What's my next move?

This is a discussion on What's my next move? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; I have a rogue archer that's lvl 52 and am lvling till 55 and then selling a few pus items ...
Page: 1

Fear the White Rabbit!!! Senior Member konioko's Avatar

I have a rogue archer that's lvl 52 and am lvling till 55 and then selling a few pus items so i can get some better gear. i will get roughly 500m from these pus items and i want to know what my next move will be so i can continue to lvl with better gear and keep a good economy in the game.

Current Gear:
    lvl 35 quest armor
    Iron Xbow +3
    Quest Accessories

Prefered Gear (for lvling):
    Iron Bow +7
    Chitin set +7 or FP set +8
    dex +9 accessories or some cheap ones like a kekuri ring

Questions:
    Should i buy anything or just use the 500m to get some more money and continue to lvl with my current gear?
    Should i spend say 300m on gear and use the rest to continue getting money?
    Should i get Chitin +7 or FP +8 for lvling?
    What accessories should i aim towards getting?
    Should i wait until say lvl 60 to think about getting new gear?

Thnx any help will be appreciated

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

Focus most importantly on getting lvl 57-59, get yourself an Iron Bow +7 or +1 reversed, dual Kekuri rings +0 or higher, stick to renting to get Chitin Bow+6 and Chitin Set+7 (shows +5). Keep your earrings as quest until you get those Kekuri's to at least +1. Later on, get 12/14 or 16 DEX Earrings to replace the quest earrings. Just make sure your always running in PK or your most likely going to get rolled. Killsteal for the win as an archer. If you want to tank a little more, get yourself some HP valks, a DD helmet at +5/6 or 7, Rogue DEFENSE Pathos gloves (it will be better than the attack pathos in Ardream because more than 50% of your opponents there are rogues and your already an archer, aka AP whore) and if found, an Amulet of Dexterity/Priest Pendant if you can find for really cheap.

Questions:
    1) Should i buy anything or just use the 500m to get some more money and continue to lvl with my current gear?
    A: Yeah, personally I would save the 500m and invest in making more. You need to spend money to make money, everybody starts somewhere.
    2) Should i spend say 300m on gear and use the rest to continue getting money?
    A: If your really looking forward to PK'ing as soon as you reach level 57, yes. If your patient and your willing to "save the best for last", get level 59, a stable clan with some friends, make more money to get better gear and then work your way up even more. If your clan choice is one who is always killing bosses in Ardream on server restarts for example, I would personally spend the 3gb and start PK'ing then, get yourself in on a share.
    3) Should i get Chitin +7 or FP +8 for lvling?
    Just use the rental system. If you spend 30m on 4 pieces of Chitin+7 for example, 300k rentals accumulate to using them 400 times until it becomes equal to if you simply bought the armors yourself.
    4) What accessories should i aim towards getting?
    A: Elf Belt +3 or Judicious Belt +3; Dual Kekuri Rings +3 or Dual Ring Of Live's +0; Priest Pendant +3; Dual Silver Earrings +3 or Dual 16 DEX Earrings. As expensive as the items may be, always have a mindset of gearing yourself to the max, be cheap, you'll get far in the game.
    5) Should i wait until say lvl 60 to think about getting new gear?
    A: Everything I've written so far is only concerning toward an Ardream archer. If you don't plan to sticking in Ardream, post a reply, I'm willing to continue a simple guide for ya.

I have no business posting here after Dannys reply, im only posting to say that what he said is 100% correct. And if you want to buy PUS items to sell i think youre better off buying gbs from a legit player. There should be more than a couple people selling gbs on the market section.

Banned

*Quoting Danny*

He's going RLB.
    Id say stick with renting concerning armors (Moradon, when you hit /town, go the left, there will be a guy called "Mercenary something", talk to him, and you will have to spend 300k past level 49? I think and past 60 is 500k, which is pretty low) After that, if you do get 500Mil, well I dont know the prices on Diez but I think Kekuris1 are pretty affordable. Like Danny said, if you ever run through RLB before getting your lvls, buy HP valks, and rogue defence pathos gloves. Then, afterwards, if you still have money, you may want to keep it just so you can get enough money for repot/renting. During the process of leveling, try the buy and resell method (Say one night, there is no exp, go check prices in Moradon, browse through kingofknight.com and inform yourself about average prices. That will help alot. Then buy cheap and set up merchant during night...) Then, once you hit your target level, and you have accumulated enough money, sell your kekuri rings, buy a warrior pendant or priest pendant (Depends if you want to aim for HP or DEX build), get yourself 2x Ring of life, which maybe hard. After, if you have a good farming clan that runs eslant/boss runs alot, you'll be able to gear pretty fast. Earrings; if you have a low budget, go for rogue earrings (but they suck)...So if you can, get dual 14/2 Dex earrings . If, in the other hand, you have alot of money, well of course go for SSEs +0/1. But they may be expensive. Finally, for your belt, at first you may think dexterity belt is a good choice, but dont go for that. There are much better belts out there, like string of skulls or Skelly belt (Thinking affordable, once again). Thats what Id want

Hope that helped, if not well I messed up on my own archer

zrocker0404

These guys know what they're talking about ^^

As for selling your PUS items, it will be better for you to BUY gbs rather than sell. Make sure the guy is GG though. Anyways, i play in CWEST and if you're server is anything like mine, If you try to sell pus items, you'll get like 1gbs per 10$ spent. So you could buy a GB for 4-5$ each and make twice as much, since you don't have much anyways, this is the best way for you, and in diez u can probably get gbs for 2-3$ each. GL

Fear the White Rabbit!!! Senior Member konioko's Avatar

Focus most importantly on getting lvl 57-59, get yourself an Iron Bow +7 or +1 reversed, dual Kekuri rings +0 or higher, stick to renting to get Chitin Bow+6 and Chitin Set+7 (shows +5). Keep your earrings as quest until you get those Kekuri's to at least +1. Later on, get 12/14 or 16 DEX Earrings to replace the quest earrings. Just make sure your always running in PK or your most likely going to get rolled. Killsteal for the win as an archer. If you want to tank a little more, get yourself some HP valks, a DD helmet at +5/6 or 7, Rogue DEFENSE Pathos gloves (it will be better than the attack pathos in Ardream because more than 50% of your opponents there are rogues and your already an archer, aka AP whore) and if found, an Amulet of Dexterity/Priest Pendant if you can find for really cheap.

Questions:
    1) Should i buy anything or just use the 500m to get some more money and continue to lvl with my current gear?
    A: Yeah, personally I would save the 500m and invest in making more. You need to spend money to make money, everybody starts somewhere.
    2) Should i spend say 300m on gear and use the rest to continue getting money?
    A: If your really looking forward to PK'ing as soon as you reach level 57, yes. If your patient and your willing to "save the best for last", get level 59, a stable clan with some friends, make more money to get better gear and then work your way up even more. If your clan choice is one who is always killing bosses in Ardream on server restarts for example, I would personally spend the 3gb and start PK'ing then, get yourself in on a share.
    3) Should i get Chitin +7 or FP +8 for lvling?
    Just use the rental system. If you spend 30m on 4 pieces of Chitin+7 for example, 300k rentals accumulate to using them 400 times until it becomes equal to if you simply bought the armors yourself.
    4) What accessories should i aim towards getting?
    A: Elf Belt +3 or Judicious Belt +3; Dual Kekuri Rings +3 or Dual Ring Of Live's +0; Priest Pendant +3; Dual Silver Earrings +3 or Dual 16 DEX Earrings. As expensive as the items may be, always have a mindset of gearing yourself to the max, be cheap, you'll get far in the game.
    5) Should i wait until say lvl 60 to think about getting new gear?
    A: Everything I've written so far is only concerning toward an Ardream archer. If you don't plan to sticking in Ardream, post a reply, I'm willing to continue a simple guide for ya.[/b]
    Thnx for the advice man it really helped. Ya i'm planning on being a RLB character. I didn't really think about the rental system like that so that helps a bunch should be cheaper than spending it on gear i don't need right away

*Quoting Danny*

He's going RLB.
    Id say stick with renting concerning armors (Moradon, when you hit /town, go the left, there will be a guy called "Mercenary something", talk to him, and you will have to spend 300k past level 49? I think and past 60 is 500k, which is pretty low) After that, if you do get 500Mil, well I dont know the prices on Diez but I think Kekuris1 are pretty affordable. Like Danny said, if you ever run through RLB before getting your lvls, buy HP valks, and rogue defence pathos gloves. Then, afterwards, if you still have money, you may want to keep it just so you can get enough money for repot/renting. During the process of leveling, try the buy and resell method (Say one night, there is no exp, go check prices in Moradon, browse through kingofknight.com and inform yourself about average prices. That will help alot. Then buy cheap and set up merchant during night...) Then, once you hit your target level, and you have accumulated enough money, sell your kekuri rings, buy a warrior pendant or priest pendant (Depends if you want to aim for HP or DEX build), get yourself 2x Ring of life, which maybe hard. After, if you have a good farming clan that runs eslant/boss runs alot, you'll be able to gear pretty fast. Earrings; if you have a low budget, go for rogue earrings (but they suck)...So if you can, get dual 14/2 Dex earrings . If, in the other hand, you have alot of money, well of course go for SSEs +0/1. But they may be expensive. Finally, for your belt, at first you may think dexterity belt is a good choice, but dont go for that. There are much better belts out there, like string of skulls or Skelly belt (Thinking affordable, once again). Thats what Id want

Hope that helped, if not well I messed up on my own archer [/b]
    Thnx for the help So i'll definately aim at getting atleast kekuris +1 and maybe an Iron Bow +7. Then i'll just exp/farm/Buy & Resell. I'm going to be joining WOLFDEN so once i get there i think farming Eslant should be good.

These guys know what they're talking about ^^

As for selling your PUS items, it will be better for you to BUY gbs rather than sell. Make sure the guy is GG though. Anyways, i play in CWEST and if you're server is anything like mine, If you try to sell pus items, you'll get like 1gbs per 10$ spent. So you could buy a GB for 4-5$ each and make twice as much, since you don't have much anyways, this is the best way for you, and in diez u can probably get gbs for 2-3$ each. GL [/b]
    Thnx i'll think about buying some gbs i just don't want to spend a ton of money on this game. The pus items i have are from the Ultima Drop thing and just the bonus's so that's why i'll be selling those. Buying Gb's does sound tempting though as it will be a lot easier :P

I appreciate the advice and help all of you. This should make things easier for me (i've never really had a gg gear and want to start down the right path this time)

zrocker0404

Ehh.. dont waste your time with that event imo, you'll end up with 2 speed pots (pots not packs) and 10 lion scrolls lol