Spell Of Impact

This is a discussion on Spell Of Impact within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Spell Of Impact,Is it worth Getting for A Dcz Lightning Mage ?...
Page: 1

Tiberiuske

Spell Of Impact,Is it worth Getting for A Dcz Lightning Mage ?

Defintely.. it's probably your hardest hitting skill.

mrmime

Yes, even if the regen is pretty long.

mrmagic2008

i hardly use it when I play light mage.

impact skill is a travelling cast, which i find isnt all that great in pk (relative to the other light skills like thunder, etc)

Banned

Impact is in my opinion only useful for Flame mage, and hardest hitting skill for dcz is Thorn, not impact.
    For a lightning mage in dcz i dont think youll be using those anyway, just use Thunder + discharge, no need for the ranged attacks.

RE5PECTmf

Impact is in my opinion only useful for Flame mage.
    Agree
    And hardest hitting skill for dcz is Thorn, not impact.
    If u look at dmg u do by hiting , yea thorn is stronger .. but with dot that impact makes .. impact > thorn for dmg . Advantage of thorn is IMO that hp recovery which is very usefull when u vs some1 .[/b]

mrmime

Impact is in my opinion only useful for Flame mage, and hardest hitting skill for dcz is Thorn, not impact.
    For a lightning mage in dcz i dont think youll be using those anyway, just use Thunder + discharge, no need for the ranged attacks.[/b]
    Not only for fire mage. It is useful for ice mage to slow down enemies and it works almost 100% of the time(I would say more than 90%).

Banned

Not only for fire mage. It is useful for ice mage to slow down enemies and it works almost 100% of the time(I would say more than 90%).[/b]
    It's the fact that i's a missile attack and it can be blocked by another player or get obstructed by a rock, tree, wall, etc.
    Im not saying it's useless, just saying i'd rather just use comet instead of impact.

mrmime

It's the fact that i's a missile attack and it can be blocked by another player or get obstructed by a rock, tree, wall, etc.
    Im not saying it's useless, just saying i'd rather just use comet instead of impact.[/b]
    Well you just have to planify your attack so it doesnt hit something.

mjollner

i find impact handy to have, yes ppl can block it but its more the kinda skill you use when killing someone standing with towers guarding them

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Im not saying it's useless, just saying i'd rather just use comet instead of impact.[/b]
    Yes it can be blocked out, but if you know how to use them properly then that shouldn't be a problem. On Girakon with ice impact I remember it was always 100%, I don't remember a time where I didn't slow someone.

on topic: For a DCZ mage if you are going lighting or ice, it would be useless to get it, but if you are going fire then it's a must. It isn't the hardest hitting, Thorn is actually, but if the dot damage is included then yes it is the hardest hitting. You will definetly find it good in DCZ using fire impact -> pillar -> thorn, this is when u do these from a distance, not when u are tanking.