Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Higher AP vs elemental damage

This is a discussion on Higher AP vs elemental damage within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Hi guys, what's better, some extra ap/dex or elemental damage? I play JPKO and there are some different bows. Example... ...
Page: 1

Default Higher AP vs elemental damage

Hi guys, what's better, some extra ap/dex or elemental damage? I play JPKO and there are some different bows. Example...

What's better for shadow hunter and/or arrow shower for RLB, a bow with 141AP / 16dex (no elemental dmg) or Iron Bow +8/80?

that big ap difference :O well i'd take the 141 ap bow over IB+8 since its 13 AP difference which is sort of huge.. if the situation was lil different, then the elemental dmg would have a difference. For example: Rappy +8 vs HB+8, my warrior lvl 62 looses 60 AP when i use HB+8 but i do more dmg

id take higher ap tbh unless its a hellbreaker 8 vs raptor 8

the elemental dammage only helps for "r" attacks, wich means combos...

No ele dmg? You're gonna hit bosses and high ac mobs like dungeon mobs for nothing.

PK wise... bow with no ele dmg should be ok or most targets. 141 + 16dex is like a free dex scroll on top of an iron bow 9, should be actually pretty excelent for dark pursuer

i have a question in this matter : pk-wise whats better
    ib+9 with dex bonus or ib+9 with ele bonus

It depends on your style of pk. I dont like getting up close at all, but if I dont drop those showers on the enemy tank priest when they are required, my party might end up paying for it.

AP bow is fine for sniping, but if its like a Helenid you're gonna regret it. Ele dmg is essential for arrow showers in pk... most targets you wont hit with all arrows already, and those that do can still miss, so do 80dmg or 0 dmg?

Quote Originally Posted by Boeren View Post
    i have a question in this matter : pk-wise whats better
    ib+9 with dex bonus or ib+9 with ele bonus
    you should test it if you can, but tbh I'd never pk with no elemental weapon...thats just crazy... elemental damage works like assassins "red" skills - it pierces thru armor... and I think even your shadow shot/hunter/dark pursuer would hit less with the dex bow...or at least the dex bow would have a stupid dmg range (lets say it would hit 200-1100, while the one with the elemental would hit (700-1000).
    Thats what I can say

Ok I finally got this bow, 141 ap and 16dex (like ib +9/16dex) and the ap boost is great, with quest accesories and +7 shells on lvl 61 I raise 1690 ap.

Didn't tested on pk, but elemental dmg just adds xx dmg to the physical damage from your ap. If your hit is gonna deal 500dmg, with 80 poison it will be like 560, so with AS it's great since it's 80 poison x 5, but on a far shoot, on a maliced target, the 300-400 ap boost works a lot better (it's all IMHO) than 60 extra poison dmg. Since I don't have enough items to tank and fight with AS combo, I'll try to do my best with ice shot and shadow hunters, I'll try to get as much ap as i can, at least until I get another gg bow with elemental dmg.

In RLB with a server where average accesories are +1, how much ap i would need to do some good dmg with shadow hunter?

If usko had that bow i'm completely sure people would push +2.5k ap quite easily on RLB rogue, and the kind of dex is plausible without needing ''fancy'' stuff like ROFs.

Finally i tested that bow on pk. With shadow hunter it's great, but with arrow shower, it isn't better than my old IB +7/70

depending on the difference amount, higher elemental wil do better on high defence and people not duffed. higher ap will do better on low defense and people duffed.

so rlly depends on how many tank players or how many duffers you got. and the amount of difference between ap/elemental.

to compare...

II+8 - HB+7 (overall hit about the same dmg, but when broken down...)

II+8 has higher ap so it hits higher on low ac/duffed people.
    HB+7 has lower ap and higher elemental so it hits higher on high ac/non duffed people.

Elemental dmg = for the arrow shower and multiple shot.
    higher ap= for distance shooting.

So it depends on which situation you are.

I got 2 dagger.
    +3 knife and +3 knife/30 posion

Atheon

@kreuk

How does one go about connecting to JPKO? I just can't seem to be able to register an account at mgame without a resident registration number.

Thanks in advance,
    Atheon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast