Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What can you do against an archer in a vs?

This is a discussion on What can you do against an archer in a vs? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; I personally do s-r combo, or just hold s, sometimes s-r and w etc etc, but i still feel that ...
Page: 1

Haters gonna hate Senior Member MushtMan's Avatar

Default What can you do against an archer in a vs?

I personally do s-r combo, or just hold s, sometimes s-r and w etc etc, but i still feel that everytime i vs an archer he is still going to win me, they are just 2 strong in a vs (when the archer can combo), that no cooldown on AS just owns.

Raoul

just slide dont stand there and tank arrow shower just get moving.. sliding usually works against arrow shower quite well and the archer is annoyed by it because they too busy trying to stay close. Gives you the edge and makes the damage way lower.

i use to hands, 1 hand to combo other for minor, so to slide i would need to use the mouse, and i dont right click MH, i guess i can just use hp pots.

What character are you using then?

from the only place where u'll be able to listen the true Minimal

Basicly, you need to play smartly...as much as him. (if we're not talking about retarded cheaters but gg legit archers ofc.)

If you reafear at rlb (that's just my field) or in general if u talk about 66lvl+archers, well the 1st thing is to be sure to have enough lr. Lightning shot got a nice success rate.
    So, 1st step..be sure not to be stunned every light shot.That means u need to have enough high lr without using magic shield.
    2) use illusion, since it will increase the chance of his failed hits.
    For example, in spite of having a 5 arrows session of 250-280-300-274-293 dmgs, you should see somthing like 80-90-300-250-103
    Ofc it will depend on bow's ap and elem. dmg.
    BUt i guess u got what i mean.
    3)
    People here will suggest you an sr combo..in reality i suggest you to do a mix according to the situation.
    Doing the same thing over and over wont bring you far. The archer can time himself and f@k your sr- both changin the time of his combo or doing (as i call it) a sort of circular_slided_ArrowShower combo. (that 's a bit slower than the usual 5+3 but still effective)
    I usually mix sr with e combo and /or mouse_click slide.
    That's a bit gay in a vs, but...tanking a gg archer and absorbing his 5+3 combos is almost impossible.
    Or let's say maybe u can do it..if u got more than nice items. (shard+9, shell at least+8...rols+1..bla bla...i mean..u need to outgear him badly).
    Moreover keep in mind that you can have max 20 arrow def..while he can reach easely 35dd ( iron set + dd helm+7 )
    So even if not buffed an archer can be not an easy meat.
    Without considering the styx that will s.u.k your mana.
    Basicly, the most letal thing for you would be ..a session like: light shot (being stunned)- 5+3 combo...(stun ends) ...u run away trying to recover your hp..(full minoring+pot) and then u got styxed.
    MOreover, in those situations..when u got styxed...during the time needed for pressing the soulpot,your light feet ends.At least usually.
    Thas means you're half dead.
    So it's not a jocke at all.
    If you dont outpot him after your spike-trust-pierce sequence...well, you can try to use more often the red skill like stab,cut, jab...etc etc...(since they are less affeced by DD) and when he reaches something like half hp, hit him as hard has possible and do it suddenly. (so spike ..trust..)
    Keep in mind that archer's skills require a good amount of mana.So if he doens't play good he can be in pot troubles. (a soul pot pressed when you start your spike-trust sequence means he's dead.)
    An other thing is...don't think he do not use styx or that he got just few of them.
    The new wings u win tnx to chaos event, increase the weight much.
    So they can carry many many styx. (the last time i got styxed 6 times...and at the end...i towned. hell! so much pain ..so much stress.)
    Well atm i can't think of something more...btw go practise with a friend of your in arena ( if got him )...and just practise
    The weak point of archers are their healing capability. Sins can still do a better and stable double healing that makes the difference.So mainly, just take care of light shot and styx. As far as you can heal yourself decently, you shouldn't have much probs.

tnx for the comment.

Also im in dcz, and the part about illusioning someone in a vs is very gay imo. I mean like when i vs a sin and he suddenly illusions me (*cough* gay stabzalotz *cough*)? like wtf? is he a noob? u dont illusion in a vs (as far as i can see it).

Basically archers are kinda way overpowered in 1 vs 1, if u dont slide them.

Overall i think i try to avoid archers until i get to know to fight em better (unless i know they suck lol :P).

Quote Originally Posted by MushtMan View Post
    tnx for the comment.

Overall i think i try to avoid archers until i get to know to fight em better (unless i know they suck lol :P).
    respecting vs-rules it may be kinda hard. To me - as archer - it freaks me when my hp goes down, but mostly - and that`s the annoying part of being an archer - you have to stop moving to attack. Not long, but you stand and - in a broader landscape than arena - will pretty often lose your target as `z` will end you up attacking monument, but that`s borderwar.

So I could not have put it better into words than inarco, slide if you can and, since archers really need all their ap to hit properly, chances are extremly high he will not use a dd-helmet.

But would you actually illusion someone in a vs? i think someone who does that seriously doesnt respect the "vs rules".

I'm not one of those "It's a pk zone, do what ever the fuck you want".

SaNTa

nice tut but i think archer can kill sin

Quote Originally Posted by SaNTa View Post
    nice tut but i think archer can kill sin
    ya archer kinda owns evertyhing in 1 vs 1. unless there is a huge gear difference.

I'm an archer, been one for a while.

"Archer need all dex to hit hard" is the first thing for fail when versus. that's what dumb archers do. They stack up on dex, turn on koxp, and hope you don't slow, stun, or hit them at all.

When i'm fighting, i won't think twice about swapping my helmet and my elf belt for a Skeleton belt and DD helmet... hell if i need to, i'll put on a talia (tho it IS pretty gay, so it's reserved for gays with +9 sherions ). What good is a 50ap difference gonna do if i can't stay alive? Even with shitty AP, arrow shower WILL hit you hard.

Arrow shower takes 150sp, much much less than hell blade, so if that's the only skill being used, then it'll be a bit before he needs to soul pot. Shadow hunter and DArk pursuer are 300 and 350 respectively, but if you're sliding, you're not gonna hit too hard, things get complicated.

However, the thing i hate about assasins is when they put on the pressure on you. Just try to get as much damage in as you can without dying yourself. Spike, thrust, Bloody Beast, then back off a bit if things are getting too hot, then put up the pressure again. Archers are crippled with the healing, and most are kinda retarded (myself included) when it comes to minor heal, but assasins should not, so they should capitalize on this. You should know what all this means

from the only place where u'll be able to listen the true Minimal

Quote Originally Posted by Goathorns View Post
    I'm an archer, been one for a while.

When i'm fighting, i won't think twice about swapping my helmet and my elf belt for a Skeleton belt and DD helmet... hell if i need to, i'll put on a talia ...
    The main prob dude is that you can't make talias anymore.
    Or let's say..the last time ( i check everytime a new patch comes out ) you still coudn't craft them.

About the illusion part....i think is just personal.
    I think i can use all the skills i got. And i got illusion too.The archer can still cure himself...so it shoudln't be a big problem.
    Let's say that if u dont use illusion..then you'll see assas asking for not getting styxed...and styx is quite fundamental for an archer...vs or not.
    So what we're going to do? it seems to me a limited vs.

Btw...a solution can be this one: do a first vs using all the skills you can.
    Then do a 2nd vs with rules...just like..ok no illusion, no styx...etc

^_^

Banned

every1 who slides with me at vs like lil pussy (yes, iam archer) wont get any vs at all, its hilarious that for example warrs with 14k hp and 1800 def slides ARCHER in vs, same goes to sins which have to slide againts archers, thats just pathetic.

+1 to eldar.. even tho archer is friggin strong class.. slideing should never be acceptable in vs. In my opinion using illusion against archer isnt noobish/unfair.. it balances the classes alot so i suggest u do that when u face an archer.

Validating

most of archers who i've met are packed with DD and if i don't combo those properly they'll just pot hp to 100%

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast