Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Support mage q's

This is a discussion on Support mage q's within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Just curious on this.. Why use a WP > EP on mage? Does it give somthing better?[/b] A slowed/stunned mage ...
Page: 3

Just curious on this.. Why use a WP > EP on mage? Does it give somthing better?[/b]
    A slowed/stunned mage is a useless mage imo.

Nik, I've played on Xig long time a mage so therefore I know what fits me best. You rather have HP, I'm more someone who prefers defense/resists. I'd pick a WP+2 anytime over a EP +2.

Its all up to yourself. Whats best for one, isnt always the best for another.

cuz u had a CS.... and I guess some FP def parts, which puggy doesn't have...[/b]
    My CS was +7 to use a lacyoan hammer +6 with it. Even with cs and lacyoan, Id still picked out a WP to have even more resists. I sure as hell hated to be slowed/stunned.

Saunis

Uniques: (same in both builds)
    IMIRS+3 (they rock in dmg, but not in support)
    IB+0
    EP2/3 or IN+0 ? (In, support need max weapon defence)
    LKP's+0 (you cant use this in dlw char)

Armours / Weps:
    Completes+8/15HP
    G3 DD Helmet
    Chaotic Staff +8

Build 1:
    160 INT
    122/124MP (w/e for the staffs) (120mp for completerobe+8)
    91 STR (for dread shield) (You only need 90 in str for ds, 91 is for gabs and you cant wear it (70lvl required))
    REST HP (think it's 81) (so you get 82 in to hp)

Questions :
    1 - Which build would you choose and why?
    -Build one, whit ds+7 (dd, spear, axe defs, 365ac more, HB: 5 Res to Flame: 30 Light: 30)

2 - Is it a wise build, I've chosen IMIRS because I want to stun more the slow rate with ice is already ridiculously high anyway
    -Its your decision

3 - Any other can be suggested?
    Sell imir rings, get rol:s for max def or use in other hand legionare band for resistance
    in to earrings I would chose between, SSE, Bronze(cheap to make +2), ce, we (they start to rock in +2)
    If you want higher hp, you could also go for mimium mp and int for maximize your hp whit lower grade but higher level armors?
    But I liked to me maximized whit ac.
    [/b]
    When you are playing support mage... you have to get prepare for escaping 1-3 ppl hitting and duffing you all time.
    So get Halloweencane also.. (then you can blade whit shield on)

Its all up to yourself. Whats best for one, isnt always the best for another.[/b]
    True.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Nik, I've played on Xig long time a mage so therefore I know what fits me best. You rather have HP, I'm more someone who prefers defense/resists. I'd pick a WP+2 anytime over a EP +2.

My CS was +7 to use a lacyoan hammer +6 with it. Even with cs and lacyoan, Id still picked out a WP to have even more resists. I sure as hell hated to be slowed/stunned.[/b]
    im srry but /fail... ur a mage, u got resist skills... use them.... don't use a unique for it

Thanks for your comments Saunis it helped me lots.

I think I might swap the LKP's for CE's. I'll keep the IN, I'll choose the IMIRS because still lots of noobs in BDW and RLB who don't have high LR and the slow rate is still useful for me.

My CS was +7 to use a lacyoan hammer +6 with it. Even with cs and lacyoan, Id still picked out a WP to have even more resists. I sure as hell hated to be slowed/stunned.[/b]
    I never said WP is bad :P

just saying that crystal build w/o fp defs is kinda stupid...

im srry but /fail... ur a mage, u got resist skills... use them.... don't use a unique for it[/b]
    Fail in what way?
    Its funny how only your way of playing is the best way to play a support mage. Maybe stand open for suggestions from other players, it will probably make you even a better player.

Anyways, I did use my resists plus the resists on the WP. Thats what I used to prefer and thats what I still prefer.

I think I might swap the LKP's for CE's. [/b]
    Actually the HP bonus on LKP's is alot better. I would suggest you to take a look on the market and see whats most cheap to get. CE+2 vs LKP +1 is almost the same qua stats so ...

I never said WP is bad tongue.gif

just saying that crystal build w/o fp defs is kinda stupid...[/b]
    Def armors for a mage is just a ... MUST HAVE !
    Thats why the crystal built is also better cuz a support mage usually uses alot of crystal def armors.

Fail in what way?
    Its funny how only your way of playing is the best way to play a support mage. Maybe stand open for suggestions from other players, it will probably make you even a better player.

Anyways, I did use my resists plus the resists on the WP. Thats what I used to prefer and thats what I still prefer.

Actually the HP bonus on LKP's is alot better. I would suggest you to take a look on the market and see whats most cheap to get. CE+2 vs LKP +1 is almost the same qua stats so ...
    Thats why the crystal built is also better cuz a support mage usually uses alot of crystal def armors.[/b]
    um I am open for suggestions but that really isn't anywhere to a good idea... that is another reason why mages usually like to carry around SSs so they can switch from staff to SS to prevent getting slowed and stunned

as for LKPs.. if u got dual LKP's +1s keep em

and defense armor's... ok yeah they are a must... but tbh, idk if it was just me cause girakon was still quite a new server, but i survived pretty good without them for quite some time before i got a few pieces

just saying that crystal build w/o fp defs is kinda stupid...[/b]
    in diez u can get crystals ..

you can get WP + Dual sse or ep + sse + ce .. ur choice

wp + dual sse > ep sse ce

Thats why the crystal built is also better cuz a support mage usually uses alot of crystal def armors.[/b]
    yes... but he&#39;s got ONLY cap... so imho chitin > crystal .... <_<

Nik, I&#39;ve played on Xig long time a mage so therefore I know what fits me best. You rather have HP, I&#39;m more someone who prefers defense/resists. I&#39;d pick a WP+2 anytime over a EP +2.

He said he will be using talias.. If he comes to a mage party he can just throw on a glacier talia. And i think for 10gr is pointless to lose the extra 5 health and 50 hp you get from a EP compared to WP.

You say you would rather WP +2 > EP +2? Lets see WP +2 - 10 health + 200hp + 300mana +15gr or EP +2 20 health + 300 hp + 200 mana + 10int. Thats a huge difference in hp over 15gr? Im not trying to say its a stupid idea, i just think that its a big amount of hp to ignore for 15gr

You say you would rather WP +2 > EP +2? Lets see WP +2 - 10 health + 200hp + 300mana +15gr or EP +2 20 health + 300 hp + 200 mana + 10int. Thats a huge difference in hp over 15gr? Im not trying to say its a stupid idea, i just think that its a big amount of hp to ignore for 15gr[/b]
    Warrior Pendant ()
    Necklace
    Defense Ability : 28
    Strength Bonus : 10
    Health Bonus : 10
    HP Bonus : 200
    Dexterity Bonus : 10
    MP Bonus : 300
    Resistance to Flame : 35
    Resistance to Glacier : 15
    Resistance to Lightning : 15

Unique
    *Necklace with eye-catching gold decoration*[/b]
    wp got more than 15 gr ...and is option for wp + dual sse .. ep + dual sse = firs one mage can get you

He said he will be using talias.. If he comes to a mage party he can just throw on a glacier talia. And i think for 10gr is pointless to lose the extra 5 health and 50 hp you get from a EP compared to WP.

You say you would rather WP +2 > EP +2? Lets see WP +2 - 10 health + 200hp + 300mana +15gr or EP +2 20 health + 300 hp + 200 mana + 10int. Thats a huge difference in hp over 15gr? Im not trying to say its a stupid idea, i just think that its a big amount of hp to ignore for 15gr[/b]
    Talias are only good if ur running away and you see some ppl are chasing you and you need to stop for a TP. Trust me, ive used plenty of Talias and on most times you dont use them when you should use it cuz it just slips ur mind.

And yea, as I said, everyone got his opinion. Whats best for one, isnt the best for another. I was a resist whore, can&#39;t deny it. Even the lasts years as priest, I&#39;m still the resist whore, eventho I can cure myself. I just hate to stop and cure. Waste of time and effort.

um I am open for suggestions but that really isn&#39;t anywhere to a good idea... that is another reason why mages usually like to carry around SSs so they can switch from staff to SS to prevent getting slowed and stunned[/b]

lold... in my experience, udont switch to SS to prevent getting slowed, simply because, you arnt expecting to get slowed most of the time, it just happens, then u switch to shield so you dont get raped while you are running away.

And your comment about being a mage and using your resists makes no sense since a mage can only use 1 type of resist at a time, so what about the other 3?

In a long fight, you are hardly ever at full hp, reduced dmg > max hp for sure. I&#39;d say IN>WP+3>EP+3

Saunis

In a long fight, you are hardly ever at full hp, reduced dmg > max hp for sure. I&#39;d say IN>WP+3>EP+3[/b]
    I agree.
    In patos you (mages) are primary target. So in there maximun weapondefence > hp/resistance.

lold... in my experience, udont switch to SS to prevent getting slowed, simply because, you arnt expecting to get slowed most of the time, it just happens, then u switch to shield so you dont get raped while you are running away.

And your comment about being a mage and using your resists makes no sense since a mage can only use 1 type of resist at a time, so what about the other 3?

In a long fight, you are hardly ever at full hp, reduced dmg > max hp for sure. I&#39;d say IN>WP+3>EP+3[/b]
    1) ofc I would, I don&#39;t know how you play... but if I see a couple of ice mages ofc I would throw on an SS until I get out of the aoe area, while putting ice resistance on... if it&#39;s only one ice mage, then take ur chances, if no one is to back up the ice mage then go for it, but if there is someone behind the mage then put ir on

2) there isn&#39;t 4 types of mages, there is 3. fire/ice/light... basically the majority of KO population is either fire/ice or ice/light... so when u really look at it, putting FR on only reduces the damage... but putting IR on reduces the damage and the slowing rate.... and since IM SURE everyone has ICE as their primary or secondary, u can easily put IR on... trust me most effective resistance to put on... only time I suggest you putting FR on is when nova towning... and as for light, never found it a danger, since i haven&#39;t ran into many light mages in usko

3) wrong. if you are a fire mage u&#39;d be rather taking the extra hp, since the hp on a lvl 80 with normal uniques is like 4-4.5k scrolled... if you are Ice mage, you are probably stated into support/hp points, so therefore you don&#39;t got anything to wrry about since your hp/ac is already ridiclous... as for lighting mage once again, if you are damage build, u need the extra hp..... overall, sure I guess u find it better to use WP+3, i just find it a failure.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    08-10-2012, 03:00 PM