Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

WR Combo Question

This is a discussion on WR Combo Question within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; When doing WR combo do you hold down W the whole time and tap Skill 1 > R > Skill ...
Page: 1

dogdog

Unhappy

When doing WR combo do you hold down W the whole time and tap Skill 1 > R > Skill 2 > R > etc...?

If this is the case, i'm a little confused how my finger placement should be to hold down W while doing Skill > R

Here is my current skill bar setup:

F1
    1 - Lightfeet
    2>5 - Skills
    6 - Soul Pot
    7>8 Minor Heal

F2
    1 - Lightfeet
    2>5 - Skills
    6 - Soul Pot
    7>8 Minor Heal

[RED POTS on Right Click]

Do I use my thumb to alternate between Z-locking and holding down W to stay close to enemy ?

Or do I use my ring finger to hold down W? (problem with this is I would have to let go of W to press my skill on #2)

I am also confused how to dual minor heal... lately i have just been pressing 6-7-8 all simultaneously as fast as i can LOL... I'm guess i'm suppose to spam 7 & 8 as fast as I can and just press (6) for a soul pot when I am around 50% of mana left... ?

Please help, Thanks!

Taeho

There is 2 different ways that i used to combo with W.

1. Holding W down all the time
    (Z Target then press down W and press R once to get R hits and simply use your skills. I used my middle finger to hold down W, Ring finger to use #2 and index finger to use the remaining skills. I Also used middle finger to switch skill page and then i repeat the procedure.

2. W+R skill wich i found smoother. Same as first one but instead of holding down W just do W-R-Skill-W-R-Skill.
    Middle finger to use #2+3 and index for the rest. Also i use my Ring finger to Z target.

Use your right hand to control pots/minor and to manage the mouse when needed.

dogdog

There is 2 different ways that i used to combo with W.

1. Holding W down all the time
    (Z Target then press down W and press R once to get R hits and simply use your skills. I used my middle finger to hold down W, Ring finger to use #2 and index finger to use the remaining skills. I Also used middle finger to switch skill page and then i repeat the procedure.

2. W+R skill wich i found smoother. Same as first one but instead of holding down W just do W-R-Skill-W-R-Skill.
    Middle finger to use #2+3 and index for the rest. Also i use my Ring finger to Z target.

Use your right hand to control pots/minor and to manage the mouse when needed.[/b]

#1 Seems a little akward for me since i'm not use to it... my index finger is having a hard time hitting #3... But i guess this is just something that takes some getting use to

Also, does holding down W cancel the skill animation?

enigma69

#1 Seems a little akward for me since i'm not use to it... my index finger is having a hard time hitting #3... But i guess this is just something that takes some getting use to

Also, does holding down W cancel the skill animation?[/b]
    if your right on top of them yes, but the second laag happens and they get some odd burst of speed and your a couple feet behind, no.

also with the #1 way of comboing, the second you use a skill too early it fuks up the combo and takes for ever to recover, where when u do W R skill W R skill if you mess up you can recover instantly like nothing happened.

dogdog

if your right on top of them yes, but the second laag happens and they get some odd burst of speed and your a couple feet behind, no.

also with the #1 way of comboing, the second you use a skill too early it fuks up the combo and takes for ever to recover, where when u do W R skill W R skill if you mess up you can recover instantly like nothing happened.[/b]
    I have never tried the W R Skill W R Skill combo, but I pressume that if your enemy is running away, this combo won't allow you to stay right up close to him?

Middle finger to use #2+3 and index for the rest. Also i use my Ring finger to Z target.[/b]
    Do you use your middle finger to tap W in this scenario?

enigma69

no you can stay right on top of them just by holding down the W key while continuing a normal r skill rr skill rr combo, keeping you right on top of them. if they are not moving and you want to make sure that your animation is canceled you can do the w r skill w r skill. or continue doing w r skill rr skill, but if you do that sometimes you can a delay at the begining from some glitchy crap.

dogdog

no you can stay right on top of them just by holding down the W key while continuing a normal r skill rr skill rr combo, keeping you right on top of them. if they are not moving and you want to make sure that your animation is canceled you can do the w r skill w r skill. or continue doing w r skill rr skill, but if you do that sometimes you can a delay at the begining from some glitchy crap.[/b]
    I'm not sure if i understand the last statement you made (in bold).

So you are saying if you WR combo by holding down W, sometimes there is a glitch at the beginning of this combo?

Please explain futhur. Thanks.

enigma69

it might be just with me but sometimes when i W combo, and i am right on top of the person i get glitched up where i can't skill at the start and there is a delay, so i usually just hold down the click button to run where i think the person is going, and do skill r combo, this way if the person randomly stops from laag i can continue to run around him where i think he will be when he gets the burst of speed from the laag.

with the W combo i just get glitched up sometimes >.> try to combo 2 fast or something dono.

dogdog

I think I am going to try to use W(hold) - R - Skill 1 - Skill 2 - etc... combo

I have one question about this WR combo method... Between Skill 1 and Skill 2 am I not suppose to double tap R ?

I am guessing that holding down W cancels the animation, therefore double taping rr is not needed?

Thanks.

Taeho

You can either just hold down W and use skills as they cooldown. Lazymans combo FTW. When you want to cancle priests though throw in a RR inbetween skills.

if youre standing still you have to R twice, if youre running you can do it once or as many times as you like felix style. Thats if youre holding W all the time. I think its best to tap the W when standing still, like skill-w-r, and then hold it down when they run off.

i always opened with a skill, not an R. Reason being that you hit from further away so you start the combo sooner and end it later. Doing a 3hit or 5hit quick burst is much easier if you start with a skill because if he starts moving away you can still land one last skill on him at the end. If you open with R then you wont be able to fit in as much skill damage in the same timeframe.

dogdog

You can either just hold down W and use skills as they cooldown. Lazymans combo FTW. When you want to cancle priests though throw in a RR inbetween skills.[/b]
    well, since i'm new to comboing this might be the best combo to learn to minor combo...

aero

Do what feels best, WR combo is good if your minor is slow since the skill animation doesnt show

dogdog

if youre standing still you have to R twice, if youre running you can do it once or as many times as you like felix style. Thats if youre holding W all the time. I think its best to tap the W when standing still, like skill-w-r, and then hold it down when they run off.

i always opened with a skill, not an R. Reason being that you hit from further away so you start the combo sooner and end it later. Doing a 3hit or 5hit quick burst is much easier if you start with a skill because if he starts moving away you can still land one last skill on him at the end. If you open with R then you wont be able to fit in as much skill damage in the same timeframe.[/b]
    what fingers do you use to do your skill-w-r combo ?

just to clarify what he was saying before about the glitch where your opponent gets a sec to run away, what happens is, usually on purpose, someone goes backwards for just the right amount of time then continues on forwards and the character lags on your screen and you get stuck where he was, some people have perfected this and can really screw you up lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast