Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Complete Mage

This is a discussion on Complete Mage within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Hi guys, I think I'm going to start playing a mage. So basically I was hoping if you other experienced ...
Page: 1

Default Complete Mage

Hi guys, I think I'm going to start playing a mage. So basically I was hoping if you other experienced mage players can help me with basically lvling/pking with a mage on these topics (which is basically everything).

- I want my mage to be a support but get her stun/slow in as much as possible so what should my stats be?

- I want krowaz / shell set on my mage, would this maximize what i desire in #1 or do i have to use other armor?

- What should my skill bar look like? Other than my aoes on one bar, what skills do i get for attacks that arent aoe?

- What tips are best against rogues who aim for me?

- In what order should i use my masteries to maximize damage with my skills?

- What is the best way to farm money for a mage?

- What lvl should i do each of the following (graveyard, harpies, dk)

- Items, what items should i get for a perfect mage and what should i get working up to it (decent items)

I been around for quite a bit so I know the basics of a mage, just havent really played one intensively. Please reply with thoughout answers instead of "oh blink is very good for escape"

I also prefer lighting mage because I can blink out and tp my team out with ice as a second. If you play a full ice mage or fire, can you tell my why you play it instead of an lightning mage (other than lightning is support and i likes fire to kill)

Also builds/tip for ardreams is welcomed too.

it depends on your budget and server...

Krowaz +6 or +7 is a must...it is the best armor out there...if you cant afford +7, get +6...the difference isnt much.

ice is good, especially lvl 80 ice...you can really screw up parties with that skill.
    blink is a good skill, itll help you run away and tp your party...so i guess it depends on whether or not you have people to constantly play with.

if youre going for support, i would strongly consider ice mage...you can lvl 80 ice, slow, and also use a shield gabs and get some good defense.

for leveling

35-60 go to graveyards.
    60-80 go to dark knight, booro, dark stone parties.
    if you dont know anyone in CZ, dont go seeking when youre 60...no one will party you =D
    just get some nice gear and start pming people for party and theyll add you haha

items

for support, i would get krowaz for sure.
    iron set (or ep2 if you get shield)
    old sse at least, if you can...get bronze earring +3s, they give good AC and HP and are MUCH cheaper than SSE3s and LKP+4s and health wise, are just as good as either.
    rings...get imir or shios...if youre going total support, then id get old rols or stick with the imir or shios

dd15 or 25 helmet is a must

for staff, id get either a chaotic, elysium, garp or oasis...lght or glacier erenions are ok too.. especially if youre going support...get a +8 then but dont plan on staff attacking...just laying down an AOE

thanks for the reply, it helped quite a bit

i have more questions though,

- if you hit 60 and dont have good gear, what do you do to exp if you don't get a party? graveyard solo all day?

-if your going against a party with 2 rogues, do you switch your krowaz helm in and out? or just leave it on because you lose too much bonus if you switch it out?

- chaotic / oasis vs elysium / garp vs erenions , what are the strong points of each?

- with this your build, what percent of stuns / slows do you get per staff hit and per aoe?

- what is the chance for lvl 80 ice skill and its range?

- how good is an non support ice mage?

u can go eslant ar 60 witg not that good gear and get paramums parties

Banned

I would go light for support... Blink is very very usefull for support mage, it can save your ass lots of time, when all the party go on you, you can click on their priest and then you are in the other side, and the only enemies who will get to you then are the rogues :P

Now for armor ofcourse krowaz for high def high hp and high resis. get yourself Gabs Adament or DS + Holy Animor, iron set is kinda a must, and I would go for LKP for hp and resis, and I would get dual legionare band for GG resis and hp.

Now about lvling, when you get to emc do zombies till you get lvl 45 aoe, and then go to harpy till like lvl 62-63,then you can do DKs (ofcourse if you know people, or got mage clan or something, coz otherwise no one gonna add you )
    If you go light its gonna be abit problem to get to lvl 45 coz of low dmg, and your aoe will also stun the harpys so it sux :P but youll be able to get apostle and paramun partys sometimes and who doesnt like leeching in exp partys?

Now for making money... The most important part, do Chaos everyday and win it, its free money. BDW ofcourse too, I would save the chests (like 20) and open. And well... I think thats basiclly the only way lol... Just try to upgrade your +5 crimsons so youll have some money to start with, and then keep making +7 chitins till you have enough money to go for the high class weapons like raptor shard etc and make them +7

Now to your second reply.. Zombies are really shitty exp, especially if you dont have exp prem.. So if you get lvl 60 and still have no items, I would try to go to harpy or esland and try to join paramun party saying you are lr mage

Hmm i wouldn't use DD helmet if I had krowaz set (or any other weapon def) Cause youll lose too much HP and def, I dont think it will worth it...

Elysium and Garp are for higher dmg. Chaotic and Oasis are for the DD bonus and still high ap ofc, but with Biffrost staffs at same + of ED staffs, Biffrost staffs will hit more... I would go for chaotic / oasis if I was support mage (or personal pole +7/+8 :P )

Now how good is none support ice mage... As I said, blink is very very usefull, and ofcourse stun rate is lower then ice rate, but when it works, and you got full party, the guy whos stuned gonna 1000% die.

I wrote so much xD I hope it helped you

El Shaddai Senior Member zecabr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mistaleet View Post

- if you hit 60 and dont have good gear, what do you do to exp if you don't get a party? graveyard solo all day?

booro and ds party will add you mainly for tp, all u need is a good lookin staff, and cospre to hide complete lol.

-if your going against a party with 2 rogues, do you switch your krowaz helm in and out? or just leave it on because you lose too much bonus if you switch it out?

on my 80 mage i barely put the krowaz helm, most of time i keep the dd on, totally worth it ( crimson dd+7 )

- chaotic / oasis vs elysium / garp vs erenions , what are the strong points of each?

chaotic/oasis has dd and hp but hits less, elysium/garp hits more but no dd/hp.

- with this your build, what percent of stuns / slows do you get per staff hit and per aoe?

to stun or slow u'd need at least old shio's/imir's and a oasis/chaotic,but the stun/slow rate wouldnt be that big. Also recommend u to have old rol's or rom's+1/+2 if going support shield build, i stun alot with 220 mp imir's+2 and a faun+7.

- what is the chance for lvl 80 ice skill and its range?

cube is based on enemie's hp, as higher hp = higher chance of cubing.

as ice u have to be shield mage coz of no blink, then u would only nova to slow ppl and cube priests or even strong meeles on you, im light mp mage 220 mp 160 int rest hp, and i survive coz of blink, its cool to support u can stun priests, blind, and blink away when dying, i preffer that over ice support coz ice shield is too boring for me.

hope this helps ya.

Uruk-hai / Blade / Tron aoe. itīs a little depending on where (auto-)archers let you exp. And ofc what build you take. If you go complete cause of the dd-helmet and choose anything else but flame you do not do damage at lvl60. Not at all. Nada. Niente. You can still annoy orcs in bdw but solo exp will be really hard. And it`s only two strong single-attack-skills, not three.

Either way everything is good for solo-exp that is killable for an archer. Later you can progress for cz treants for enchant-scrolls and aoe hobgoblins in cz. Harpies are good cause they hover so you can use burst-aoe-skill.

I personally hate lvl60s in dk but if you can get into a party, sure. For exp Iīd go with crystal till ~70 then linens till you can afford krowaz.

On my 80 I only use krowaz helmet in solo-exp and for undy but Iīm on an old server so itīs really really worth it.

I rarely see stuns from novas while I do see slows from other ppls novas. On my priest stuns exactly end when I put on a scorpion shield so resist makes a huge difference (lvl72-77 bdw that is). 160 int / 185 mp / rest hp at lvl81 / cursed light staff +7 / dual imir+2.

A focussed support mage that keeps party on look-distance will be good no matter what build . You can start thinking about damage on a support mage around lvl80, not a single bit earlier. Then again your targets will be 80 as well. Best compromise is a linen-dread-shield mage imho but he will never one-hit targets like a paper probably might.
    hope this helps as well. :-)

Appreciate the effort you guys are putting in, thank you.

After reading what you all said, its clear that a mage needs some friends or good items.

Things I'm still wondering about:

- What mobs do you farm for money/ more ways to get money instead of BDW/FT/ETC

- What's your skill bar and what order do you use your skills to [escape/attack/farm] In what order should it be for ardreams and what order it should be to maximize my masteries

- When to teleport your teammates; I usually tp my priest back if they are duff'd, my warriors back when they are under 25% and duffed, rogues if they are "oom" or duffed at 60%, and other mages the instant they get duffed. What do you do in certain conditions?

- What attacks do the most damage for long range (lvl 59 n 80) fail safe (lvl 59 n 80) close range (lvl 59 n 80)

- Also attacks that have a higher chance of stunning/slowing than others (lvl 59 and 80)

- Two rogues running at you and your duff'd what do you do? No Blink in this situation

- Certain kinks with certain attacks

- From what you guys write, a support shield ice mage is a must for ice mages. anyone who builds an ice mage differently? whats your intake on it?

- Any other builds except for support that really kicks ass and whats its pros and cons

- How long did it take you to get 80? did you get parties all the time? mixed? or solo'd exped hardcore ?

- Plus whats a build you would go for extreme damage with some survivability (not full silk builds only please) per ice , lightnin, and fire

thanks again, you guys have helped me a lot

Banned

Appreciate the effort you guys are putting in, thank you.

After reading what you all said, its clear that a mage needs some friends or good items.

Things I'm still wondering about:

Mobs to farm hmmm, I would go for uruks as their monster stone drop is pretty gg :P

- What's your skill bar and what order do you use your skills to [escape/attack/farm] In what order should it be for ardreams and what order it should be to maximize my masteries

I dont think we can suggest you about skillbar, just try making your own skillbar, skillbar you think will be good for you and that youll do good with it...

- When to teleport your teammates; I usually tp my priest back if they are duff'd, my warriors back when they are under 25% and duffed, rogues if they are "oom" or duffed at 60%, and other mages the instant they get duffed. What do you do in certain conditions?

I dont go like that, ofcourse I look on party bar to see the HP but I also look ingame to see whos getting ganged and if he gets heals and if he is duffed. If I see that there are like 2+ ppl on 1 guy, I see his HP and if he is duffed first, if he is not and priest healing him, I wont tp, but when he get duffed Ill tp him right away. When its priest, Ill stay close to party, so when Ill tp him I wont screw the party and leave them without priest, and then just stay as far as possible from him, and tp him, then change side and do it again... Thats basiclly what u should do I guess
    Now when it comes to town and save all, just go for the duffed guy with the lowest hp

- What attacks do the most damage for long range (lvl 59 n 80) fail safe (lvl 59 n 80) close range (lvl 59 n 80)

The best far skills for ardream (ice mage) are Impact, Ice Comment, Frostbite and ice blast. and at 70+ just add all the new far skills you get, they will make higher dmg then the rest.

- Also attacks that have a higher chance of stunning/slowing than others (lvl 59 and 80)

Hmmm I dont remember the names but if im not wrong its stun chain(?) or something like this, youll see in light 2x attacks that has very long range, those 2 can stun pretty good from what Ive seen, and also Discharge stun pretty nice, and ofcourse all the other high lvl skills...

- Two rogues running at you and your duff'd what do you do? No Blink in this situation

If there are 2 rogues on you full duffed (dcz situation) you better town coz youll die 100% but if you dont wanna town you can try to tp priest \ wariror on u, and ofc have ur dd helmet on, and hope for good :P if its in cz, do the same but youll most likely die

I dont understand :P

- From what you guys write, a support shield ice mage is a must for ice mages. anyone who builds an ice mage differently? whats your intake on it?

- Any other builds except for support that really kicks ass and whats its pros and cons
    Support = high ac + hp basiclly, so for dcz crimson + ds, and for 70+ krowaz + ds / gabs, now when you got those items, you can chose whether you want higher HP, or you want to make some dmg, if you want dmg, go for MP, if you want HP, go for HP (I suggest you go HP)

- How long did it take you to get 80? did you get parties all the time? mixed? or solo'd exped hardcore ?

I didnt lvl my mage to 80 yet (stoped at 65 coz of g4y school) but from 59, I got to 62 in 1 day, and then 1 day for each lvl after it, and all this without premium So lvling is really easy if u got exp prem. Thats how I did with looking for exp Harpy > DK > solo Uruk Tron (if I didnt find Harpy I went DK then Trons)

- Plus whats a build you would go for extreme damage with some survivability (not full silk builds only please) per ice , lightnin, and fire

My DCZ ice mage is 160 int, and rest to mp, and has dual shio +2, and oasis +8, and i spam 400 dmg + with frozen blade, I have +7 dd on 24/7 and glass belt ( dont have IN yet ) and I sourvive pretty good against sins and warriors, with para malice I can sourvive the spike thurst and thats enough coz after priest give me heal and cure I can pwn his ass

thanks again, you guys have helped me a lot
    I hope it helped :P

Stone golems for monsterstones / Shell parts / iron bow / mp rec weaps. Thing is, tssed cheat archers camp there. So still: cz treants.

I like your percentages. Tho, it really depends. Just keep in mind that once anyones hp drops to 50% most of the times the other 50% will go alot faster. I dunno about c-west but turks are total ks-artists.
    I watch ppls mana - if it moves, drops, rises, I know someone is fighting and not spamming hp-pots cause he`s in trouble. On rogues you can try to find out if they minor, attack or just get run desperately.
    I always tp priest away last. Poor priests. getting used to it tho :-P

I mostly slow with skill 18. Not cause it`s strongest skill but cause it`s fast and casts fast (low chance of disturbance) and often. Really short ranged I like frostbite but if I get kills itīs ice-comet and ice-blast -> you need that range for anyone running away and it really does the last hit every now and then.

if parasited, gate. with torment: try to take the spike and run in circles. First thought to me is: Will something probably exp me? Impact shoots a projectile which might as well hit a dk -> not healthy. If there is nothing in between: run into their direction, blade, run in circles, wait for help / tp / tp help. You can`t run away from them so you can as well blade. just don`t stop moving (so no manes for now).
    I donīt blink in the first place. Blink is so slow that I happen to get tped (by another mage), see him, but blinked same second and end up 20m away from the point where I used skill. This takes the exact same amount of time a rogue with lightfeet needs to get to my new position. c.r.a.p skill.

No, it`s hard to get parties at all on older server, best after ed. eslant is completely dead for mages. 75 to 80 took me a year but I did not get much exp out of clan. On a good evening I get 1% a day on way to 82. I know a friend that did 81 to 82 on an archer soloing uruk trons in like.. six months?

Curious on answers on the extreme-damage part myself :-)

stop hoping it helps cuz it does =)

bump this topic, i want to see other different kind of mages viewpoints as well.

more mage questions

does mane stun? or do you only use it to maximize damage?

how often do you get invited to paramums? do they love you? or it is just another "eh" thing.

int increases stun chance?

ur tp order if your in town

best type of cursed weapon for support/attack mage?

tips on fighting other mage parties

and if its fine with you, posts your stats and explain why you have it for ur certain mage

really appreciate the help!

Banned

stop hoping it helps cuz it does =)

bump this topic, i want to see other different kind of mages viewpoints as well.

more mage questions

does mane stun? or do you only use it to maximize damage?

Mane? o_O

how often do you get invited to paramums? do they love you? or it is just another "eh" thing.

It depends.... Usualy I was going there and trying to make my own party, or just going there and waiting for room and they werea adding me

int increases stun chance?

Back then it was INT... Now Ive heard its the AP on the staff o_O But I still think that INT helps... So if youll have krowaz / crimsons youll still stun good

ur tp order if your in town

It depends... If the priests are getting attacked by alot, I guess Ill tp them first and then try to save all the other people who getting attacked, but then I can screw them up coz Ill leave them without a priest... So basicly what I do is tp the guy with the lowest HP

best type of cursed weapon for support/attack mage?

I wouldn't chose cursed staff coz of the -def thing... (-70 def at +7) But anyway if you go for it, Aztec gold is the best imo... But I would first trying to get my personal staff +7 (or the pole coz its gg for support and has nice hp and resis)

Now if you go for attack, I would go with the Aztec Gold +7 or Oasis/ Chaotic / Scorching +8 if they cost less, they will also make nice dmg and wont reduce your def (again, by 70!!!) and will give you DD which is gg.

tips on fighting other mage parties

Stay away from your party, and try to seperate your party members, so novas wont screw your party's ass

and if its fine with you, posts your stats and explain why you have it for ur certain mage

I can post my dcz mage, but it has no valks or pathos and its full attack mage so states arent that great

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is with Dual CE +1, EP, Skelly, Shio +2 / +1, Oasis +8, DD +7 and Crimsons +7, and without any buffs and valks =\

And even with those states I can tank 2 sins (with buff) and even get to kill them ^^ the problem is when I get para malice, I die in 2 hits ^^

really appreciate the help!
    Gotta write something

full damage ice mage in dcz? how is it? you must be pretty buff to tank 2 rogues. so how much do you do to them?

and by mane i mean that failsafe close range attack

Banned

With blade? spam 370~400 with shio +2/+1 and oasis 8

And with ice commet 500, but my ice rate is pretty gg, there are ppl that i can spam slow (Xerooooooo <3 ) and some more priests

If I could get iron neck + valks, I would be unkillable... sersly... All I need is like 1.5k hp with parasite, 10 more dd, and I can tank 1-2 rogues with para malice

contrary to what a few posters have said about graveyard zombies giving crap xp...i lvled there when i couldnt get into a booro or dk party till about 73 or so...it was decent xp and definitely was good till i hit 70...

its easier to kill than harpies, zero chance of dying, and the % per hour was almost the same as harpies...if not slightly higher.

if you have a hard time getting into cz xp parties, id definitely recommend graveyard parties

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast