New to warrior need some advice

This is a discussion on New to warrior need some advice within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; First post so be nice Been thinking for a while now about leveling my warrior on the long road 70+ ...
Page: 1

Cullyn

Default New to warrior need some advice

First post so be nice
    Been thinking for a while now about leveling my warrior on the long road 70+ got a sin coming up to take its place in RLB & ive always wanted a high level warrior.
    What are your guys thoughts on what I should get next, armour or improve my accessories sorry for noob questions never really played warrior much, leveled this one mainly using my mage when had 2 working pc lol

Current lvl 69
    Currently using the magic armour +7 (as sold all my chitin rb)
    Ears = +8 str belt = +8 str
    Rings = quest ones
    pendant = amulet curse+1 or lupus +0

I know stuffs bad didn’t have a lot of cash was concentrating on my mage
    The main question I have is should I look at changing my accessories or armour first

I've been thinking to either change the rings for 2xFOV+0 ( cant afford ROC ) or change belt for a string of skulls as ive only got 12gb at min

Or should I leave the accessories for now as will only be levelling really except bdw & get proper str armour either shell +7 set or try get 2 or 3 pieces of chitin +8 pauldron & pads as I have a set of +7 shell boots or would renting be better on armor when i need shell set for now

Any advice appreciated

Banned

stay rlb bro... with this armor and accesory youll get owned really fast

work on armor and use quest accesory..

Like the previous guy said, Stay RLB.

once you go into CZ, your gonna have rogues using critical point on you for about 3-4k with that gear. 2 hits and your dead.

If you really want to go CZ, i suggest you get better accessories first, atleast +0 uniques. Then get a DD helmet, then get your +7 shells or whatever

Dude..depending on your server. Personally.. i have 3x magic shell peaces on my lvl 80 warrior haha, that stuff is awesome. I'm using them till i can afford chiitn 8 guants and boots. Really... I kno this for a Fact! in a un-buffed vs..and HP warrior ownz a str warrior. My advice...stay 69 for a while. Work up some coin... buy low, re-sell high... upgrade (only if ur good at it) make items... aka cursed wepaons/ect.. do things to earn money until u can afford some uniques. Dual Foverin is good, it will keep you alive. Then a warrior pendant+1... A string of skulls is a decent belt... but try to get a skele or glass/iron when u can... (belt is usually lats thing that u get cuz in the end u want an iron belt) earrings are a tought one... on my lvl 80 i have a pe+0 and opal ear+2... i would say try to get 1x we and 1x pe... or dual WE because foverins don't have much resistance on them. I hope what i said helps you some... I kno it is a lot for uniques...but they are worth it. And when u are done with your uniques... Think about a shell8 puldron...then slowly work off of that for armor. Right now i have shell8 puldron/pads... and i can't afford +8shell boots/gaunts so i'm gettin chitin+8 boots and gaunts.... Oh and on the rings.. I got a fov+1 and HV+1... so maybe a fov+0 and hero's valor+0... the hero's will help a ton with your resistance!

Here is what u can do with your money-- Keep magic shell for the hp. Get dual DR+0-sash of sorrows+0 wp+0 and 2x opal ear+0 (maybe 1x opal ear and 1x minatour earring if ME are same price as opal ears)
    Last edited by wiseman; 08-17-2009 at 05:55 AM. Reason: more information

Quote Originally Posted by wiseman View Post
    Dude..depending on your server. Personally.. i have 3x magic shell peaces on my lvl 80 warrior haha, that stuff is awesome. I'm using them till i can afford chiitn 8 guants and boots. Really... I kno this for a Fact! in a un-buffed vs..and HP warrior ownz a str warrior. My advice...stay 69 for a while. Work up some coin... buy low, re-sell high... upgrade (only if ur good at it) make items... aka cursed wepaons/ect.. do things to earn money until u can afford some uniques. Dual Foverin is good, it will keep you alive. Then a warrior pendant+1... A string of skulls is a decent belt... but try to get a skele or glass/iron when u can... (belt is usually lats thing that u get cuz in the end u want an iron belt) earrings are a tought one... on my lvl 80 i have a pe+0 and opal ear+2... i would say try to get 1x we and 1x pe... or dual WE because foverins don't have much resistance on them. I hope what i said helps you some... I kno it is a lot for uniques...but they are worth it. And when u are done with your uniques... Think about a shell8 puldron...then slowly work off of that for armor. Right now i have shell8 puldron/pads... and i can't afford +8shell boots/gaunts so i'm gettin chitin+8 boots and gaunts.... Oh and on the rings.. I got a fov+1 and HV+1... so maybe a fov+0 and hero's valor+0... the hero's will help a ton with your resistance!

Here is what u can do with your money-- Keep magic shell for the hp. Get dual DR+0-sash of sorrows+0 wp+0 and 2x opal ear+0 (maybe 1x opal ear and 1x minatour earring if ME are same price as opal ears)
    Wrong, ive done full str builds / full hp builds/ full AC builds and i have to say the least effective of all of these was the hp build (including unbuffed 1v1's), sure ur hp might be higher but that just means u get inflicted with more dmg from each hit cos u aint got no defense.

ur an 80 warrior so of course u notice less of a difference but when ur lower, stats count alot more.

My best advice to u is gear urself for defense, i had a warrior with 1900ac in dcz 1400ap and i can say ive never pwned like that b4 even in cz on 75+ warrior (str built)

keep this in mind, it doesnt matter if ur ap isnt high enuff to kill ppl because u can just KS like every other person in this game, u need to be able to minimize dmg recieved as much as possible, defense is what will keep u alive.

Quote Originally Posted by bennyboy3001 View Post
    Wrong, ive done full str builds / full hp builds/ full AC builds and i have to say the least effective of all of these was the hp build (including unbuffed 1v1's), sure ur hp might be higher but that just means u get inflicted with more dmg from each hit cos u aint got no defense.

ur an 80 warrior so of course u notice less of a difference but when ur lower, stats count alot more.

My best advice to u is gear urself for defense, i had a warrior with 1900ac in dcz 1400ap and i can say ive never pwned like that b4 even in cz on 75+ warrior (str built)

keep this in mind, it doesnt matter if ur ap isnt high enuff to kill ppl because u can just KS like every other person in this game, u need to be able to minimize dmg recieved as much as possible, defense is what will keep u alive.
    Lol, i would love to see you come to my server and try to beat me with your builds.
    On a lower lvl warrior... in vs, Mana is a KEY factor... and the more hp u have, the more mana u have, meaning the more attacks u get to use before u have to mp pot...meaning the more u can spam hp pots at the beginning of vs.

And if u look at the part you BOLDED out... I said a hp warrior ownz a str warrior.... I never said anything about a Defence whore... But go and bash on me because i gave my openion from my personal experience of playing a warrior for 3-4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by bennyboy3001 View Post

1900ac in dcz? lol

i prefer a balance of str/hp...

and yes i 100% agree with wiseman, MP is a massive help...

Cullyn

Thanks guys given me something to think about.
    Eazelt your right i would get rip up in cz if i try to pk on this warrior with all 83 with +9 items hell i get rolled quick by some of them on my 80 mage, but wasnt looking to pk with it in cz yet would be leveling with only pk in bdw.

Wiseman nice advice i was thinking about the FOV HV combination i know ac on hero is low but those resist are good.
    Not sure on minatour ear with no ac but all ears are expensive & it is a step up from the +8 str lol & prices aren't that bad on them or opals.

Though as you say need to make some cash dam pet hack in moradon cant sell +5 lugias at min. Think i will work around the pendent for now till can afford a WP+1 dont find AOC+1 too bad even if little ac on it.

On a belt i was thinking of maybe just getting a 12str /1hp or 14st /2hp for now not that keen on sash of sorrows seem expensive for what it is though has got couple nice resists but not sure depends if can find one of the above cheaper.

Iwas a more hp build on this warrior coming up to 69 but found i got ksed alot in rlb so current im 255 str will restat to lower str again when get higher level but for now dont see point in wasting cash to restat again as will mainly be leveling & your definatly right about mp i hated when i ran out when missed a pot lol no mp = dead

Thanks guys got bit thinking to do & cash to make

Quote Originally Posted by wiseman View Post
    Lol, i would love to see you come to my server and try to beat me with your builds.
    On a lower lvl warrior... in vs, Mana is a KEY factor... and the more hp u have, the more mana u have, meaning the more attacks u get to use before u have to mp pot...meaning the more u can spam hp pots at the beginning of vs.

And if u look at the part you BOLDED out... I said a hp warrior ownz a str warrior.... I never said anything about a Defence whore... But go and bash on me because i gave my openion from my personal experience of playing a warrior for 3-4 years.
    I dont wana start flame wars here, im just 100% sure of myself wen it comes to warrior... That annoying guy u cant scratch but see getting kills every now n then (thats me) any other class i know the average amount about but ive tested EVERYTHING extensively when it comes to warrior, u saying Mana is more important then AC just bewilders me and shows me u clearly dont have a very good potting combo. This guy is working on a fair low budget here so he cant afford to be good in all areas so he needs to start off with the most important things first and HP just isnt it, sorry

oh n btw im be more then willing to take up ur challenge :P sounds like fun
    Last edited by bennyboy3001; 08-17-2009 at 08:16 PM.

Yeah stay 69 for now. Because a warrior naturally has high AC and HP, you dont really need to buy "over the top" uniques such as a ROC or PE in RLB. But if you want to go 70+ you will have to get better gear as most 80+ in CZ are +9 armour and weap now.
    Quest gear is alright for now, but u would really need to get shell+7 for the AC and str. In my opinion, chitin+8 in RLB sucks even compared to shell+7. You may have high AP but you will get hit hard especially when you are maliced. My advice is get a high AP weapon such as a raptor+8/+9 which gives you high AP and your uniques should give you your AC; such as FOV+0 or ROC+0.
    There really is no better build for a warrior. Its all personal choice and how you want to gear up.

@bennyboy3001: 1900AC, are you retarded? You must be wearing a shield or something. There is no way you can get that high on a DCZ even if you had +3 uniques and +9 armour.