Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Staff Combo?

This is a discussion on Staff Combo? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Hello. I have gotten lvl 42 and I have blade staff. I am wondering what the best combo is for ...
Page: 1

MageOfHonor

Hello. I have gotten lvl 42 and I have blade staff. I am wondering what the best combo is for staff.

Do I tap skill then r then r ?

I see some people say Skill+r i'm guessing that means press skill and r at the same time?

Hello. I have gotten lvl 42 and I have blade staff. I am wondering what the best combo is for staff.

I see some people say Skill+r i'm guessing that means press skill and r at the same time?[/b]
    Your trying to cancel a skills animation, so w/e you do dont press skill+r at the same time :mellow:

Doesnt matter what combo you use, its all the same, just seems like a stupid idea to walk away from the enemy when he is running, so forget skill+s combo, but beside that, what ever fits you.

iiason

it's pretty much the same as a war combo. as it's a spamable skill.

rr, srr, wrr, wsr....u can use em all.

although i mainly use rr.

see what u like most
    i use skill rr on my mage

MageOfHonor

Is it true that blade staff is the quickest skill to the draw? I see all the mages at werewolves using either ignition or blade staff.

Does anyone know what combo they are using to kill so fast?

Da Camel Senior Member Killing spree's Avatar

Is it true that blade staff is the quickest skill to the draw? I see all the mages at werewolves using either ignition or blade staff.

Does anyone know what combo they are using to kill so fast?[/b]
    prolly koxp :huh:

anyway, i use Skill rr myself atm to

I see some people say Skill+r i'm guessing that means press skill and r at the same time?[/b]

i use skill rr skill rr

meaning i press blade, then press 2 R's, then blade, then 2 r's.

its really hard to teach you the timing through typing here, but what happens is the R's cancel the animation of the skill, for most classes, when you use an attackign skill, the animation of you swinging the weapon takes a logn time, but if ya tap R R after a skill, it wont show the long swinging animation... so you would be able to use the skill again faster.

You hafta have a steady beat when comboing... not like rrskill.....................r....r.... skill rrskill. It takes a lot of practice to get good @ it, you should go moradon and practice @ those dummies thingies

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

how about no? srry but the dumbest thing as a mage to do is tank someone, especially warriors/rouges/bps, cause if u SLIDE, then that cancels most of their r's and usually makes some attacks fail. Like this u have a much better chance of winning, and therefore after, don't be suprised if they call u a noob for sliding, but they just mad that they lost to a mage.

if it is some noob then sure use combo on him, and i use r skill s w r (on mages i find it more effective to use s w r then doing double r's, try it out urself and u'll see)

how about no? srry but the dumbest thing as a mage to do is tank someone, especially warriors/rouges/bps, cause if u SLIDE, then that cancels most of their r's and usually makes some attacks fail. Like this u have a much better chance of winning, and therefore after, don't be suprised if they call u a noob for sliding, but they just mad that they lost to a mage.

if it is some noob then sure use combo on him, and i use r skill s w r (on mages i find it more effective to use s w r then doing double r's, try it out urself and u'll see)[/b]

So now its noob to tank someone ? lol

ApocolypsePiezo

zr Skill r....r skill r..r skill r..

The only problem with tanking someone if your a mage is that unless you are a light mage and stun them, once you start beating them they will run away and be out of your attack zone too quick. For some reason mages dont close distance very good when combo'ng. So I prefer to use my mouse to keep my distance close while combo'ng. This way you can stay right in front of them no matter what angle they try to run off in while still doing good damage. The key to beating stong opponents with staff attacks is to stay in front of them at all times and not let them escape.

So now its noob to tank someone ? lol[/b]
    Um i didn't say its noob, it's just not a smart decision. Which mage in their right mind would lets say tank a lvl 80 warrior if the mage is lvl 75. Well the sad part is most of the mages I know. Sliding is part of the game, and if someone loses to u while ur a mage and sliding, then u lost fair and square, ofc as long as the mage doesn't slide and wonders off quite a distance so it can heal itself. Rouges get annoying, so do warriors, when mages slide in a vs, because it cancels the r damage alot and it makes skills fail, and therefore using only the keyboard they get really annoyed having to follow the sliding mage in a circle.

Did you say its noob no but you did say this....

srry but the dumbest thing as a mage to do is tank someone[/b]

I have nothing against sliding, I just enjoy tanking lvl 80 warriors and winning.

lJudgementDayl

Lol all wrong its skill+r+c xD

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

if it is some noob then sure use combo on him, and i use r skill s w r (on mages i find it more effective to use s w r then doing double r's, try it out urself and u'll see)[/b]
    Ever seen a lightning mage? Ever seen a lightning mage that actually stuns? If mage is good or opponent has crapy lr, u can chain stun with ease. Only thing to keep an eye on when u should stop tanking coz nowdays its zerg vs zerg fight in ko.

Besides, u can compo when sliding also.

Ever seen a lightning mage? Ever seen a lightning mage that actually stuns? If mage is good or opponent has crapy lr, u can chain stun with ease. Only thing to keep an eye on when u should stop tanking coz nowdays its zerg vs zerg fight in ko.

Besides, u can compo when sliding also.[/b]
    with a lighting mage it is a good to combo as it has quite a good stun effect, but as speaking from my perspective being an ice mage previous on girakon before quitting, no point of tanking, since it would be much better to slide if u were fire or ice as ur primary

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast