Where am I going wrong?

This is a discussion on Where am I going wrong? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; 251 STR 80 HP 76 INT Paper +8 (4) STR (1) hp WP+1 Fov+1 HV+0 Iron Belt Dual LE+0 II+8 ...
Page: 1

TheRealD2A Senior Member

251 STR
    80 HP
    76 INT
    Paper +8 (4) STR (1) hp
    WP+1
    Fov+1
    HV+0
    Iron Belt
    Dual LE+0
    II+8

Heres my issues, constantly slowed in RLB I can beat just about everyone 1v1, but 3 or more and I get my arse handed to me! Outside of getting all +3 uniques what can I do better?

251 STR
    80 HP
    76 INT
    Paper +8 (4) STR (1) hp
    WP+1
    Fov+1
    HV+0
    Iron Belt
    Dual LE+0
    II+8

Heres my issues, constantly slowed in RLB I can beat just about everyone 1v1, but 3 or more and I get my arse handed to me! Outside of getting all +3 uniques what can I do better?[/b]

a few options

1: go fp+8/9 bp which is good for rlb
    2: less str and more into hp
    3: get a shield
    4: if u do go fp or plate bp then go 1h bp with a shield and smite or something...

all accessories are already good, or try paper+9

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

restat, go 210 str, rest into hp (76~78 int, based on your armor) , get a ds +7, and an impact +8, and weapon defense armors (the upgradable kind would be my guess for your server and your budget).

HamDude Senior Member thenerd1o2's Avatar

i my self wont go higher than 200str points - i get to wear II+8/HB+ and since you have a HB gogo 200str with 76 rest into HP - still go with 2HP parts armor and next thing you gotta do is upgrade your HV then upgrade your armor to +9

1: go fp+8/9 bp which is good for rlb[/b]
    it sucks 70-

go for 190-210STR, rest hp
    full str set
    Iron Belt -> Glass Belt
    and get some nice shield and 1h weapon (DS +7 & ex. Graham +8 ftw)

I'd also consider trading HV for Foverin or Legionnaire, cuz HV is expensive as hell atm (no ed) and you may get another Foverin +1 for it's price...

oh and weapon defs would be also great dd is most likely a must :P

Saunis

WP+1 --> IN
    Fov+1
    HV+0 --> RoF, RoC or Fov...
    Iron Belt
    Dual LE+0 --> go to +1?
    II+8 --> hb+8

Heres my issues, constantly slowed in RLB I can beat just about everyone 1v1, but 3 or more and I get my arse handed to me! Outside of getting all +3 uniques what can I do better?[/b]
    And first: get a shield! You cant tank whitout shield. (Ds +7 should be good to start whit)
    Use shield when you are duffing them. Then take your II and kill them.
    And if you solo, use restore!!

Well you could:

1. get a DD helmet
    2. Use a mixture of HP and STR armours
    3. Restat so that you have less STR (maybe around 220-225) and rest into HP
    4. Better uniques (ones with weapon defences)
    5. DEFINATELY get rid of that HV... it has such low AC... get a roc or if u want resists, get a LB'

and dont expect to be able to do 1v3's or 1v4s unless u have really really awesome gears... BP's are the most item-rely class there is possible... (shit.. that doesnt gramatically make sense Oo&#39

Get +9 paper parts a DS+7 and at least DD +6 . No need for +3 uniques, be fast with your shield run debuff and 2 hit rogues.

DaZeDAnDCoNfUsEd

it sucks 70-

go for 190-210STR, rest hp
    full str set
    Iron Belt -> Glass Belt
    and get some nice shield and 1h weapon (DS +7 & ex. Graham +8 ftw)

I'd also consider trading HV for Foverin or Legionnaire, cuz HV is expensive as hell atm (no ed) and you may get another Foverin +1 for it's price...

oh and weapon defs would be also great dd is most likely a must :P[/b]
    I actually disagree with you on it sucking, in the right hands...it could probably outdo and hold up with top geared warriors...Yeah paper bp everyone loves because its the damage dealing class...but fp bp can still deal some damage as well as support...I mean look at the guy's build at the top of page 40 on the RLB Char post...his fp bp is SEXY

If you do plan on trying fp bp...go for the following items/stats (or check the RLB char post for build...)

19x str ( for II+8 ) or 17x str ( hb+7..or min req. for hb+8 )
    158-160 int (fp+8+9)
    Rest into hp

FP+8/9 (2 or 3 hp, 2 or 3 str, with +6/25 DD helm as a secondary)
    WP+1 ---> get a WP+2 or IN+0
    Fov+1
    HV+0 ---> change for LB+0...smexy resists and more AC
    Iron Belt is fine...go glass if paper though...you need the int
    Dual LE+0 are sexy on int or paper...although I'd say get a LE+1 and WSE/SSE+0 as fp
    II+8 ---> Keep or go hb+7+8
    -----------------------------------
    DS+1rb and Smite+1rb for support
    Lycaon+7 and SS+6+7 for tower tanking

In terms of getting better...my gear was quite similar to yours (glass instead of IB, and hb+8 over II+8, 4x +8 and 1x+9 piece) and I too got my arse handed to me 3 or 4 on 1...but thats typical...with or without weapon def...but yeah...if you want to stay paper..get a +7/15 or +6/25 dd cap and a piece of +5/20 spear def...lotsa rappies out there

I actually disagree with you on it sucking, in the right hands...it could probably outdo and hold up with top geared warriors...Yeah paper bp everyone loves because its the damage dealing class...but fp bp can still deal some damage as well as support...I mean look at the guy's build at the top of page 40 on the RLB Char post...his fp bp is SEXY

If you do plan on trying fp bp...go for the following items/stats (or check the RLB char post for build...)

19x str ( for II+8 ) or 17x str ( hb+7..or min req. for hb+8 )
    158-160 int (fp+8+9)
    Rest into hp

FP+8/9 (2 or 3 hp, 2 or 3 str, with +6/25 DD helm as a secondary)
    WP+1 ---> get a WP+2 or IN+0
    Fov+1
    HV+0 ---> change for LB+0...smexy resists and more AC
    Iron Belt is fine...go glass if paper though...you need the int
    Dual LE+0 are sexy on int or paper...although I'd say get a LE+1 and WSE/SSE+0 as fp
    II+8 ---> Keep or go hb+7+8
    -----------------------------------
    DS+1rb and Smite+1rb for support
    Lycaon+7 and SS+6+7 for tower tanking

In terms of getting better...my gear was quite similar to yours (glass instead of IB, and hb+8 over II+8, 4x +8 and 1x+9 piece) and I too got my arse handed to me 3 or 4 on 1...but thats typical...with or without weapon def...but yeah...if you want to stay paper..get a +7/15 or +6/25 dd cap and a piece of +5/20 spear def...lotsa rappies out there[/b]
    um... the dmg may be the same with FP but your HP will completely suck... and I prrefer having more hp than more def, cuz in RLB I have 10k heal which helps a lot

and for your build u NEED rare fp defs...

thibaultcam

Actually I agree with daze.. I've played RLB fp bp before with alot less good items then TheReal and it owns..
    U can take 1 vs 3 in most cases (not when 3 gg's ofc), only thing u need is DS+7 and SH+7 take 1 of them three
    down and for the others u can swap to ur 2h wepon and kill those duffed noobs fastly. Also take 2 sets of fp+8, hp and str one

Only things u might change are these:
    if u arent in an old server, stat int up to 164 so u can wear DD15 chittin,
    2ndly, like akutee said, change them HV's to ROC's or FOV's+1, mages arent that good in RLB especially since ur int bp
    and lastly, u can change wp+1 to IN but wp+1 will do fine also

TheRealD2A Senior Member

Thanks for all the great advise.