Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

the ULTIMATE support sin guide (part2)

This is a discussion on the ULTIMATE support sin guide (part2) within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; PART 2 OF MY GUIDE! Section 4: Advanced Tactics, tips, and tricks! I listed this as a pretty big part ...
Page: 1

Default the ULTIMATE support sin guide (part2)

PART 2 OF MY GUIDE!
    Section 4: Advanced Tactics, tips, and tricks!
    I listed this as a pretty big part of being a support sin. If you did what’s listed above, you should already be a fairly big distraction, but to be even more annoying, there’s a few tricks you can do to annoy your enemy even further!
    1. The Distraction
    I did this a lot with Brew and Zwitter. It’s called the distraction because you will be the person that the enemy will be shifting their eyes on (duh). This works best if you have a mage with you and he’s in a bit of trouble (getting chased by a couple of melees). Just put your shield on and start using your Red skills on a priest in the back that’s duffing the hell out of your mage. Try to time it so you can cancel a duff on your mage, or at least make it so that the priest is out of range so he can no longer duff your mage. At this point, at least a few melees will be off of your friend the mage, and onto you. This can occur even before you actually get to the priest, when you turn around and start running towards one of them they should quickly jump on you. Then when your HP is low, have your mage tp you out. There should be about half the melees as before on your friend. Try taking out one of them with the time you just provided.
    2. The wall
    This is pretty similar to the distraction, but requires a few more people. Find the shiniest motherfucker that’s on the other side that’s doing the most damage to your friend the mage and instead of attacking him, just stand right in front of him, while continuously minoring/curing your friend the mage. If you do this right, the guy won’t even be able to move at all unless he goes around you! It’s pretty funny when it works out, but don’t always rely on this if you aren’t super coordinated chances are they’ll just run right past you!

3. The Pain Train
    Basically you employ this when you have a massive amount of numbers against your small party of say, 3 (see my 3 vs. human nation video to show an example of it). This works best with 2 sins and 1 priest. Spam minor the person in the back who is taking most of the damage. In most cases it’s the priest, but in many times it can be you or your friend! The priest should ONLY stop to drop parasite OR to drop a 1920 heal. The person in the back of the “train” should not cure themselves, rather be reliant on the rogue in front of them to cure. When parasite is dropped, turn and double spike the person who was hit by the parasite. The melees should start attacking the rogue closest to him; this will be the rogue in the back, who will be getting minored by the rogue in front of him. If they start taking too much damage, a 1920 heal is cast by the priest. Repeat and keep running in a straight line till death of yourself, or death of your enemies. Try your best to keep the enemy off your priest, as he does not have light feet.

4. The Styx Fix
    Did you know that styx can be used by not only archers, but assassins as well?? And it requires 0 points in archery! All you need is a bow (I suggest a scorpion bow+3 as that gives you some hp as well). If you don’t have too much ap, and this priest just refuses to die, just drop a styx and then spike when HP is low. Hilarity ensues. If you REALLY want to just fuck with people, I every sin picking a different priest and using styx on them right when there is movement in the priests arms. It’s pretty funny, but don’t forget to put on your daggers after this is done!
    Section 5: Working with other support sins
    Let’s say you find someone else who can play support pretty well. Before PK starts, you should say what you will be in charge of. If the guy who plays support can minor very well, let him get the minors while you get the cures. This avoids you guys accidently double curing. If for some reason you get into a lot of trouble, just shout in ventrillo that you need them to get the cure this time.
    If you are just running into a party, and a duff is being tossed, the person that should be getting minors at first is the person running in front. This is because he is the one most likely to be taking the initial hits while you take out the duffed target.
    Some people have asked me, what about canceling heals?
    Whenever I duo’d with my brother (a sin), this is a tactic that worked on most priests.
    One of you uses spike thrust pierce, while the other uses only R attacks. If they start moving, the person using R attacks can attack as well. After the first person uses spike thrust pierce, he starts R attacking while the other person uses their spike thrust pierce. If you get your timing right, you can cancel the priests heals and then spike at the same time when their heal fails and their hp is very low!
    Another important duo tactic is to isolate enemies and attack together. This is best done by running in opposite directions at first, and then running in the same direction forward (essentially, you are running side by side, but fairly far away).
    Finally, if you are in a duo, use X instead of actually clicking the person's name on the party bar. It automatically selects the closest person to you, and since you are with 1 person, it will select your partner. If you are in a trio of 2 sins and 1 preist, i suggest setting up your party bar like this
    You
    Your sin friend
    The Priest

Click the mouse on your sin friend, and try to keep it there after every battle. This way, if you gotta quickly get to your priest to minor him, you can just push the tab key 1 time and be selected on him!
    Well, that’s pretty much all I can remember about playing a support sin, I bet I forgot something so leave them in the comments and I’ll add them to the guide! Let’s make a better generation of assassins!
    Hope you found at least part of this useful,
    - Justin AKA Bankin
    About the Author

Who the hell are you?!
    I quit USKO. I used to play DCZ and RLB on the chars BankinAndTankin and AKAPILLSBURYDOUGHBOY on Carnac West.

Why make this guide?
    Sick and tired of seeing pk vids where all sins do is attack..... think if there were more support sins out there, the quality of pk vids would increase dramatically.....
    Also because there were some people who asked me to do this. And because of the lack of a guide similar to mine existing.

Why are YOU making this guide?
    I was definitely not the best sin (in fact, out of the 3 sins in my clan, I was the worst when it came to vs! ) but if there is one thing I KNOW that I was really good at, it was being a support sin.

Isn't this guide just to make your already huge ego even bigger.....
    Considering I quit, I don’t really see how it would affect anything
    Got a tip that you think I missed? Leave it in the comments, and I’ll add it to the guide.

I know you said you quit, but why dont you just chuck some nub gear on your old dcz rogue and pk on it?

oh and amazingly good guide.

Quote Originally Posted by ShallWeHaveAFootRace? View Post
    I know you said you quit, but why dont you just chuck some nub gear on your old dcz rogue and pk on it?

oh and amazingly good guide.
    Me and my bro thought bout doin this, but you gotta realize if we go to nub gear, we gonna be merching again 24/7 lol, we are done with KO, time to cash out and share what we learned with the rest of you guys so you can be whipped up to shape if we come back (if blizzard buys KO or another gg company does, we'd be back, but no way are staying around with all the random people getting hacked of all their gears....)

Heres some more stuff you can add and discuss too
    Cats eyes can be used as cure faker
    After lf animation is done run other way
    Tree huging is not bug abuse
    Stealth is your best friend
    When fully duffed dont stop to cure, keep running
    Beast hiding works well for distraction
    When running away run betwen objects, most of the people just use r for running thats when they will follow your fotsteps
    As much as you like to go for sins/mages/priests first, just stop and reconsider this cuz mages/priests is the first ones to get cures and sometimes taking on warriors/sins can be easyer
    When in party dont run with the group, run on the side to get to the priest/mage directly
    Lots of basic stuff here but since we r talking about it it couldnt hurt
    Last edited by loveya; 07-23-2010 at 02:54 PM.

awesome, soon as i'm off work, ill add these tips ^^

i knew a guy in cwest that played like this

he suxxx

Haters gonna hate Senior Member MushtMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lokias View Post
    i knew a guy in cwest that played like this

he suxxx
    his name was bawks or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by MushtMan View Post
    his name was bawks or something like that?

no that guy was pro

u just mad im stylin on u brahhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Lokias View Post
    no that guy was noop

u just mad im stylin on u brahhhh
    ur post didnt make sense, u say no to him suxxing, and yet u call him a noop.

confused cat is confused

Best guide ever because it has my name in it.

PS i solo'd a sloth last week in CZ on ZweetHeart

lXerol

Quote Originally Posted by zwitter View Post
    Best guide ever because it has my name in it.

PS i solo'd a sloth last week in CZ on ZweetHeart
    Want a cookie now?

sniffy

dont add anything about tommy 20 in here please.

that was my ingenious idea, and i want it to stay that way haha.

u got a dcz money making guide aswell? :d

Quote Originally Posted by Boeren View Post
    u got a dcz money making guide aswell? :d
    +1 to that one :P

to da top!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 11
    03-29-2012, 10:18 AM