Do fire mages do anything in RLB

This is a discussion on Do fire mages do anything in RLB within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; the server i play is a little empty so no many mages in rlb, the ones i see are ether ...
Page: 1

Default Do fire mages do anything in RLB

the server i play is a little empty so no many mages in rlb, the ones i see are ether lighting/ice or support.

do fire mages still have a chance in rlb? with average items, not +2/3s, i miss seeing pillars of fire and thorn in pk..
    the few mages i see have gg items and still they get targeted first in the party, the others just stay far.

how about adream?
    do they have to be int and wear shells/crimson? or can 112int and other builds work too.

Depends on which server

carnac west

Solo you won't be able to do anything... If you already know that then you should try to find a clan that PK's in the area you like to PK.... You can do average in ardream as a fire mage with average +7/+8 Olds/+0/+1 If you want to go cardboard build it will be extremely hard to survive... As for RLB I'm not too sure I think if you're lvl 69 and statted correctly you could go cardborad build with a crap ton of HP >.< But you would have to try and get at least 1 iron peace or glass belt or something... And again you'll die fast but not as many PKers in RLB so you can stand a lil more of a chance.

O_o Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by wiseman View Post
    Solo you won't be able to do anything... If you already know that then you should try to find a clan that PK's in the area you like to PK.... You can do average in ardream as a fire mage with average +7/+8 Olds/+0/+1 If you want to go cardboard build it will be extremely hard to survive... As for RLB I'm not too sure I think if you're lvl 69 and statted correctly you could go cardborad build with a crap ton of HP >.< But you would have to try and get at least 1 iron peace or glass belt or something... And again you'll die fast but not as many PKers in RLB so you can stand a lil more of a chance.
    Like he said... For cardboard build youll need IN and skelly / glass belt... But even with that youll die fast, unless youll use chaotic / oasis / scorching and use DS +6/7 aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by MyDestiny View Post
    Like he said... For cardboard build youll need IN and skelly / glass belt... But even with that youll die fast, unless youll use chaotic / oasis / scorching and use DS +6/7 aswell.
    well i would have iron set because mage wouln't be my main, other items would be +8 cardboard armor dual old fire rings and dual old secret silver earing, scorching +7

O_o Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by logosapien View Post
    well i would have iron set because mage wouln't be my main, other items would be +8 cardboard armor dual old fire rings and dual old secret silver earing, scorching +7
    Well if you got valks and wings with HP, your DCZ mage may sourvive, but the moment youll get parasite, your're gone...

If you could get DS it would be GG

Little archer Senior Member

damage mages are worthless in RLB, 69 people have basically the same stats as 70+ ones, and your tiny sources of damage wont even dent them unless they are 100% squishy

i mean, a normal rogue 69 rogue will have 5000 hp with a 2k scroll, what will your 1k damage nova do (900 damage because of the master) to him? or your 900 damage thorn, or your 400ish damage blades...

and thats the best case scenario because mages usually hit much lower. (especially on warriors and int priests)

El Shaddai Senior Member zecabr's Avatar

Well basically at ardream in c-west u could do pretty good if u had iron set + dd cap, this way u could go cardboard build and do pretty good dmg / still survive long enough, these paper dd's are rare tho so u could also go crimson build, but i dont really find it useful as fire, i'd go light or ice as crimson. About rlb u could only play a fire mp mage with normal gear if u had a mage clan in rlb, otherwise in a meele party ull mostly die over and over, i've always preffered either full paper or cardboard build rlb, as in havin 90 str for a DS and also having a staff such as wood+9/+10 incase full paper, or an oasis/chaotic incase cardboard, puttin minimum mp and rest into hp u'd be able to tank alot and still help atacking when possible, should also try getting a halloween cane so u'd be able to staff even when wearin the shield, if u really like being fire i'd give it a try tho.

Lol pro-tip from Zeca?
    I wouldn't take this guys advice for anything. Couldn't combo if his life depended on it. Just gets butthurt and rages in vent.
    Can't even beat MrTuli0 in a vs tsk tsk.

El Shaddai Senior Member zecabr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greatone View Post
    Lol pro-tip from Zeca?
    I wouldn't take this guys advice for anything. Couldn't combo if his life depended on it. Just gets butthurt and rages in vent.
    Can't even beat MrTuli0 in a vs tsk tsk.
    LOL

IMrTULI0I = livinq leqenq

Quote Originally Posted by logosapien View Post
    the server i play is a little empty so no many mages in rlb, the ones i see are ether lighting/ice or support.

do fire mages still have a chance in rlb? with average items, not +2/3s, i miss seeing pillars of fire and thorn in pk..
    the few mages i see have gg items and still they get targeted first in the party, the others just stay far.

how about adream?

do they have to be int and wear shells/crimson? or can 112int and other builds work too.

go ardream and go light mage.

get at least a chaotic 8, imir 3s and have fun pwning

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Regular Member

for rlb u need to be either decent geared or support.. go ice and get a ds and do some good tps

Go ice if u want to kill... Or light

But paper doesnt work in ardream to Much rouges