Tank Archer Vs Ap Whore (DCZ)

This is a discussion on Tank Archer Vs Ap Whore (DCZ) within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Well Recently, i came back to Ardream, and this question has been bothering me. What archer set up is better, ...
Page: 1

Default Tank Archer Vs Ap Whore (DCZ)

Well Recently, i came back to Ardream, and this question has been bothering me. What archer set up is better, in Ardream being a tank and being able to take 2-3 melees, or just max out that dexterity, and go in kill and go out, and still have the benefits of, shooting from far and getting some high damage.
    Well, when you pick one, please even post what items, do you think I should get for that set up.
    My Items worth mentioning at the moment is:
    Eagle's Eye +8
    Old Ring of Life x1
    Priest Pendent +2
    Four Pieces of Rogue chitin +8
    Dagger Defense Helm +7

Thank you in Advance
    Abdulla

If you pulled a jailbait dex whore archer when I was playin cwest, you would live for about 5 seconds after I saw you. parasite = 1 hit spike.

go tank archer, and jsut work on gettin better bow & rols, you will be good then

Banned Senior Member

It's all personal preference. I always liked to have massive amounts of dex over having more tank-like items. In the end most people go for tank, and I suppose it is more viable in more situations.

a mix of the 2
    i always loved being balanced.

BellO

that depends of your pkin' lvl if u are beginer go for tank...if u know how to play go massive dmg

Quote Originally Posted by thesmallone101 View Post
    If you pulled a jailbait dex whore archer when I was playin cwest, you would live for about 5 seconds after I saw you. parasite = 1 hit spike.

go tank archer, and jsut work on gettin better bow & rols, you will be good then
    Do not want to start an argument or anything, but i think mostly, anyone with parasite, and a sin spiking him,he will be dead. ( This being the sin has good gear). Seeing your selling post, yes one hit from you and me being parasited i will be dead, with either setup.
    Take into consideration, if i change into a "AP Whore" i will not really be in the middle of the fight and i will have some fair distance, until i know, it is safe for me to enter.
    But thank you for your opinion, and i respect it, and for a better bow, i will be working on that, when i finish getting my accessories .

Bell0, for AP setup, what gear do you advise on?

Thank you for everyone else who replied.

zrocker0404

I'd go 2/3 tank 1/3 dex

chitin seems good
    EE+8 is great
    rols+0/1
    PP+2 is good if u want that dex, but wp+1 would be good too
    for earings you could go RE's or EME's if u want to tank more, and SE's if you want a little more dex

also think about getting FP+9 gaunts/boots

from the only place where u'll be able to listen the true Minimal

Quote Originally Posted by ImEnha View Post
    Do not want to start an argument or anything, but i think mostly, anyone with parasite, and a sin spiking him,he will be dead. ( This being the sin has good gear). Seeing your selling post, yes one hit from you and me being parasited i will be dead, with either setup.

+1
    But i would like to point somethings.
    In reality it all depends on how is the pk in "your" ardream.
    I mean, the opposite nation got lot of db? do they play almost always in well organized parties?How many lr mages are around? Are there many babashopped guys?
    Do you play mostly alone?Do u use buff scrols?
    Do party with a db?Doeas your nation have many db too?

Answer at these questions and you'll know how to set your char.

As u said well, we're talking abuot ardreamers chars.So iron set or not, hp valky or not...if the enemies play as a good team..you should fight something like..a party with 2-3 priests (probably all int priest)..that will spam duff on you and heal on their stealthed sins ( at least 2 ) that will spike-trust you at same time.
    At 90% u're dead.
    You might be alive if u got smart priests healing u in time, and or a mage tping u when in need and or if u got buff scrols on.

Btw...let's suppose u'll be able to stay alive..will the rest of your party be able to stay alive too? If all of them die and u're the only one alive...what are u going to do? running around spamming minor+hp pots+cure...and then i guess town.
    SO..lol..in spite of smoking dozen of pots..trying to survive to a gang bang..just do town when u got full duffed and u see a too harmful situation.

If u're smart enough and know how to read each situation...u can go full ap.
    If u like a more relaxing pk..well choose a common /tank setup.

Fp+9 are good for this reason. Even if u do not go full dex in your stats they still ensure you nice ac, deffo a nice boost of ap and then they gives the chance to use dd helm when in need so that you wont die if 1 sin suddenly hit u from behind.

IF u got a clan..a gg clan, and u always party together...well i would choose a tank setup...stayin alive and styxin and cancelling priest's healing or mage spells...does a lot of diif...so they need you alive. And your priest shouldn't be focused on healing u all the time.

Or you can buy both full ap jewels and jewels for tanking..like rols...skele..etf and switch them when in need.
    Ofc people here can only suggest setups..in reality..simply choose what you like most...choose the setup that will give you more fun, the one that match your style...f@k all the rest.....if u dont have fun..why do u play ?

Well Recently, i came back to Ardream, and this question has been bothering me. What archer set up is better, in Ardream being a tank and being able to take 2-3 melees, or just max out that dexterity, and go in kill and go out, and still have the benefits of, shooting from far and getting some high damage.
    Well, when you pick one, please even post what items, do you think I should get for that set up.
    My Items worth mentioning at the moment is:
    Eagle's Eye +8
    Old Ring of Life x1
    Priest Pendent +2
    Four Pieces of Rogue chitin +8
    Dagger Defense Helm +7

Thank you in Advance
    Abdulla
    i will go for a tank build cause i think that archer have good enough in tank build and its importent to be able to stand and not die easy with archer dcz...
    the best thing in archer dcz is that with combo of 5/3 he can kill ppl in some secs with tank build and with full dex build...
    if u will go on full dex u will be kicking ass with combo of 5/3 but if more then 1 ppl attacking you or ur will be vsing some1 with massive def u will die faster then he those

well this my opnion think about it

Take into consideration, if i change into a "AP Whore" i will not really be in the middle of the fight and i will have some fair distance, until i know, it is safe for me to enter.
    But thank you for your opinion, and i respect it, and for a better bow, i will be working on that, when i finish getting my accessories .

Bell0, for AP setup, what gear do you advise on?

nah for most its like spike thrust pierce death, but for ap whores its like spike R attack.... and trust me, you need the extra second to attempt to throw in a cure.

Thank you all for your replies, i decided that tank is the way to go, since it would seem that i will have more fun. Just need to gear him up.
    Thank you
    Abdulla

Haters gonna hate Senior Member MushtMan's Avatar

Thank you all for your replies, i decided that tank is the way to go, since it would seem that i will have more fun. Just need to gear him up.
    Thank you
    Abdulla
    ur name is abdulla? where u from? i thought u were like amercian :/

Quote Originally Posted by MushtMan View Post
    ur name is abdulla? where u from? i thought u were like amercian :/
    Iam from Dubai, United Arab Emirates.