Tank mage build

This is a discussion on Tank mage build within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; So this is my idea for tankmage which I will use in EUKO: -STR for shield (90 for dread probably) ...
Page: 1

Default Tank mage build

So this is my idea for tankmage which I will use in EUKO:

-STR for shield (90 for dread probably)
    -Enough mp for wood +8 or 0 mp and reduce wizard staff
    -Max hp
    -Paper armor

So this build may appear somewhat squishy, but it is reasonably cheap, and the bonus ac from high hp stat is nice. Putting 160 points on INT and 102 on MP seems like wasted points on a tank mage. It's possible that at a higher level I would stat higher on int/mp for a decent staff (i.e cardboard), but I find I hardly need to blade unless I am in a small pvp party.

I have a few questions though, as I haven't played KO in a while, certainly not the patch that EUKO will be. Basically, what will my slow be like with this build? I know INT had little to do with slow these days. How well can you slow without a staff? (i.e. in USKO)
    Last edited by hongkongfury; 10-29-2011 at 07:30 AM.

O_o Senior Member

Start lvling in a new server as a support Mage is a bad idea but anyway if you are goin 60+ just put enough for crimsons/completes and then 90 for shield

this build is pointles to exp, u ll be like afk leecher xD

Quote Originally Posted by MyDestiny View Post
    Start lvling in a new server as a support Mage is a bad idea but anyway if you are goin 60+ just put enough for crimsons/completes and then 90 for shield
    I decided to go paper fire (45 ice/ rest fire) until I get a decent shield. You say put enough on for crimson or complete. That is the stock standard build, which I have have chosen against. It seems to me this build is better. Can you provide some reasons why you think 160/102 MP build would be better?

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu_ View Post
    this build is pointles to exp, u ll be like afk leecher xD
    Ice mage is for slowing, not for damage.

the amount your able to slow depends on the opponents ice resis and how much ice elemental damage you got

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongfury View Post

So those others dumb enough to stat on full mp and die once a day can exp you? wow, this is poor.

full hp-mage is not smart until 60 at the very least just because the hp per stat-point you get in return is amazingly low. get jewellery with absolute hp-stats (like old ruby rings, red dragon necklace) and stat completely into mp till like lvl 55 and then start putting stat points into hp.

the reason why ppl recommend 160 int is mostly cause 25dd helmet in old servers is good and available. For euko this will be different I guess.

tho im not in EUKO, im a very expereinced mage.

for xping any server you should definitely be paper fire for the first good while.

Blizzard is a must if you can afford it. I'd rather have blizzard then fire nova(60). In fact I would stat for it and pick up the fire nova on level 62+. I wouldnt waste any points in master really until after lvl 69. At level 69 you can have enough stat points to have Blizzard/Inferno/Ice Nova/Fire NOva... you'd be a very useable xp mage for dk parties.

Statting for gear is a different story. I have an xp mage on Cwest that is lvl 69 atm and full paper. I am full 255MP but I can handle the xp from the xperience. Your hitpoints are shit at this level with this build in full HP armor and full old uniques. I mean your at 2500hp roughly before buff. Since you probably wont xp alone as I do often, you dont really need to be full MP at any level. I'd put about 200 into MP and rest into HP (paper build). At 69 you'd get an extra 500+ hp just leaving it at 200mp. I highly recommend this as you'd be able to take an Undy buff.

building this way gives you two choices.... 1) easy access to full mage xp parties likes DK/Cw's.. 2) allows to easily xp on Uruk Trons safely till a good mage xp party starts up.

this is advice is purely for the xp mage. Pk builds are totally different.

The One And Only Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongfury View Post
    I decided to go paper fire (45 ice/ rest fire) until I get a decent shield. You say put enough on for crimson or complete. That is the stock standard build, which I have have chosen against. It seems to me this build is better. Can you provide some reasons why you think 160/102 MP build would be better?

If you are normal mage who put in MP ICE mage can do really GG dmg.
    and yes as he said , support ice mage for exp is pretty bs..
    I think you should go normal mage at start of the server till u will get some lvl about 70+
    and then restat ..

Yeah I decided to go 45 ice/60 fire for exp. Will probably keep that build until I get a decent shield.

From Bankrupt to Blue Sky Senior Member Riley's Avatar

I have to say Im an absolute fan of the paper tank.

Mind you, these were pretty good items, and before Krowaz came out, but I'd argue its better than int. Especially when you have an adamant/CS.

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    I have to say Im an absolute fan of the paper tank.

Mind you, these were pretty good items, and before Krowaz came out, but I'd argue its better than int. Especially when you have an adamant/CS.
    That AC is rediculous.

From Bankrupt to Blue Sky Senior Member Riley's Avatar

I'm pretty sure I had Rol +2, Rol +3, EP +3, Dual SSE +2, Glass +1, full paper +9 and a Gabs +7. ^_^