-read my opening statement. I chose the IMIRS, because the slow rate with ice is already high enough and I wanted to stun more aswell (ice works for everyone and lr for the low resist bitches). So I chosen imirs over shios. Slow can be cured, stun cannot.

I don&#39;t want to have great dmg with light staff, my only aim is to slow the party. Run in and support / tp / stun the people to be killed etc.

As for crystal 9, it&#39;s a good boost in stats, but how much AC loss would it be, I don&#39;t know mage stats.

EDIT - I&#39;ve looked up stats, I&#39;d lose about 40ac going crystals + and gain great HP. Except I&#39;m going to be using the Chitin Def armours, so I need 160 INT for the pauldron (unless I use talias)

i dont know if imirs givin you more stun rate, but go with it + rons staff +8 .. now u can stun and slow.

u are from diez ? (sig) go for rare weampon deff. if u not idk what u gona do .. i will chose crystal set, becoause u have 15 extra hp for 40 deff, and your deff gona be high

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    08-10-2012, 03:00 PM