Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is the best shield for +75

This is a discussion on What is the best shield for +75 within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; What is the Best Shield for +75 Int Priest ? many said CS is the best but some say Ademnt ...
Page: 1

Default What is the best shield for +75

What is the Best Shield for +75 Int Priest ?

many said CS is the best but some say Ademnt Rocks too

cs was the best SHIELD for oldschool/old days player , nowadays usko got more shields with 3xx ac (i dont even know the name but i saw a few ss's of this kind of shields) with DD AxeD SpearD ClubD SwordD ( not same of "50" but almost the same counting the ac)

i think cs's should be for rogue's/mage's support nowdays (cus of low STR)not for priest , they can farm some gg shield easly.

GABS by far now, you could get dread but I think it's a bit shit tbh.

gab adamant +7 is the best shield you can get , cs is also good ;D

Quote Originally Posted by xeck View Post
    gab adamant +7 is the best shield you can get , cs is also good ;D
    well +8 is better still :P

but yeh i'd go GABS for sure 75+

Tnx for Advise

all said gabs is the best....specially Adment have nice Curse ^^

Once you try a Gabs +7 or +8, you will forget about all the other shields for a priest.
    Last edited by r1ckyb0by; 03-09-2010 at 04:03 PM. Reason: grammer correction -- yes I am that anal about it.

Cs is ofcourse the best shield but if we should be realistic Gab's adamant or blessing if u can't afford that... Dread shield +7

if u only look at received dmg i would say CS is the best...BUT:

on my 79 int priest, chitin8 build with very good items i tested cs5 vs personal6 vs adamant 7

cs beated all 3 ofc...by like 50dmg

personal was almost like adamant, but adamant has nice effect that saves your arse a lot in large ganbangs (i noticed the bigger the gangbang, more it activates, maybe its just a feeling and maybe it is correct)

nevertheless, personal is free (100% to +5 with trina and its "not bad" at +5), adamant is expensive, cs costs too much and i personally beleive its just because its cs, and not because you get what you paid for...BUT, there is one more thing about cs i think its worth to mention...and thats "the looks"

ppl are old fashioned, imagin a party with 3 priests, one has cs, one has adamant and one has personal. who will get gangbanged the most? in my personal experience cs priest in this situation gets ganbanged the last because ppl will think...fuk! he has a cs...go for other guy (even if the guy with cs is naked in valkiry and other guys have great gear)

same thing can be noticed with BPs, you can be a BP with full +9/+3 and every1 will attack BP first, even if right next to him is a warrior with shells+7 and quest uniqes...wolfpack mentality, nothing you can do about it

conclusion:
    if u have personal +5 (or higher) keep it, use the money to get other items better. if u burned your ps aim for adamant

and if u are so rich that your dont give a rats ass than buy cs just for the looks :P

Quote Originally Posted by kerber View Post
    personal was almost like adamant, but adamant has nice effect that saves your arse a lot in large ganbangs (i noticed the bigger the gangbang, more it activates, maybe its just a feeling and maybe it is correct)
    don't forget about DD

and it has a set % to activate while being attacked, so the more people attacks you, the more it activates

It really depends on which server u play, if its older server where CS is usual and We deffences too, then i would Get CS and some shield with 40/48 dagger deffense. Other i would definately take Gabs +7/+8 Adamant.

Quote Originally Posted by cizia View Post
    don't forget about DD

+1 for that...i keep forgetting dam it

choose based on server, some servers are purely "warrior" server, here you will do good enough with only dd helm, other servers favour more balanced shield

however DD makes a very important thing on adamant, theres only 1 shield in this group (best shields) that has DD, which makes adamant the most balanced of all
    Last edited by kerber; 03-11-2010 at 02:39 PM.

Yea its balanced but not best combo :P if u can afford CS and good DD shield... The best Way would be to take all 3 of them.

Gabs-> when lot of melees attacks u (warriors+rogues)
    DD shield-> ronly for rogues
    Chitin -> Warrior and BP

or if possible get a fp 25 dd helm and a cs+5/6, thats always a good way to go, just put the helmet on when rogues around, therefore u only lose about 200-300 hp, 30ac but have great defences...

Implmp

Well honestly I think it was well said, however having three shields is a bit meh, on older servers espically diez a cs is very nice, just due to the amount of warriors, and rogues are so few and far inbetween a personal/cs helps alot. I had a gabs however it just didnt match up i really needed the more sd/axe/spear.

cs/personal/gabs imo, on older servers

cs/gabs/personal newer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast