Unique Resistances

This is a discussion on Unique Resistances within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Well basicly this has been a big mystery for me so far, i tried to search for it but can't ...
Page: 1

Heineken

Angry

Well basicly this has been a big mystery for me so far, i tried to search for it but can't find anything about it. I see alot of people talk about bonusses being good, but when it comes to earing all prefer p.e./sse over w.e.

I am mainly talking about resistance to fire/lightning and ICE...

My question is howmuch resistance makes a difference and howmuch should a lvl 80 warrior have? In war ice mages are driving me crazy. I love pe and sse way more, but if resistance from we's really help i'll take them.

atm i'm lvl 79 and have:
    101 flame
    57 Glacier
    57 Lightning

I hope someone can help me out on this one.

sexyrexy

im not sure how much flame resistance matters towards the dmg, but i can tell you that with ice resistance your not gonna notice a big difference untill you start getting up 150+.
    Untill then you may dodge one aoe but since mages are normally in packs you will get slowed by the 2-3 nova/blizzard.
    lightning i dunno either carry a few resistance pots/a talia if you start getting pwnt by one ?

EXP Extraordinaire Senior Member HeavensReject's Avatar

glac, flame, light resist pots are sold at sundries

Heineken

but i can tell you that with ice resistance your not gonna notice a big difference untill you start getting up 150+.[/b]
    Thanks for your reply, if this is true then i shouldnt be worried about getting ice resistance in my unique's beacause roc/IN/IB doesnt have glacier resistance. If 80-100 resistance to glacier would make a difference i would get it but the 150 you need is just to much.

And yea u can buy glacier pots, takes a shitload of weight but looks like its the only solution.

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

glacier pots are amazing, sum ppl may laugh at me, but i use legionare band on my warrior ~~ :P but my resist are very nice, and in bdw my warrior rarely gets slowed

misterfrisco

Just carry 25 Glacier pots, 150 HP pots and around 180 MP pots you should be good to go. Glacier pots help a lot, Lightning mages if you see one try to get a lightning belt, It really works and helps to reduce you getting stunned. hope that helped.

Same I love my resist pots and still use them in dw I was unslowable on my warrior cos of the ice pots
    Good thing about being warrior you can get over 200 resists to all easy if you wanted

Thanks for your reply, if this is true then i shouldnt be worried about getting ice resistance in my unique's beacause roc/IN/IB doesnt have glacier resistance. If 80-100 resistance to glacier would make a difference i would get it but the 150 you need is just to much.

And yea u can buy glacier pots, takes a shitload of weight but looks like its the only solution.[/b]
    hmm yeah, but with the help of glacier pots like jdizzle said, 150 wont be that hard to get... and u can always get GR from mage

so u'll only need something like 80-100 resistance GR + pot and u'll be pretty close to 150

On my warrior i have,
    Wp (30 fire ristance)
    Sash of Sorrows (20 Fire and 30 ice resistance)
    And 2x purity rings (or how they called) (white day event rings) (30 ligtning each BUT, -10 flame,-10 ice so they are only good for 1 vs 1 with a lightning mage)
    And quest ofcaurse .

atm i have :
    120 fire restance.
    100 ice restance.
    80 lightnign restnace (with no purity rings on)
    (sorry not 100% sure if i am right :P, atm i am at my work and cant check ko ^^, will update afther my job)

Flame- The more the merrier
    GR- dont even bother with this
    LR-60-100 and you almost never get stunned.

theeps

Flame, you really dont need but its always good to have so get if it if you want to get flame resistant, It will help alot in some cases and help none in otheres.

Glacier, this has no meaning I wouldnt waste your time getting up you GR because it sucks if you ask me it will not help in anything.

Lightning, you will barely get stunned and it helps so out of the three this is most important.

Try and get Flame and Lightning up and leave glacier alone.

Flame, you really dont need

Try and get Flame and Lightning up and leave glacier alone.[/b]
    i kinda lol'ed at this xD

well flame is really useful when it comes to pking in cz or dcz. 100 FR makes a HUGEASS difference in the damage the Guard Towers deal to you.... the difference is actually quite big... so the lil extra FR could save ur ass from being exped sometimes xD