Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

supportmage in ardream! ?

This is a discussion on supportmage in ardream! ? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; dread shield has dd... How is that worthless when you say dcz is mostly rogues :S[/b] 1. Like Bob said, ...
Page: 2

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

dread shield has dd... How is that worthless when you say dcz is mostly rogues :S[/b]

1. Like Bob said, Dread has DAGGER DEF! Which helps alot in dcz!?

2. dcz turks in carnac-west?[/b]
    I know DS has dd, but the other defense stuff on the shield would be useless, so it would be much more usefull if you used such as GE instead of the shield so you can have a bigger ice effect and deal more damage with your spells.

People think if you play as a mage and if you stay alive all the time, you have accomplished the most in game, but the real accomplishment is to help out your party in every way possible and not just look out for yourself to survive alone, since as I said, the DD and the iron set would be more then enough to survive, that's if you know how to play a mage properly.

Saunis

dread shield has dd... How is that worthless when you say dcz is mostly rogues :S[/b]
    as in dcz, I would prefer oasis more than ds.

I know DS has dd, but the other defense stuff on the shield would be useless, so it would be much more usefull if you used such as GE instead of the shield so you can have a bigger ice effect and deal more damage with your spells.[/b]
    all i want is tank and slow ppls [/b]
    the 325 or so defence on the dread would allow him to survive MUCH longer..... I've once played with a full tank/support ice mage in ardream, and it was amazingly awesome seeing how he would be able to cast a blizzard here and there to slow peeps, and then we would be able to do 5 vs 20 since he wouldnt die and would spam TP those of us who's HP went down. Im sure if he wasnt using a sheild, and a staff instead, we probably wouldnt have been able to accomplish this. And also the spear def isnt actually useless since theres actually quite a number of warriors in ardream.

and he can always pop on a GE or oasis when theres not as much enemies around..... its just that he'll do less damage which im sure he wouldnt mind.

the 325 or so defence on the dread would allow him to survive MUCH longer..... I've once played with a full tank/support ice mage in ardream, and it was amazingly awesome seeing how he would be able to cast a blizzard here and there to slow peeps, and then we would be able to do 5 vs 20 since he wouldnt die and would spam TP those of us who's HP went down. Im sure if he wasnt using a sheild, and a staff instead, we probably wouldnt have been able to accomplish this. And also the spear def isnt actually useless since theres actually quite a number of warriors in ardream.
    and he can always pop on a GE or oasis when theres not as much enemies around..... its just that he'll do less damage which im sure he wouldnt mind.[/b]
    lol so much for surviving eh? When I was on RandomNoob (an ice mage, but damage built so 160 int and rest into mp), I remember doing like 8 vs 20s and yet was able to survive alot and help out my party conquer the opposing party. It all just matters how you really use your skills and how the people in the party help you out. I find it much more useful to put that extra damage with the staff on the right enemy at a right time, then having to use a shield and a cane to slow down the person, and hope that he will aim the certain person you are thinking of out of the huge crowd. And I'm talking about CZ where the damage is high, this is DCZ we are taking about though, with a iron set, a DD helm and an oasis staff, you have more then enough to protect you and to hold you alive.

But tbh it's just opinions, some people like playing support more, and I guess some people think dieing on a character is like taking a defeat, but for people like me NP doesn't really matter, what matters is to satisfy the party as much as possible, even if it means more death for me.

ge has much more % of slowing down enemy than oasis and with ur items i wouldnt pick up ds build. Just get ge+7 imo

Dread shield aint worthless in dcz.... it has high def and DD, some other defences aswell, which makes it a good balanced shield!
    but I'd still have a GE/oasis as it would probably be enough.

Im alittle confused.

So far I'm lvl 54. 144 in INT/ Rest MP, Crystal set +8. Ive check damage with GE+7. Now, I have Garp 7, and I must say, It hits much harder. I havent tryed Oasis 7 yet. So my question regardless of required int/mp is what is best Ice staff at +7. Which one hits the hardest. Thanks.

Im alittle confused.

So far I'm lvl 54. 144 in INT/ Rest MP, Crystal set +8. Ive check damage with GE+7. Now, I have Garp 7, and I must say, It hits much harder. I havent tryed Oasis 7 yet. So my question regardless of required int/mp is what is best Ice staff at +7. Which one hits the hardest. Thanks.[/b]
    Garp is the hardest hitting staff out of all the 3 that's for sure. But you should make ur own topic if u wanna ask questions :P since the topic creator is asking for a support mage in adream built and therefore, the best answer is to use an Oasis staff since it would have DD (and let me remind u DCZ is mostly rouges) and good ap/elemental, but personally if u are more experienced in a mage just use a GE, you probably won't even recognize that lil DD diference :P.

i love how the ds is useless for ardream lawl.

so the 300 or so ac or 7 or so DD doesnt matter, the dd is obvius but it seems like some people dont understand the concept of ac.

HP doesnt help you survive it just delays your death, id rather have 7 dd 15 spear 15 axe 325 ac and resists than 400 hp yeah?

besides that having a shield on has an intimidational factor, people will spike u for 300-400 and not want to go for you, meaning you can survive better in a gang bang.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    08-20-2012, 02:44 AM