Ice mage help

This is a discussion on Ice mage help within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; I'm messing around with my RLB mage and my goal is to have a support/decent damage build with ice. My ...
Page: 1

ZargerX

I'm messing around with my RLB mage and my goal is to have a support/decent damage build with ice.

My question is about the staff I should choose since I'm 160 int using full complete. I want to deal out some decent damage while at the same time
    slow down people effectively.

So what would be the best staff in my situation disregarding my budget. I can chose from these:

Glacier Erenion +7

Oasis Staff +7

Garp +7

Elixir +7

Please don't give me any other + options, these are it. I just need to know the differences between them and what each is best used for.

Thanks!

Anal Rapist Senior Member

If you wanna deal descent damage, and still be able to support aswell.. i'd say Oasif staff. Dunno if you're going for 120mp ( shells +8 ).. or full mp... But in my opinion oasif is the staff to go. The HP and DD on it make's you a descent tanker ( Well it help's LOL).. and you can still deal damage du to his AP ..O.O

Garp ftw! I'm slowing pretty much A LOT with it orc warriors from Ionia don't like me :lol:

go for 160int/138mp/rest hp

TNM

i would go for garp as well.. I'm using a garp+8 myself in rlb
    it slows good enough and hits the hardest
    i haven't tried the slowrate of a ge+7/8 cuz i sold it immediately after seeing it's damage :P

if you lack some dd get the oasis

From Bankrupt to Blue Sky Senior Member Riley's Avatar

GE+8 slows the most from what I've seen. I've also always liked Garp, but meh. I'd rather have a GE +8, and pump MP and shio tears, and you'll be going good. As an Ice mage in RLB, you really won't be doing too much dmg anyway, and you'll rely mainly on your 51/56 skills to KS, since you kind of lack a decent staff attack. If you want to be support, and DMG build, light mage is the way to go I think. You get the really useful blinding skill, which helps when your fighting parties, and you can also stun the priest. Take a look at cama's mage guide if you want to go that route. Honestly, with your budget, I'd think lightning would be more beneficial.

go garp

with a glacier erenion +7 and dual shios +1 i was hitting warrior/priest around 400-500 O_O (72 skill)
    even i was only 132 mp xd rest hp

Alibaba85

go garp[/b]

i tested my RLB mage on u yesterday. what u think of my damage? dual shio+2 and oasis +2rev is what i use...... full 160int build , rest into MP lvl 68. Hits pretty dam hard and still can take a beating with 961 ac and 4.5k hp all buffed.

I will always say Oasis for the DD and HP bonus.

yoyo1234

which staff would be the best for aoe in general?

which staff would be the best for aoe in general?[/b]
    garp...

elemental does shit about aoe ... was making higher dmg with hell blood +7 than with woe +8

erenions sucks all the way

Alibaba85

garp...

elemental does shit about aoe ... was making higher dmg with hell blood +7 than with woe +8

erenions sucks all the way[/b]

+1

i use it for its stats not ap lol

From Bankrupt to Blue Sky Senior Member Riley's Avatar

Yeah, I'd say GE is best for support. Unless you have a pole +7.

Yeah, I'd say GE is best for support. Unless you have a pole +7.[/b]
    would you add int to be able to wear it? h34r:

i tested my RLB mage on u yesterday. what u think of my damage? dual shio+2 and oasis +2rev is what i use...... full 160int build , rest into MP lvl 68. Hits pretty dam hard and still can take a beating with 961 ac and 4.5k hp all buffed.
    I will always say Oasis for the DD and HP bonus.[/b]
    it was very solid damage but i think you could do more with garp but the dd and hp does help ....but id stay the way you are i diddnt know that was you you hit really well