CZ lvl 80 mage questions

This is a discussion on CZ lvl 80 mage questions within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; How should i stat a lvl 80 mage if i want to go dread shield build? Should it be ice, ...
Page: 1

Default CZ lvl 80 mage questions

How should i stat a lvl 80 mage if i want to go dread shield build?
    Should it be ice, fire or light?
    Decent gear i should get

IMO , if u already put 90 on str , try to get a Gab instead of DS ... but if ur budget is low , DS will do just fine , but its kinda stupid to be anything else than support mage with 90 on str . My advice would be glacier build Oasis staff highest + u can get , minimum mp required to wear a staff/armor ... and rest on hp . I assume u r int mage . If u play support with build I mentioned , I would recommend iron over glass belt , because glass gives u mana advantage , but thats good only if you use blade much .. but as support mage u'll focus more on aoe and getting that 80 skill on priest , and simply because u need to take many hits , and thats where defense come along xD

ds sucks hell, like respect says, go for gab, blessing +6 so the curse doesnt pwn u or ada 7, gab bless 7 sucks, i personally like lr mage, helps a lot and u can escape easy, but ice is good too when party vs, 90 str, 140 mp for krowaz 7 and rest hp, u dont need more, ofc 160 int

What would be a good staff to get

Bump
    Can someone tell me if i should be fire, light or ice if im dread shield build and what staff I should buy.
    I was thinking about fire for damage but ice is also nice for party vs party pk. Another person told me that light is gg because i will be able to use the blink skill.

The gear Im getting is
    shell 7 if not krowaz +5/6 set
    dd helm 6/7
    old ep
    old skele
    ds 5/7
    old sses?maybe?

from the only place where u'll be able to listen the true Minimal

you can try shield+ paper mage but a gab would be a must as well as iron set and +9 armor but it's still an hardcore template.

I see U got limited budget , so Here's what I would try to find.

DD Helmet +7/15
    Crystal Helmet +8 ( Not necessary , only a replacement for undying)
    4 x Crimson +8/15
    Old EP
    Old Skeleton Belt
    Dual Old Rols
    Old Cleric Earring
    Old SSE
    Oasis Staff +7 or +8 ( Get rebirthed one , +1 or +5 .. 2 reasons , 1. its cheaper , 2. it's bugged and requires less mp , so that basicly means more HP, 4 points more , still thats around 56 hp on lvl 80 )
    DS +6/7

Stat Ur mage 160 int / 90 str / 110 or 114 mp depends on what staff U get ( +7 or +8 ) and rest on HP . That would make U useful at party vs party , U won't be able to pk solo ... but U won't die so easy and even with a staff , U'll be able to pick up some dmg because of its DD.That's good build for start , simply because its retarded to go attack build with low items, as U work your way on get better items , U could start mixing up builds .. maybe switch to light ... but U got a long way before that, unless U babashop =)
    Last edited by re5pect; 02-08-2011 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by inarco View Post
    you can try shield+ paper mage but a gab would be a must as well as iron set and +9 armor but it's still an hardcore template.
    Ive had a friend try this build, he said it was pretty tank and you get more hp than you would with int build but is it worth losing the ac from crimson8 or krowaz6?

that's the point. what's cool about fire paper mages is that using a cursed staff they do the max dmg possible. And hell, it's really high.
    The weak point is ofc the lack of ac due to paper armor.MOreover u have to count the -70 ac too that comes while wearing the cursed staff.

Wearing a gab partially covers that ac loss, + all the weapon res and other bonus, plus the chance to count on the "invulnerability" effect that goes on not so rarely.
    Thinking of not sacrificing ap...you should sacrifice hp points for str. Therefore you need to cover that, wearing valky with hp bonus. (even if the -70 ac of staff should suggest an ac valky)
    Def Pathos gloves ( maybe against warriors ) seems a must too and since u really lack of ac rof are deffo more welcome than FR.
    Same for iron set. 50 ac of ib would be really helpfull.
    2nd problem would come from the low mana. low mana means u need to hp pot more often and then using skills like the nice 72 master skill "Mana shield" (absorb dmg from mana) would be a pain.
    Thinking of it ,maybe...an ep+3 would be deffo better than IN cuz if u start to be in probs..u can still equip shield on fly, cast that 72 skill+ abyss_HPpot and then mana pots so that the skill will be still active and u'll continue to absorb dmg from mana.
    In the while try to tp healers &Co. or do a gate if u are going to die.
    Well if an archer hits you with a styx..it should suck probably almost all your mana..if not all. doh. but well archers are the gayest class for mages XD
    That's a possible scenario/strategy to use for escaping and looks not so bad.
    About your dmg...well a fire armor (being paper) hits for 1400 (no matter if u use a staff or not) and that's pretty nice, without considering that even if u wear the noob halloween cane ( 1hand staff + gabs on ) u can still blade for smthing like 400. (depends on rings+ ofc)
    The vampiric skill is just amazing ( if u are not stopped ) against assas or any other class. Especially if u precast the skill "Istantly Magic" that let u use it 2x times. And since u're paper...well the amount of HP healed back starts to be interesting; wihtout talking the mana sucked to the enemy.... i saw many rogues (as well as warriors)(babas too) getting pwned while approching to just a common mage tnx to that combo
    Then, if u got one of those pt that uses to Nova bombim the town after chaos 4example...well...your 3 novas will be a pain.

The counterside...is that krowaZ is so good. But if u really think of it not that good.
    I mean, krowaz or not when you face crazy shopped guys or a full gang comes to u, you wont survive anyway. And once duffed u know, weapon resists counts more than ac and the gabs deffo help. Well a duffed mage, no matter what is almost always an easy meat...

Is this setup playable? ye, but u need to play wisely and with the right party and possible chatting live with pt memebers.

Is this a cheap setup? not at all about me. It requires lots of specific/probably not common and expensive items.
    Gabs+ ROFs+ ironset, hp set +9, without talking the HP_abyss_pots that can really make the difference.

OFc a normal setup with a chitin shield would be deffo better uhm.....well let's say..surely easier to play but...well i bet the cs is neither common nor cheap too.

It's an hardcore template bro, but surely one of the funniest ever. If i have the chance of getting that gear i would deffo try it. Especially if u can count on smart clannies.
    And for last...let me give ya a last suggestion.
    TBH i would try it even if i wont have things like rofs and iron set....(yet)...and i will do some tests.
    4example,if u wanna see the difference in terms of "feeling" the ac of rofs vs ac of FR u can buy ROLS or ask them to a friend. The ac of rols is almost the same as rof. It would give ya an idea of their benefit. (regardless of your dmg ofc)
    After pking a bit or at least arena tests, u should get the idea of what you need/miss...in terms of hp...mana...and do tests while being duffed too and ask to a friend mage of your (with krowaz) to check how long he last too in the same condition.

Hope i gave you some ideas to work on :P
    Last edited by inarco; 02-08-2011 at 11:38 PM.

go glacier if any of this advice has been confusing to you

@ inarco
    Dude U got carried away a bit , U talk about cursed weapons +8 / chitin shields / iron set / rofs etc ... and guy clearly mentioned that he got low budget .

ye u're true bro. i know, but that's the gear u need to use if u really want to run this setup at its max potential.
    Btw dread shield, fr or old fr, old skele, old ep, hp set+8, dual old SSE and a wood+10 would be the cheapest version.
    Still playable? surely, but deffo weaker. Well u can always try this cheap setup and if u do not like it, things like ds, wood+10, paper hp set are easely sold.
    Worse the try imo.
    OFC reskill/restatt money shouldn't be a problem. If you really lack of cash..well m8..the wisest solution would be probably choosing a common krowaz setup at least +6.
    About skills it's subjective but a common sence should suggest....well fire/ice, lr/ice. Having ice as a main skill is not that good cuz ice does not have great 80s skills and then enemies once slowled tend to town or tped away.
    And in your case, if u can't afford rings+1, but just the old ones...i wouldn't choose LR/ICE since your stun rate wuould be pretty low.Soool i would suggest u a Flame/ice
    Last edited by inarco; 02-09-2011 at 09:40 AM.

Alright thanks for the advice guys

also all depends on your clan full mp the way 2 go if u have alot of mages
    or you can be stated as hp
    91str for gabs if u got the cash