Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

the ULTIMATE support sin guide (part1)

This is a discussion on the ULTIMATE support sin guide (part1) within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; yeah, fps has a bit to do with it :X...
Page: 2

yeah, fps has a bit to do with it :X

Validating

tested in lunar valley also before war, got like 0.3 minor per soul haha

well everything seems fine for me about time someone made a guide cuz imo support sin is the BEST CLASS EVER!! its alot fun ;P also u should add a tip there that also is for attacking sins aswell using 230 225 or 235 dex is far more useful than 255 dex build if u play support sin also not to mention that support sins should try to get alot wep defs to use when running with a slower class and minoring + curing him or so.

Haters gonna hate Senior Member MushtMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    well everything seems fine for me about time someone made a guide cuz imo support sin is the BEST CLASS EVER!! its alot fun ;P also u should add a tip there that also is for attacking sins aswell using 230 225 or 235 dex is far more useful than 255 dex build if u play support sin also not to mention that support sins should try to get alot wep defs to use when running with a slower class and minoring + curing him or so.
    ya +1

when im running away i put on my chitin def set (not always needed but if needed) + SS.

the issue with less then maximum dex is that it tends to make attacks miss a lot more...... My bro used to mess around with this crazy dread build for a sin, and he said that was the main reason why he didnt wanna go back to it, the already high miss rate + the rate of illusions used by noobs in dcz xD

I dont think it dos Oo

we did like 100 spikes, and you would miss like 11/100 with full dex, but 235 build you would miss more, like 30/100

doesnt actually affect it that much.. 230 dex build is the best build u can go as sin.. well 235 dex build is awesome aswell.

Banned

doesnt actually affect it that much.. 230 dex build is the best build u can go as sin.. well 235 dex build is awesome aswell.

in dcz 20 extra hp points is like 1-2 r hits.. its worthless
    rlb as well seeing as how everyone there has much higher ap

Haters gonna hate Senior Member MushtMan's Avatar

bump 4 gg guide, should be pinned..

ITheEvilOneI

Very nice Guide. Keep it going. ^^

he learned it all from me (but literally no joke)

id have to say best support sin on cwest atm has to be gstiliuninstall hes my favorite for support + hes gg archer so he can deal some final blows form far range.

to the guy who said to go int preist, support sins are just as important to a party as a priest. rogues have instant healing capabilitys, cant be canceled, another source of curing, spike thrust to deal final kill blows to people with low hp or people that are duffed and then the rogue can continue on supporting.

parties without support sins are lost when the opposing nation has them outnumbered and geared.

gj on the guide bro

oh ps. i know you talk about canceling priest skills momentarily, but i think you should go into the importance of canceling a priest, mages, how it helps your members, how you can effectivily cancel, and when you should and shouldnt worry about doing so. if you need tips on this let me know cause i got alot info about canceling as im very good at it and have done some tests way back , especially on a rogue.

key points (dont have time to elaborate on it now, maybe i will do so later on):

combo - w r r skill r
    your combo speed - varies depending on the person your canceling
    siutations - small or large parties

how it helps -this is the situation if your fighting a 3v3, your on a rogue and your with a warrior and an ice mage. and your against priest 1920/para rogue and warrior. your member are constantly getting duffed and your oppenents always get that heal in the neck of time. its kinda gets anoying. heres what you do.

After making sure your team mates are cured from the duffer, and somewhat healed up (atleast 50% hp on warrior 75% on mage) you must sololy focus on the priest. using the suggest combo above wrrSkillr, you must time each skilled at the right time when the priest arms are in the air for duff/heal. understand i cannot describe the time exactly..you must take this to the arena and test it out for yourself to get the right timing. do not focus on hitting the fastest, although this works sometimes for the most part its just luck and you might only get 1-2 cancels in a row max. using my method of slowly but perfectly aiming skills can get 4+ cancel consecutivley depending on your skill and practice lvl. your mage and warrior are safe from duff, and your opponent melee have no outside heal source. your 2 melee should gank the rogue first since the warrior cannot help him, this should be easy because they have leg cut and ice. once those 2 are dead they can help you kill the priest if you have not already done so.

that is just one situation. i can elaborate on this more later tonight.
    Last edited by bknight; 10-19-2010 at 04:45 PM.

support sin is taken way too far. It isn't what rogues are for, it is just a circumstantial role. Most of the time if you need to support a lot, it's because of bad communication in the rest of your party and weak offensive pressure. It's useful to know how to do it but if you're supporting all the time it's because your teammates are shit.

Oh and the least geared rogue is best suited to supporting. Cure/minor do not scale with gear. You want your best geared rogue on the end of every debuff creating burst damage.
    Last edited by 0000000; 11-01-2010 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0000000 View Post
    support sin is taken way too far. It isn't what rogues are for, it is just a circumstantial role. Most of the time if you need to support a lot, it's because of bad communication in the rest of your party and weak offensive pressure. It's useful to know how to do it but if you're supporting all the time it's because your teammates are shit.

Oh and the least geared rogue is best suited to supporting. Cure/minor do not scale with gear. You want your best geared rogue on the end of every debuff creating burst damage.

very true, but burst damage can also be dealt by a support good geared support rogue.

im not disagreeing with you completely, it is true if you supporting constantly..your team is crap or there could be bad communication. not only is it most likely boring..but alot of the times its inaffective..

but on the other side..you could have a great team..but be far too outnumbered. playing the role of support is not the main goal of the rogue, but...having support skills and capabilities is a great thing to know for your team.

support skills need to be combined with amazing pk skills and experience in different situations, aswell as a strong combo and a good sense of communication throughout the party in order to effectively survive and defeat opponents.

ps. also zero support rogue is much broader topic then you may think. its not only minoring and curing your oppenents and playing like a priest. it is that but its also...selective attacking..which is the most useful thing ever. using your dmg at the right time on the right person is very crucial when your in a bind..not attacking the right person could mean BB for your entire party.knowing at what time you should stop healing your teamate when hes 1v3ing and when to jump in for the spike/thrust kill is super important. keeping the priest tied up with your cancels and high dmg is also extremely useful for as a support rogue. aswell as being able to easily chase down the mage in the party..by stealthing in or just plain suicide light fett into him.

you might be thinking alot of the things i mention are not support..and they are just a rogue playing a rogue. but that is where you would be incorrect, if you were playing attack rogue you would be aiming for the rogue in +7fp not the tank ass mage/priest.

Last edited by bknight; 11-01-2010 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0000000 View Post

well like I said, my guide is written from the perspective where I pk in, where it was like 3 of us vs 8+ consistently. for some people, going rambo worked well, I always found burst attacking when it mattered and getting your opponents to trip over themselves and get sloppy worked pretty much every time. otherwise, most of the time your priest gets fucked up while throwing a duff, or their heal gets canceled

but like I said, I quit (thought u did too :O )

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    05-31-2012, 03:42 AM
  2. Hits: 21
    03-29-2012, 10:17 AM
  3. Hits: 7
    02-24-2012, 03:49 PM
  4. Hits: 1
    07-27-2011, 11:09 PM
  5. Hits: 1
    06-24-2011, 08:13 AM