my heals always fail -.-

This is a discussion on my heals always fail -.- within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; i play support mage and priest. my priest has kz 5, old rol's, In neck, glass belt, old SSE, gabs ...
Page: 1

Default my heals always fail -.-

i play support mage and priest. my priest has kz 5, old rol's, In neck, glass belt, old SSE, gabs blessing 7, and smite hammer 7. i know my gear is not the best. but i feel like my heals fail 95% of the time when attacked. other priests seem to get them off. am i missing something? does more ac benifit my healing chance? so i need to invest in 7 kz? or is that just a little bit of dmg reduction and health bonus? does wepon defence play a roll? i can stand the damage i just need to heal lol.

O_o Senior Member

Just keep moving all the time. Walk like 2 seconds then use heal.. Don't stand w.o moving and spam heal like a nub..

oooohh see.. this is why i post this crap. i would stop all the time =S, despite making me realize the nub that i am.. thanks for the advise!

O_o Senior Member

NP xD

What the makes your heal fail is the enemy's R hit, that's why when you fight Mage partys (unless they are directly attacking you) you can stand and heal.

Unless they are lightning mages =/ wich you cant heal or run lol

I find that the best time to stop a priest from healing is to "r" attack them when their arms start to go up. Just keep moving until you want to cast your skill and you should do fine.

I noticed that simply pressing s and stepping back prior to casting heal tends to keep them from getting cancelled as much.

You should never be just stood there tanking 2-3 people, any melee that are putting out alot of pressure on you should be putting themselves in bad spots, if your positioning is right , they will be prime targets for kills. You should be co-ordinating with either your melee or your debuffer to land kills on over-extending melee for counterpressure, they will either die or be forced back. That being said, it's not possible to have good positioning yourself if your playing with either bad melee or a bad mage, like the guy above says, tapping s between heals and cancelling your anime with s does increase the chances of landing your heals if for whatever reason you are forced into straight up tanking.

Weapon defence is always a key stat on priests unless your server is full of mages. Iron set, dd cap and even spear/club def is always useful.

Re-roll DB and play with a pro buffer and they will generally pickup 70% of the heals anyway.

I heard about Male priests casts slower than fmelae, is it true?

I don't know if its actually fact, but for some reason me and ninsuu can't play male priests. Always end up cancelling heals to early lol.

If you are in a though situation, press W (walk away from your enemies for a fraction o second) and start the heal. reapeat that if you get cancelled...in my experience, it works within the first 3 tries on 90% of the time