What does AP on staff do for mage?

This is a discussion on What does AP on staff do for mage? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Firstly - I am fire mage. OK i was just wondering how much of a difference does ap do on ...
Page: 1

Haters gonna hate Senior Member MushtMan's Avatar

Default What does AP on staff do for mage?

Firstly - I am fire mage.

OK i was just wondering how much of a difference does ap do on a staff? because i bought an elixir +1 rev/flame staff and i expected it to do a lot more damage than my questy one which is 65 ap and 65 flame and it does like average 150 damage difference on stuff like worms / scorps. Was it really worth it to go to 160 int for that?

Is 160 int really worth it? I was thinking lets say 112 int and buying SS lets say, would that have been better overall? (in terms of damage vs ac).

Quote Originally Posted by MushtMan View Post
    Firstly - I am fire mage.

OK i was just wondering how much of a difference does ap do on a staff? because i bought an elixir +1 rev/flame staff and i expected it to do a lot more damage than my questy one which is 65 ap and 65 flame and it does like average 150 damage difference on stuff like worms / scorps. Was it really worth it to go to 160 int for that?

Is 160 int really worth it? I was thinking lets say 112 int and buying SS lets say, would that have been better overall? (in terms of damage vs ac).
    it hits more and u've got lots of def more... what u want more? get a Hell Blood +7 or Elixir +8 and u'll see the difference

if you gained ap while still gaining like 300def... theres no changing back right?

henriique is offline now Senior Member henriique's Avatar

For Combo you need see AP staff ... and no Char AP.

You know its not only the weapon u are useing.. I assume u had more stat points at MP on that other build and therefore that also added damage comparing on INT build u useing now..